inVentiv Health

www.inventivhealth.com

inVentiv Health Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – found position online, submitted resume, personality assessment, telephone interview, face-to-face panel interview, offer. Contact from resume submission within 3 business days. First phone interview was informal to review simple questions and assess personality.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult sale? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial Phone interview set up. 25 minute call, standard resume review, STAR behavioral format. Next step for me was a phone call from HR advising I was a finalist for a new territory and 2nd interview would be in person in Atlanta. Company paid to fly me up. Interview was with Regional MGR and NSD, both 1:1.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard. None too difficult.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview Details – Interview was up to the hiring manager. Not a formula, just off the cuff. Easy interview.

Interview Question – What would be your ideal amount of money to earn.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted offered amount, but manager increased base at offer letter.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied in-person and interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview Details – Very quick, attended Job Fair and Was then asked for an interview

Interview Question – Who is your hero?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview Details – Phone, in person with a district manager and the 2 final candidates will be forwarded to the regional manager or national business director.

Interview Question – Multitude of sales technique questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Usual

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

I applied through other source and interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview Details – Face to Face Interview with two Managers

Interview Question – Who has challenged you the most in your career?   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2012.

Interview Details – Be positive, open for travel

Interview Question – What characteristics and challenges will affect your most   Answer Question

Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the recruiter that was very detailed probably taking an hour or more. Many questions from experience to personality questions. After meeting minimum qualifications that the contract required by the other Pharmaceutical company, then face to face interview was set up. The face to face was set up within 2 hours driving from my home. The interviewing manager is a really great man with a lot of pharmaceutical sales experience. Again, detailed questions on experience and personality, along with sales simulation.

Interview Question – Sales simulation for product planned to be sold?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating, salary is set. I believe the salary is fair and competitive with other contract companies.

Somerset, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at inVentiv Health in July 2010.

Interview Details – Must bring in a brag book/portfolio of acheivements. Then you will present the brag book to the interviewer. It is best to hold it and present as if it was a detail aid. Then you will be asked a couple of standard easy to b.s questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have made a mistake in the work place, and how you went about fixing your mistake.   Answer Question
  • Tell me an example of a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question
  • Tell me a little bit about the products you would be selling with us. (They will send you and email with the products you sell, study them it will make you look like a stud.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No wiggle room. These are contract positions so there is set amounts of money.

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2011.

Interview Details – i had a phone interview and the recruiter decided to move me forward. I am having another interview in Chicago next week. The position is in Central Florida , but says 100% travel in the SE .Alabama down, Traveling doesn't bother me Im excited, but why would they pay expenses if they could find someone closer in the territory. Do you really travel 100% of the time?

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – What is the "right" answer when asked. I saw the average salary is $49-56k

Worked for inVentiv Health? Contribute to the Community!