iRobot Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.9

Associate Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iRobot.

I applied online and got a response asking for a phone interview within a few days. Since I'm not in the Boston area, I had two technical phone interviews, and then they decided not to bring me in on-site - no offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about embedded systems (expected) and went into some detail with object-oriented programming.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at iRobot.

Applied online through company website. Got a call in couple of days from the recruiter. My profile matched (or exceeded) 100% to what they were looking for, the role/expertise required was somewhat niche. One phone interview with another engineering individual, after which I got invited for an in-person daylong marathon interview session with at least 8-10 managers, PMs, engineers. Most of the interviewers had no clue about the role or the kind of questions they should be asking (some of them accepted that when I was asked if I had any questions!). Most of the questions were based of previous experience, behavioral. The whole process was super easy, but seemed unnecessary, as by the time I got through hiring manager's interview (2nd in the day), I know I had the job. If you can talk crap intelligently, you'll thrive in interviews at this place.

Interview Questions
    • Most interviewers had no clue about role I was being interviewed for or why they are even there. No difficulty in getting through them. Most 30 min interviews lasted 20 min, where I asked questions for 15.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at iRobot in July 2014.

Straightforward round robin 3 people. We sat in a conference room, discussed some of my previous positions and design experiences, they trumpeted how great their company was blah blah. Eventually we had a simple design scenario wherein they tried to put me on the spot, I solved their problem the manages asked everyone else to leave and he asked me how much.

HRBP Role Interview

I was interviewed via phone. I was told that I had a great background and it was one of the best resumes and phone interview they had so far in the hiring for the role. I was told they would definitely call me back to interview and I never heard from them again.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at iRobot.

Talked to 4 different people for a full day company visit. Was asked a lot about past projects and brought in samples of my work. Some technical questions on engineering principles. Some technical questions on their robots and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • How do our robots detect when they are approaching stairs or a ledge?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at iRobot in February 2014.

After resume's submitted they will contact you for a phone interview. During this interview they will ask you in depth questions about your projects, as well as conceptual questions. Brush up on your basic equations

Interview Questions
    • if you are in a canoe in a pool holding a bowling ball and you drop the bowling ball into the pool, what happens to the level of the pool   Answer Question
    Awesome experience, take it.

Product Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at iRobot.

Was two stages, the first was an interview with 3 product managers and was asked behavioural questions and technical questions. The second round was to do a SWOT analysis on the company's main product and present it to the team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure that your customers remain loyal and keep buying your product?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Had a phone interview with 3 managers and got the job in my pajamas.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at iRobot.

We had been socializing the idea of employment for a month or so, so the actual job interview was a bit of a formality. My reputation from previous employment was really the key.
    For a few weeks we talked on the phone. When I finally got serious and we set a date for the interview in person, I was surprised to find out how relaxed the members of the interview panel were. It was a long day, but not really stressful since I had an offer letter already as well as a couple of companies with interest.
    The final offer for the job and salary negotiations was over dinner with the head guy. He offer the salary and finally provided a job description (it was a little loose up to that point). I countered on the spot with the offer letter I already had and he accepted my counter.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Typical questions. The difficulty may have come more from the constant flow of people coming into the room over a period of the day asking questions and just chatting. I felt in a good position since I had a job offer and several other companies really interested in me, so I was overall relaxed.   Answer Question
    I had another offer that was higher, so I was playing with a good hand. Told them about the other offer and they matched. I did negotiate some additional bonuses on top of the matched salary. The benefit package was above average.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at iRobot in June 2012.

Submitted Resume online. Recruiter contacted me via email to gather additional details, ask further qualifying questions. Then set up an on-site interview with the hiring manager. After interview, did not receive a callback.