ikaSystems

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems in June 2014.

I participated in a 30-minute telephone interview where the hiring manager described a difficult personnel issue where the incumbent PM was insufficient in fulfilling their duties and needed to be replace with someone with more customer-facing and diplomatic experience because their internal processes had broken down to the point where they were unable to produce software releases without major delays and quality issues. Within a week I was told by the third party recruiting firm (Starpoint; do not trust them!) that the hiring manager had decided to hire me for a contract-to-perm position and the paperwork was being processed.

Three weeks later and after two confirmations by Starpoint, I still had not received written confirmation from the hiring manager. It turns out that they had hired a person for the position but they had left after a week because the commute was too much and they wanted now to fast-track me into the position; they scheduled me for a one-hour F2F meeting they called an "interview", despite my being assured that I already had the job. It had been four weeks since the first "you are hired!" message. The hiring manager and another senior manager (who had only been there two weeks) met with me; the organization was described to me as a completely ad hoc environment (CMMI Level Zero), most of the desks were empty and a high turnover rate kept them from building any type of quality assurance protocols. It was at that time I decided that ikaSystems was not the kind of place I wanted to work. Starpoint as the recruiter failed to get confirmation/commitment from them and kept me hanging for a whole month and the lead recruiter would often keep me hanging for days (because of personal business) when an immediate turnaround of communications & decisions was called for. It definitely seemed like a part-time job for the recruiter and communications definitely suffered for it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no challenging questions, but I was asked how I have worked to bring disparate working groups with conflicting interests to work cohesively together.   View Answer

The organization is struggling with high turnover, poor quality and no commitment to a formal quality improvement program and appears to be chasing their tails on a closed course, with no problems, plans or escape from this vicious circle being identified or defined, so no hope of resolution was in sight. Plus, their was no insight!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ikaSystems.

One interview. Very to the point and no wasting anyones time. Met with a co-worker, senior BA and the VP of Production Support. All very nice people, very honest about the job and expectations. Everything they said ended up being true and no surprises.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ikaSystems in April 2010.

Hiring and interview process included telephonic and then f2f , interview is not too tough