ikaSystems

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.4

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ikaSystems.

Interview process was not very hectic. Phone screen was good and elaborate. Face to face interview was technical and not very long. People from different teams were in the panel. Each session was 1 hr. There was a good dialogue between myself and the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was good and not very long

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems in June 2014.

I participated in a 30-minute telephone interview where the hiring manager described a difficult personnel issue where the incumbent PM was insufficient in fulfilling their duties and needed to be replace with someone with more customer-facing and diplomatic experience because their internal processes had broken down to the point where they were unable to produce software releases without major delays and quality issues. Within a week I was told by the third party recruiting firm (Starpoint; do not trust them!) that the hiring manager had decided to hire me for a contract-to-perm position and the paperwork was being processed.

Three weeks later and after two confirmations by Starpoint, I still had not received written confirmation from the hiring manager. It turns out that they had hired a person for the position but they had left after a week because the commute was too much and they wanted now to fast-track me into the position; they scheduled me for a one-hour F2F meeting they called an "interview", despite my being assured that I already had the job. It had been four weeks since the first "you are hired!" message. The hiring manager and another senior manager (who had only been there two weeks) met with me; the organization was described to me as a completely ad hoc environment (CMMI Level Zero), most of the desks were empty and a high turnover rate kept them from building any type of quality assurance protocols. It was at that time I decided that ikaSystems was not the kind of place I wanted to work. Starpoint as the recruiter failed to get confirmation/commitment from them and kept me hanging for a whole month and the lead recruiter would often keep me hanging for days (because of personal business) when an immediate turnaround of communications & decisions was called for. It definitely seemed like a part-time job for the recruiter and communications definitely suffered for it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging questions, but I was asked how I have worked to bring disparate working groups with conflicting interests to work cohesively together.   View Answer

The organization is struggling with high turnover, poor quality and no commitment to a formal quality improvement program and appears to be chasing their tails on a closed course, with no problems, plans or escape from this vicious circle being identified or defined, so no hope of resolution was in sight. Plus, their was no insight!

Technical Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems.

Phone screen and then 3 rounds of interviews.
    1 Phone interview
    3 face to face interviews 1 technical in nature.
    Went ok, could have been imporved by combining the 3 face to face interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Process was not very professional it was basically a popularity contest. If the interviewer liked you, you got to the next step.

Interview Questions
    • If the interviewer did not like you, the questions were very technical.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

I had a phone screening,face to face was taken by 3 people, was given offer in the same week

I could have asked for more money, the hr gave me more than I had asked for based on my qualifications.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems.

screening interview, Telephonic and skype

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a client for which a product was developed and something was missed during implementation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems.

One interview. Very to the point and no wasting anyones time. Met with a co-worker, senior BA and the VP of Production Support. All very nice people, very honest about the job and expectations. Everything they said ended up being true and no surprises.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ikaSystems in April 2010.

Hiring and interview process included telephonic and then f2f , interview is not too tough

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ikaSystems in July 2011.

I got the offer but later came to know that position got filled internally

Software Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems in March 2011.

What a lousy experience it was. What kind of recruiter starts of with a question like this - So whats going on with your current company, are they having layoffs? Layoffs is not the first reason why people are looking for a change.

Two times, phone interview is scheduled, and they forgot to call me. Excuse given was, oh sorry the interviewer and the recruiter both forgot to put on their calendars. Wow.. how much they value the time of their potential future employees.