iPipeline

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Senior Applications Developer
Exton, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at iPipeline in March 2014.

Interview Details – The initial contact over the phone was pleasant. In the day of my interview, I arrived there, and noticed that the environment was a busy one; but even then, the people felt approachable with a welcome-smile. Everyone that interviewed me made me feel comfortable. Overall, the work environment felt like a breath of fresh air.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a 'most unexpected' question from my interview. Although, the interesting questions that I received were the behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was straight-forward. I knew what I was looking for and I was offered what I asked for and more. My suggestion is to know what you want before looking for a new position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iPipeline in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was thorough with a phone interview, behavioral test, technical test and business test. After completing those tests I was brought in for an in-person interview. I had to provide five references, two of which I directly reported to in the last five years. During the phone interview portion of the process I had one call with a HR representative and one with a Director. The in-person interview was with two BA's a Director and a VP.

Interview Question – If i had all of the money I could ever want what would I do with my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We discussed expectations for salary and benefits up front and it was a seemless process. I had no curveballs or changes from my first discussion about salary until accepting my offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at iPipeline in January 2014.

Interview Details – Extremely fast but thorough. The steps included phone screens, knowledge verification and two in-person interviews. I got the impression that iPipeline wanted to ensure that the company and the candidate had the right chemistry to be successful.

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of the many different types of Life Insurance products.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – From the start the negotiations were open dialog with knowledge transfer. The Human Resources and Recruiter teams provided me with detailed information on the company's culture and a holistic view of its total compensation plan. Overall, it was an excellent experience with a high level of professionalism.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iPipeline in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Screens, one with HR, one with Hiring Manager, On site interview (speed dating), then received offer letter

Interview Question – Questions around basic competency for the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted a pay cut

Sales Interview

Sales
Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at iPipeline in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very slow and methodical process. 1st interview with HR and low level employees. 2nd interview with senior level/peer employees. Next interview a "American Idol" type setting judging your presentation skills. Last interview with the CEO who really didn't care to be interviewing

Interview Question – Do I keep my ketchup in the refrigerator? Trying to make the point of not going with the status quo; ketchup is not required to be stored in the refrigerator but most people do   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slow

R&D Summer Internship Interview

R&D Summer Internship

Interviewed at iPipeline

Interview Details – The HR manager reached out to me through an email and scheduled a day for a brief phone interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and at the end of it, she asked for available days to come in for an in person interview. Later, she noted that some candidates were eliminated after the phone interview so if she does not ask for an in person interview at the end of the phone call then there is a high chance they are not interested in you. The in person interview was very confusing. I had to wait half an hour before the actual interview began and while waiting, the HR manager was constantly talking to me. I believe this is part of the interview so try to be as talkative as you can with the HR manager. Afterwards, I was in a group interview where two individuals interviewed me and a second candidate. In a sense, they were pitting me against the opposing candidate. Their attention was largely directed towards me so I knew they were more interested in me.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in the future and what qualities do you have that makes you better then the other candidates were questions that were unexpected. They were not difficult, but the majority of the time they were asking questions that mainly assesses your traits and these two questions were one of the few that assessed your skills. During the in person interview, it was incredibly laid back. The most unexpected question was how early they asked me for questions. Half of the interview was literally me asking them questions as oppose to them asking me questions. I get a feeling that they are using this to gauge how interested you are in their company so come prepared with a lot of deep questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at iPipeline.

Interview Details – Multiple rounds of interviews, personality test, plus presentation to a group. Process was overly long and complicated, with details, timeline and earnings expectation kept hidden. Company plays its cards very close to the vest, likes to keep candidates at a disadvantage and makes low-ball offers.

Interview Question – Don't remember one question as particularly difficult or unexpected. The difficulty was really in the process and people involved. Seemed like too many people had input, the process was somewhat arbitrary and the timeline was uncertain. The required presentation has little to do with the actual job, and is apparently an incredibly inaccurate predictor of success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hard to negotiate with a company that drags the interview process out so long, demands proof of past salary and doesn't like to answer total comp questions during the process. The offer felt a little "bait and switch" and was more or less "take it or leave it".

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for iPipeline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iPipeline interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by iPipeline employees and interview candidates.