iiNet

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iiNet in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied with recommendation from a friend who worked there. Online application is pretty standard, email resume and cover letter.

After a brief phone interview with HR you are invited to complete some online assessments (very straightforward).

Next round: two hour "Selection event" group interview. Office tour and interview.

Interview Question – "Sell me...this product"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at iiNet.

Interview Details – For this position, because people quit all the time because customer service is a terrible job and because they do a bad job in keeping people happy they will hire almost anybody as long as you are not glaringly grotesque in your behaviour.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no negotiations, it is a set salary and a negotiation is frowned upon and immediately refused.

Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at iiNet in August 2010.

Interview Details – In comparison to many other IT companies, the HR department takes a long time to get back to you. From the application point, you are invited to an interview at their Perth office.

The HR representative I met with was very nice & made the whole interview process a lot less daunting. In the interview will also be a member of the Customer Service Management Team (Customer Service Manager/Call Centre Manager) which is awesome for if you have questions relating to the work you're getting in to.

Once you complete your interview, you're then asked to complete a "competency" quiz I guess you could call it. It relates to grammar/spelling, a typing speed test, IT competency test & a scenarios/basic psychometric assessment (very basic). This is all done from the comfort of your own home - they send you a link by email for you to complete the test.

After that, if successful you'll be given a start date for your 2 week (may have changed now) induction training.

Interview Question – To me the most difficult question was the more personal ones (ie - what 5 words would your friends use to describe you). If you're good at tooting your own horn, you won't have a problem with those ones. The questions are generally "how would you handle situation" or "give me an example of where you've had to X" - differing depending on your role / experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – iiNet do not offer the opportunity to negotiate. You're given a set starting salary of $37,000, which increases every 6 months by $500 as well as an extra $500-$1,500 for each new 'skill' you learn (ie another new department in the call centre)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Melbourne (Australia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at iiNet in November 2012.

Interview Details – Website application
Phone interview
Online testing
Face to face interview

Interview Question – Customer calls up about having no Internet connection, what do you do to fix it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered the job, didn't say pay rate at all.

Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at iiNet in May 2009.

Interview Details – The first phase was phone interview after which I was called for skill test and an intreview. Skill test consisted of typing speed, Grammer and spelling. Interview was non technical.

Interview Question – How will you explain a technical term to a non-technical person.   Answer Question

Worked for iiNet? Contribute to the Community!