iStream Financial Services Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at iStream Financial Services

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at iStream Financial Services in December 2011.

I replied to an ad on Craigslist for a Project Coordinator position. They brought me in for interview #1, and I met with the recruiter, the VP of operations, and another guy who I think was a networking specialist. Really nice guys, very easy to talk to. The recruiter then took me on a tour of the office and that's when I kinda went... Yuck. 4-foot tall cubicle walls arranged in a farm. No thanks.

They called me back almost immediately for a second interview, this time with two of the other PM's. The three of us were definitely comfortable with each other, but maybe the two ladies were TOO comfortable. They started gossiping about people in the office, telling me who I was going to like, and who was going to drive me nuts, etc. Definitely not the professional environment I was looking for. We did a conference call with the guy who would have been my boss. The entire time we were on the phone with him, the two PM's were (very obviously) texting each other back and forth and rolling their eyes, trying to stifle their laughter. Really?

Early the next week, I was emailed with a request to come in for a 3rd interview, this time with the guy who would have been my boss. However, I had already accepted an offer elsewhere. Even if I hadn't, there is no way I'd work for a company where their "top tier professionals" were comfortable with gossiping in an interview.

Overall, the people I met during my time there seemed very nice, but I could also tell they were not exactly happy with their jobs. It was just a vibe I got. I'd urge others to stay away from this company.

Entry Level Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at iStream Financial Services in January 2012.

I applied to iStream Financial Services online and a couple days later received an email response asking me to do both a phone interview with an automatic system that asked me several technical questions and a personality test online.
    I was then asked to come in for an interview which was a panel interview with the Hiring Manager and two Network Administrators. This interview included more technical questions and other traditional questions. What was odd was the large amount of informality my interviewers had. Joking around during the interview. They were however nice people whom I enjoyed speaking to.
    I was brought in a second time for another interview. The second interview involved meeting first a room of two technicians who asked me technical questions. After that I was taken to a managers office to have a traditional interview with a focus on my personality. I was then asked to perform a skills test by helping an employee at the location with a technical problem. While the whole test was clearly ad hoc I was successful at the tasks given. The tasks were what I would expect to see in a help desk position. Finally i was taken back to the Hiring Managers office where we discussed the position in detail to clear up any loose ends.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at iStream Financial Services in June 2008.

There interview process can take some time. First they put a job posting out and then eventually (2-10 weeks) they will call you back. At that tie you will need to complete an online assessment which is a personality evaluation. IF YOU DO NOT SCORE WELL ON THIS THEY WILL PROBABLY NOT HIRE YOU. If you do score well you will be asked back for an interview. At that time you will meet the entire staff and be passed around to various sr mgmt. If all goes well, you will be asked back again where mgmt will talk to you again and then you will probably receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with various forms of payment processing or project management. Are you open to working on multiple tasks at the same time and some may not be related to your specific position.   Answer Question
    You are able to negotiate both salary and vacation. There can be a 25% variance for people doing the same job.