iPipeline Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iPipeline.

Interview

Do not wast your time!!! Extremely prolonged interview process. 1. 30 minutes phone call with Sr BSA 2. Online behavioral test - 1.5 h 3. 1.5 h interview in Exton, PA (management team) 4. 1.5 h interview in Exton, PA (technical team)

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline (Exton, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewing went quickly. It took about 3 weeks. Initially a phone interview with HR. Then met with a number of other people. BA's, PM's and Directors. It did seem to me that if they are interested in you then they will come after you pretty quickly. All in all it was a fairly easy process and they accommodated my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline (Malvern, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard 1/2 hour with 3-4 staff from Director level, Hiring manager, colleague. Started with typical questions, but quickly became more of a conversation about approaches, the company's future, and current challenges they face. The process was fairly quick with a request to come in and observe the team in action. I was unable to do that however and ended the process there.

Interview Questions

• I did most of the talking-tried to steer interview towards strengths- excitement about what I'm doing (Project Management), interest in company, thoughts about Project Management   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at iPipeline (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I was first screened with one phone call by the HR department. I was scheduled for an interview next with the VP of technology and the solution architect who were both with the company at that time. An offer was made very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Do I know the main difference between C and c++   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at iPipeline.

Interview

What a joke. They paint a very rosy picture of the company, then they low-ball your offer. Only after you start working there do you realize what a show they put on to lure you in, and the show takes for-ev-er. Multiple rounds of interviews, dragging the process out, forcing you to choose between them and other opportunities. They don't care, and give no consideration to how long they take to make an offer.

Negotiation

How do you negotiate with a company that uses such a deceptive hiring process and takes advantage at every step?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at iPipeline (Exton, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

The actual interview itself was standard. The process to get an interview was long. Once I had my interview, I was told that they would be in touch and did not hear back officially for quite some time.

Interview Questions

• When did you work smarter not harder?   1 Answer

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at iPipeline (Exton, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The initial contact over the phone was pleasant. In the day of my interview, I arrived there, and noticed that the environment was a busy one; but even then, the people felt approachable with a welcome-smile. Everyone that interviewed me made me feel comfortable. Overall, the work environment felt like a breath of fresh air.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was a 'most unexpected' question from my interview. Although, the interesting questions that I received were the behavioral ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was straight-forward. I knew what I was looking for and I was offered what I asked for and more. My suggestion is to know what you want before looking for a new position.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline (Exton, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was thorough with a phone interview, behavioral test, technical test and business test. After completing those tests I was brought in for an in-person interview. I had to provide five references, two of which I directly reported to in the last five years. During the phone interview portion of the process I had one call with a HR representative and one with a Director. The in-person interview was with two BA's a Director and a VP.

Interview Questions

• If i had all of the money I could ever want what would I do with my life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We discussed expectations for salary and benefits up front and it was a seemless process. I had no curveballs or changes from my first discussion about salary until accepting my offer.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iPipeline (Exton, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Extremely fast but thorough. The steps included phone screens, knowledge verification and two in-person interviews. I got the impression that iPipeline wanted to ensure that the company and the candidate had the right chemistry to be successful.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of the many different types of Life Insurance products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

From the start the negotiations were open dialog with knowledge transfer. The Human Resources and Recruiter teams provided me with detailed information on the company's culture and a holistic view of its total compensation plan. Overall, it was an excellent experience with a high level of professionalism.

Interview

The HR manager reached out to me through an email and scheduled a day for a brief phone interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and at the end of it, she asked for available days to come in for an in person interview. Later, she noted that some candidates were eliminated after the phone interview so if she does not ask for an in person interview at the end of the phone call then there is a high chance they are not interested in you. The in person interview was very confusing. I had to wait half an hour before the actual interview began and while waiting, the HR manager was constantly talking to me. I believe this is part of the interview so try to be as talkative as you can with the HR manager. Afterwards, I was in a group interview where two individuals interviewed me and a second candidate. In a sense, they were pitting me against the opposing candidate. Their attention was largely directed towards me so I knew they were more interested in me.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the future and what qualities do you have that makes you better then the other candidates were questions that were unexpected. They were not difficult, but the majority of the time they were asking questions that mainly assesses your traits and these two questions were one of the few that assessed your skills. During the in person interview, it was incredibly laid back. The most unexpected question was how early they asked me for questions. Half of the interview was literally me asking them questions as oppose to them asking me questions. I get a feeling that they are using this to gauge how interested you are in their company so come prepared with a lot of deep questions.   Answer Question