if(we) Tagged

if(we) Tagged Interview Questions

3.1

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at if(we) Tagged.

Step 1: Phone interview with HR, Step 2: Phone Interview with Potential Manager, Step 3: In person, on-site interview with team members

Interview Questions
    • Is it better to have the right answer to the wrong problem, or the wrong answer to the right problem?   Answer Question
    I was hired as a contractor, there was not a lot of negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at if(we) Tagged in February 2014.

I was contacted by a HR for background check, phone interview with the same HR person, phone interview with the Engineering manager, coding two exercises given before the on-site interview, the on-site interview which took about 4 hours with 5 engineers. It was very professional and "no-bullshit" from end to end. All the parties participating were well prepared. Not easy though.

Interview Questions
    • The one that I haven't had good explanation was about "Lockless resource sharing among different threads"?   Answer Question
    Pretty standard I guess. We agreed in the middle like proper gents :)

if(we) Tagged Response

Jul 23, 2014Sr. Executive Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, glad you had a great interview experience. Welcome aboard! Hope you will have a wonderful time here at Tagged!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at if(we) Tagged.

Submitted application online and was emailed for an interview. Two 20 minute interviews with different team members in the department

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at if(we) Tagged.

Called for an onsite interview after initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. An intro level Bayesian probability question. Some thing you would have done during stat 101 course.
      Some details about how classification by regression works.
        Answer Question

if(we) Tagged Response

Apr 4, 2014Recruiter

Dear Candidate,

We are very sorry to hear about your poor onsite interview experience with Tagged.

Please let us know whether you would like to talk to anyone here on the talent team. We’d be
    ... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at if(we) Tagged in November 2013.

The process included: 1HR screener with Design Lead, 1Phone Interview with Hiring Sr. PM, 1 onsite round with 1PM peer, 2 Sr. PMs, Product VP, and Mobile Eng Lead. Most of the interview revolved around process (what is your sprint cycle and planning process like at your current firm). Very little probing into what you could do better in their product because their flagship product is going through a major re-design. The team seems to have much new energy through the acquisition of PMs from the decaying MySpace property. The strategy of the company is not well-defined - a Facebook for the Urban demographic. The firm does not focus as much about the end user experience (the fact that there are too many fake users on the platform) and find technology to fix it. The perspective is more about polish and seems to be focused on the wrong key metrics. There is minimal AB testing so any candidate should bring up their experience in this area. There also seems to be a disconnect with the current CEO and leadership team - pet projects from the exec team vs polish on the cash cow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had difficulty working with an engineering lead and what did you do to resolve that?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at if(we) Tagged in November 2013.

Applied online and got an email requesting an initial conversation with the HR the next day. The entire process took 4 days from the HR screening and a phone round with the hiring manager to the visit on-site - one of the best interview processes I've had during my 4 years as a professional.

HR round:- discussion about the educational background and work experience related to statistics and data analysis along with the kind of tools used. She gave a detailed view of what the company is doing along with the growth prospects and was extremely helpful throughout.

Phone round with hiring manager:- questions on a/b testing, statistics, and a brain teaser to check analytical/quant thinking. Again, a very pleasant, easy-going conversation.

On-site interviews:- met with 5 people for half a day of conversations. Questions on R, SQL, Python, a little bit of statistics and a/b testing. Overall a great experience as it's obvious that they enjoy their work and are passionate about the product.

Best part:- they had a vision for the role and want people to learn along with the team. In my case they were willing to take a shot with someone who doesn't have a background in social media.

Interview Questions

Visa/family situation made me choose a lesser offer with a 100 year old firm.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at if(we) Tagged.

One phone call from HR to screen basic experience and collect information such as salary expectations, followed by one phone call from hiring manager, then 2 onsite interviews.
    - Phone calls were pretty straightforward, just checking info from resume, and making sure I was in the ballpark.
    - Two rounds of onsite meetings (within a few days, quickly after the phone screens), with 3-4 people each time. Everybody was really nice, on time, curious, friendly and open-minded. It was no trick interviews, more like a conversation around the role, the company, and what I could offer based on my past experience. I met with the hiring manager's boss, his peers, and people in the same team as the position from various roles.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer had prepared questions ahead of time, based on my resume. Nothing really difficult, questions more like "strengths & weaknesses", "describe a situation where ..."   Answer Question

I received an offer a few days after the second onsite interviews. Prior to this, I was asked to provide details about my previous compensation, which I did (base + bonus + stocks).

The offer I then received was absolutely not on par with the role described. First, it changed from "Senior Project Manager" to simply "Project Manager" and the offer was well below the salary range discussed initially (compensation package was well below previous compensation).

Since I had 2 other, much more competitive, offers from other companies, I did not pursue this opportunity.

Database Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at if(we) Tagged.

I was scheduled for a 10.15 AM phone screen last week. I didn't get a call until 12 PM. When I finally contacted the recruiter, he rescheduled for a later date, which he ended up missing again. This time, I called him instead of emailing him since I wanted to just be done with the interview. Despite the fact that my interview was scheduled that day, the recruiter didn't seem prepared, and got annoyed I called him to remind him. I was very well prepared, and answered confidently, but I ended up getting a rejection email since I had pissed him off. EXTREMELY unprofessional. And they talk about competing with Facebook when they have quite possibly the worst HR team in the silicon valley. Interviewing with this company is a complete waste of time. I would have most certainly rejected the offer if things went through with the phone screen.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at if(we) Tagged in February 2012.

Submitted Resume thru College Career Website. Received an email to interview over the phone. A week later I spoke with an HR greeter, then was handed off to a developer for a technical interview. It consisted of 2 logic problems and a "whats the most efficient way to code this, problem.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a 7 minute hour glass and a 11 minute hour glass how do you measure exactly 15 minutes   View Answers (5)
    It wasn't so much a negotiation, but they were extremely flexible

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at if(we) Tagged in January 2012.

I had 2 phone interviews. The first consisted of technical questions on general Linux administration which were quite easy. Based on the job description I was expecting more difficult questions, so I feel I did just fine on these. We also discussed the work environment, benefits, company growth and so on. The interviewer gave the impression of a great place to work and was easy to talk to. He scheduled another phone interview with a manager 3 days later.

The second phone interview was a different story. After a couple throwaway textbook questions like, what would be your ideal job, what do you want to do in 5 years, he asked two of the dumbest questions I've ever encountered--

What is the Internet?
    What is a server?

OK, so I have 15 years sysadmin experience. Why would anyone ask broad, meaningless questions like this? I was thinking how dubious it sounded but I usually trust that people are asking sincere questions so I proceed to answer honestly, describing the various components that make up the Internet, the services, features, IP network, IP routing, etc. Then the same for the server question, describing the hardware, software, services, i/o, etc. Throughout this he remained silent, giving no feedback, barely any dialogue. It felt very one-sided and awkward. Then suddenly he said, OK that's all I have for now, bye!

Yeah, what a jerk.

It's as if he just wanted to make me squirm rather than have an honest conversation about specific, relevant topics.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Internet?   View Answer
    • What is a server?   View Answer
    • How do you get a list of users on a Linux system?   View Answer
    • How do you show your current directory in Linux?   View Answer
    • How do you set the permissions of a file so the owner has read/write and all others have read-only access?   View Answers (2)