iSoftStone Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at iSoftStone.

Interview

There was a couple round of interviews. The first set was personality based. The second set of questions were technical. The interviews were dry, but most interviews are. From a first glance perspective the interviewers seemed very professional. Here are some extra words to meet the minimum for a post, which in this scenario is 50 for some reason.

Interview Questions

• How many assumptions have you made this far into the interview; identify them.   1 Answer

Global Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted application on a Monday, received callback on a Friday, received second callback on the Monday after (it was a holiday weekend so I wanted to wait until Monday) and set up phone interview. Spoke with project coordinator and then she passed my info over to the recruitment lead in China. Did phone interview with her and she said she would pass my information over to the director or somebody over her in China for final interview. I followed up with them and never got a response. My application was still pending in the job application status on their website so I guess I was still in the running. After two weeks of dead silence, i withdraw my application and gave them a piece of my mind as to why I withdrew. It's poor business practice to not follow up with candidates on the job status. It is also bad business practice to talk over me in the interview (I'm talking about you recruitment lead in Beijing).

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially interviewed by the wrong person, eventually interviewed by another web dev, who was busy chatting on Skype during my interview (literally). Didn't seem interested in taking the time to conduct a serious interview. The first interviewer asked technical questions that were very vague ("explain types" or "explain positions in CSS") to which I answered that I'm not sure what they're really asking... I also wasn't applying for a javascript developer role, so I didn't see why that was the primary focus of the interview - not my front-end design or development skills. Second interviewer was busy and just asked mostly the same questions, didn't seem to care, actually told me he was just trying to rush through it to get to his other meetings.

Interview Questions

• Lots of obscure javascript questions that seemed to be pulled from a "top 10 javascript quirks" blog post, for example; "1" + 1 = ? Second part was to put 4 DIVs next to each other and create a setInterval that cycles them, moving the last item to the front every 5 seconds. Was interrupted 2 minutes into it to remind me that she had somewhere to be in 40 minutes (as if I was going to take more than 40 minutes?)   1 Answer

I was quizzed on obscure, useless topics and not at all on my actual skillset. The interviewers seemed like they were in a hurry, and they were more fixated on the fact that my agency doesn't allow me to share personal contact info on my resume or portfolio (it was brought up 5 separate times, and once the interviewer even left the room to go ask someone else, only to return to tell me that she found out it is true but seemed like maybe I had a "lack of understanding" of what my agency requires). I was not asked any personality questions or told anything about the company or given an opportunity to ask any questions. This seemed like an extremely poorly designed and planned interview process, and I would not want to work for this company considering the lack of organization and the low pay rate offered.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone.

Interview

I just contacted them online and i received their reply after three days. In their response, they indicated the details that i needed to qualify for the position. The interview and hiring process goes through a series of training you have to take using the guidelines and bing HRS tool and then pass the Microsoft test before getting an offer to actually work. The whole duration of the process depends on how fast you understand a long and very detailed guideline and handle the trainings along with the test. You usually have up to three days to watch an introductory video showing you how to work and use the guideline in the process. Me, i'm still going through the hiring process for the moment but i should be done with it soon.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing is to use the guideline effectively to complete each queries with the appropriate ratings which can be sometime confusing for me.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Kirkland, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with iSoftStone HR, then met with the hiring manager. After that interview, I met with a hiring manager for the company I would be working for. Once I successfully completed those, I was brought on very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Have you led a project from the requirements phase through the launch?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very short negotiation phase. I requested an annual salary and vacation time and it was approved with no questions asked.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Bellevue, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. Sent in a resume and got a call back. I met with an HR representative and the Delivery Manager. I spent a total of 1.5 hours there. I had a general discussion about my background and then some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would tell someone who didn't speak any english, the process for filling up a car with gas.   1 Answer

Search Engine Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Mexico City (Mexico)) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Signed an Non-disclosure. Made sure my computer/browser were all up to speed as per their requirements. I received a polite and respectful email with all the additional steps to continue. This included an unpaid self-training and testing. The per hour wage quoted was very low. Much lower than any amount mentioned on any internet research I had done.

Interview Questions

• There really were none. I was provided access to on-line material of about 100 pages to review / understand. Then about 10 pages of computer set-up. Then 2 sets of training periods (you are graded) This is supposed to be completed in about 5 days.   1 Answer

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iSoftStone (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

paper-based interview : banking business knowledge and some basic testing theory face-to-face interview : manul testing method

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Preare for the testing basic knowledge