iOLAP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant Interview

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iOLAP in December 2009.

Interview Details – initial screen, skills screen and client interview

Interview Question – technical challenge in prior project and solution   Answer Question

SQL Interview

SQL
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at iOLAP in January 2010.

Interview Details – Know your stuff, Ask about the interview dress code. Very laid back

Interview Question – Explain to us how "XX" works. All sorts of SQL questions with there possible applications   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at iOLAP in January 2009.

Interview Details – The company is a privately held business intelligence and data warehousing consultancy. They currently have no marketing staff but have been getting by with a small number of freelancers and administrative help. I interviewed with the HR manager and the two owners of the company. Although the offices are very basic and plain, I was quite impressed with the 3 people I met. The HR manager was direct and open. The two owners were quite refreshing in their approach. I mentioned that their names were nowhere on their website and they said that they wanted it that way. They were obviously very smart and savvy businessmen but their lack of ego about them was quite refreshing. I got the impression that they like to run a very lean and productive organization. They told me up front that they were interviewing 5 candidates, that they genuinely liked all 5, and that 1/2 of them were junior level and 1/2 were at a senior level. This was their situation: hire a less experienced candidate and have more funds to go outside for freelance/contract services for graphics and web. . .or hire a more experienced candidate and possibly have less money to go outside for contract services. Although I didn't get the job, my guess is that they hired a more junior level candidate.

Interview Questions

Worked for iOLAP? Contribute to the Community!