Senior Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a basic hiring process. Phone interview followed by two on site interviews with HR, SR and Peer managers. Was basically recruited by HR, they were very excited to meet and it went smoothly and professionally. The office is in a great building on 101, best work environment imaginable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your project scope was drastically changed.   Answer Question

QA Manager/Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at icix (South San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I found this through a recruiter I've worked with and trust. There was a phone screen, an in-house interview, and then a last round with the CTO. The CTO was late for the interview and then interrupted the interview to take a call for 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Using a language of your preference, parse a log file for a key phrase occurring withing a certain date range and redirect the output to a separate file.   1 Answer

The offer they gave me was for QA Lead reporting to the director and not the QA Manager/Director position reporting to the CTO, as previously discussed.

Applications Developer - Back End Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at icix in March 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening interview with the hiring manager. He asked me about my experience and gave me a simple question testing my HTTP knowledge. Had another phone screen with the CTO who asked me a bunch of technical questions. Then, they brought me for an on-site interview where I met with the same managers who interviewed me on the phone plus an engineer and a Director of Product Development. The CTO is a pretty arrogant man. He excused himself for using the notebook during the interview as if for taking notes but it was clear that he was "multitasking" and did not pay much attention to my answers. He claims that he is looking for top-notch engineers to use the latest technology in order to build a very contemporary system, yet I did not see one person on the team who fits that description. I decided not to pursue the opportunity. I don't want to work for an organization lead by a person with acute ADD.

Interview Questions

• Write Java class for a blocking queue: when the queue is empty and read method is invoked, it is blocked until something is on the queue. When the queue is full and write method is invoked, it is blocked until an entry in the queue is available.   Answer Question