iProspect Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at iProspect in October 2014.

Applied online and received a phone call. The interviewer was late and you can tell that she just wants to get over the call ASAP. At the 4 min mark, the interviewer cut me off by saying that she will keep me in mind. I didn't even get to ask questions. Unprofessional and rude.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous employer say about you? Who the hell asks this question in the first phone screen?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at iProspect in September 2014.

I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview after submitting an online application. The phone interview was short but informative and I was invited to interview in-person. I had another offer on the table, so I ended up interview in-person the next day. I was interviewed by three people who would be on my team. They interviewed me at the same time and it was very much like a discussion rather than purely Q&A. Afterwards, I spoke with Talent Acquisition and was offered the position later in the day.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important factor when creating Facebook ads?   Answer Question
    I had another offer and I informed iProspect of it. iProspect asked the range the other company was offering and offered me well above. It was very quick and the Talent Acquisition person who handled my case made everything very easy and understandable for me.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iProspect.

I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted about a week later to set up a phone interview. During my phone interview I was asked typical questions from an HR person asking about my background, specifically with paid search and affiliate marketing, then why I was interested in iProspect. At the end of my phone interview (lasted about 20min), I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. During my in-person, I met with 4 people (interview was about 2 hours). Obviously the questions were a little repetitive but they were all enjoyable, I was able to not only able to give more details about my background, but was comfortable asking more about the team and the position (who I would be responsible for managing, day-to-day work, etc.). The last person I met with then showed me around their office and we left off with them telling me I would be contacted by the HR person following the interview.

The HR person contacted me the next business day with feedback she received about how all of the interviews went and I received and offer! Overall I really enjoyed the interview process and had a great conversation with everyone I met with!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you ran into with a client or your team internally and how did you handle it? Provide an example of something your team is currently testing out within your search campaigns, or a new initiative your currently working on.   Answer Question
    During my first interview, I was asked what my salary expectations were and although it was mentioned that they probably wouldn't be able to meet the range I had in mind. When I received my offer, they were happy to share that they could meet my request! They were also very flexible with my start date, since I had some scheduling conflicts with my employer at the time and a vacation I had.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at iProspect.

I found the job on LinkedIn and applied and contacted the recruiter thru the LinkedIn channels. I was immediately contacted by that recruiter for a phone interview a few days later. She was very hard to get a hold of at times and would consistently tell me she would get back to me by a certain time/day and then would not get back to me by that specified time. I would then have to reach out to her again in order to keep the process moving. I had 2 days of in person interviews, one day consisted of 3 different interviews with 2 people in each interview (all of them asked me the same questions, some seemed fairly nice, on of the people made a very rude comment, when I was asked the question "What would you do to make sure you are seen in a good light in order to move up in the company" and I responded that "I would volunteer as much as I can for various projects and extra work" and the person stated in a very snarky way "One of THOSE people" which I found to be very unprofessional. One of the pairs of people on this particular day were very nice and very informative on the position. I enjoyed speaking with them immensely. I was then back in the hands of the recruiter who was difficult to get a hold of again. I was finally set up on a final in person interview with the hiring manager who seemed very interested in bringing me on. I felt like the interview went very well. When I left I got in touch with the recruiter again who stated she would get back to me by the end of the day, latest the next day. I did not hear from her for 4 days. I emailed her after a week had passed and got a "we are going with other candidates" message back. I was really disappointed with this interview process as it took so long and it was difficult to keep the momentum going. The one other thing that really irked me and made me realize maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get an offer is that I emailed every single one of the people I interviewed with and asked for any feedback or advice on things I could do to improve my interview process and resume, I got absolutely no response from any of these people. All in all I found the entire month long process to be disorganized, very unprofessional and in the end disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Most of them were the standard "tell me a time" kind of questions.   Answer Question

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iProspect in July 2014.

An old coworker referred me for the position. I was emailed by the recruiter and a phone interview was set up. The phone interview was very typical and after about 20 mins I was offered an in-person interview.

I interviewed with 4 people separately and while some of the questions were repetitive, it also seemed each person had a different angle they covered with their questions. One person asked very SEO related questions and scenarios, another more managerial, another more personal questions and the other (account director) even more general questions.

Overall, it was a good interview experience. I wasn't offered the job -- I was told I would be a good fit for the SEO Coordinator position (one position lower), which I can understand.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions included: most important onsite factors, most important offsite factors, how I'd go about building links, what milestones I've achieved for my clients and what am I most proud of in my career.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iProspect in July 2014.

Consisted of a phone screening, skype interview and in-person interview with multiple employees that lasted almost 4 hours. Everyone was really nice, asked a mix of expected and more difficult questions. Overall, the interview process was lengthy and time-consuming. I have heard great things about the company culture, but unfortunately did not get an offer after hearing positive things about my interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is your process when you think about Account Management?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at iProspect in June 2014.

I applied for Supervisor Position through my Ex-Colleague, I was initially called by an HR recruiter called Andre Greenier. After the chat and general conversation, she forwarded the Resume to Hiring Manager, whose is a Director, I spoke with Director and called for Next round in person at Boston Office. I was suppose to have 5 rounds of interview in afternoon. I came to office by 2:00 pm and was greeted by receptionist in front desk. I was greeted by HR Recruiter and told me about meeting with will go smoothly. After speaking with person 3 people itself. They forfeited the next rounds and was told that already the first two person gave her a reviews, that I am fit for Analytics position. But not for the Search Marketing Trainer, that I feel really bad about it.

Interview Questions
    • Same general Interview, nothing much to describe. Casual talk about previous experience?   View Answer

Search Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iProspect in June 2014.

Having been searching on the job market for 3 months, I find Alice Cage, the recruiter at iProspect is the most efficient and supportive HR I have ever dealt with. Consider yourself lucky if you are in her hand because, compared to other non-communicative arrogant HR persons, she is almost an angelic figure.

I applied through Linkedin and immediately got a call from her to set up a phone screen and then she set up two interviews with the account managers, and other team members. All done in a week. Between interviews, she would give me feedbacks and encourage me to stay patient (which very rare among HRs).

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly to gauge your technical skills and problem solving ability. Nothing tricky. They would also ask you about experiences on your resume in details.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at iProspect.

Interviewers were very friendly. Questions weren't hard at all. Everyone was really young and nice - very casual office setting.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to learn something new quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iProspect in February 2014.

It took about 2 weeks from application, to my hire date. I was referred by a friend and went through the online application process. Once I heard back from HR, I was instructed to complete a video recorded interview. For me, this was the toughest part of the process as it was hard to gauge anything given that you are just making a recording, not sure how anyone is receiving this information or getting any cues or clues as to how the process is going. The in person interview was conducted by two people, not in tandem and I received a call back roughly about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. I always find it difficult answering the question 'what do you like to do you with your free time?' and that was asked.   Answer Question
    There really was negotiation phase, especially for me since I had no previous experience and didn't have much leverage.