iPipeline Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Updated Jul 16, 2014

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iPipeline.

What a joke. They paint a very rosy picture of the company, then they low-ball your offer. Only after you start working there do you realize what a show they put on to lure you in, and the show takes for-ev-er. Multiple rounds of interviews, dragging the process out, forcing you to choose between them and other opportunities. They don't care, and give no consideration to how long they take to make an offer.

How do you negotiate with a company that uses such a deceptive hiring process and takes advantage at every step?

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at iPipeline in March 2014.

The initial contact over the phone was pleasant. In the day of my interview, I arrived there, and noticed that the environment was a busy one; but even then, the people felt approachable with a welcome-smile. Everyone that interviewed me made me feel comfortable. Overall, the work environment felt like a breath of fresh air.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a 'most unexpected' question from my interview. Although, the interesting questions that I received were the behavioral ones.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was straight-forward. I knew what I was looking for and I was offered what I asked for and more. My suggestion is to know what you want before looking for a new position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline in February 2014.

The interview process was thorough with a phone interview, behavioral test, technical test and business test. After completing those tests I was brought in for an in-person interview. I had to provide five references, two of which I directly reported to in the last five years. During the phone interview portion of the process I had one call with a HR representative and one with a Director. The in-person interview was with two BA's a Director and a VP.

Interview Questions
    • If i had all of the money I could ever want what would I do with my life.   Answer Question
    We discussed expectations for salary and benefits up front and it was a seemless process. I had no curveballs or changes from my first discussion about salary until accepting my offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline in January 2014.

Extremely fast but thorough. The steps included phone screens, knowledge verification and two in-person interviews. I got the impression that iPipeline wanted to ensure that the company and the candidate had the right chemistry to be successful.

Interview Questions
    • What is your knowledge of the many different types of Life Insurance products.   View Answer
    From the start the negotiations were open dialog with knowledge transfer. The Human Resources and Recruiter teams provided me with detailed information on the company's culture and a holistic view of its total compensation plan. Overall, it was an excellent experience with a high level of professionalism.

R&D Summer Internship Interview

The HR manager reached out to me through an email and scheduled a day for a brief phone interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and at the end of it, she asked for available days to come in for an in person interview. Later, she noted that some candidates were eliminated after the phone interview so if she does not ask for an in person interview at the end of the phone call then there is a high chance they are not interested in you. The in person interview was very confusing. I had to wait half an hour before the actual interview began and while waiting, the HR manager was constantly talking to me. I believe this is part of the interview so try to be as talkative as you can with the HR manager. Afterwards, I was in a group interview where two individuals interviewed me and a second candidate. In a sense, they were pitting me against the opposing candidate. Their attention was largely directed towards me so I knew they were more interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing in the future and what qualities do you have that makes you better then the other candidates were questions that were unexpected. They were not difficult, but the majority of the time they were asking questions that mainly assesses your traits and these two questions were one of the few that assessed your skills. During the in person interview, it was incredibly laid back. The most unexpected question was how early they asked me for questions. Half of the interview was literally me asking them questions as oppose to them asking me questions. I get a feeling that they are using this to gauge how interested you are in their company so come prepared with a lot of deep questions.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline in February 2013.

2 Phone Screens, one with HR, one with Hiring Manager, On site interview (speed dating), then received offer letter

I accepted a pay cut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at iPipeline.

Multiple rounds of interviews, personality test, plus presentation to a group. Process was overly long and complicated, with details, timeline and earnings expectation kept hidden. Company plays its cards very close to the vest, likes to keep candidates at a disadvantage and makes low-ball offers.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember one question as particularly difficult or unexpected. The difficulty was really in the process and people involved. Seemed like too many people had input, the process was somewhat arbitrary and the timeline was uncertain. The required presentation has little to do with the actual job, and is apparently an incredibly inaccurate predictor of success.   Answer Question
    Hard to negotiate with a company that drags the interview process out so long, demands proof of past salary and doesn't like to answer total comp questions during the process. The offer felt a little "bait and switch" and was more or less "take it or leave it".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at iPipeline in May 2012.

Very slow and methodical process. 1st interview with HR and low level employees. 2nd interview with senior level/peer employees. Next interview a "American Idol" type setting judging your presentation skills. Last interview with the CEO who really didn't care to be interviewing

Interview Questions
    • Do I keep my ketchup in the refrigerator? Trying to make the point of not going with the status quo; ketchup is not required to be stored in the refrigerator but most people do   Answer Question
    Slow