inVentiv Health Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014

3.1

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in June 2014.

found position online, submitted resume, personality assessment, telephone interview, face-to-face panel interview, offer. Contact from resume submission within 3 business days. First phone interview was informal to review simple questions and assess personality.

Interview Questions
  • What was your most difficult sale? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for inVentiv Health

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2014.

Initial Phone interview set up. 25 minute call, standard resume review, STAR behavioral format. Next step for me was a phone call from HR advising I was a finalist for a new territory and 2nd interview would be in person in Atlanta. Company paid to fly me up. Interview was with Regional MGR and NSD, both 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard. None too difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Interview was up to the hiring manager. Not a formula, just off the cuff. Easy interview.

Interview Questions
    Accepted offered amount, but manager increased base at offer letter.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Very quick, attended Job Fair and Was then asked for an interview

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Phone, in person with a district manager and the 2 final candidates will be forwarded to the regional manager or national business director.

Interview Questions
    • Multitude of sales technique questions.   View Answer
    Usual

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at inVentiv Health.

Face to Face Interview with two Managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2012.

Be positive, open for travel

Interview Questions
    • What characteristics and challenges will affect your most   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at inVentiv Health in August 2010.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter that was very detailed probably taking an hour or more. Many questions from experience to personality questions. After meeting minimum qualifications that the contract required by the other Pharmaceutical company, then face to face interview was set up. The face to face was set up within 2 hours driving from my home. The interviewing manager is a really great man with a lot of pharmaceutical sales experience. Again, detailed questions on experience and personality, along with sales simulation.

Interview Questions
    • Sales simulation for product planned to be sold?   View Answer
    There was no negotiating, salary is set. I believe the salary is fair and competitive with other contract companies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at inVentiv Health in July 2010.

Must bring in a brag book/portfolio of acheivements. Then you will present the brag book to the interviewer. It is best to hold it and present as if it was a detail aid. Then you will be asked a couple of standard easy to b.s questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have made a mistake in the work place, and how you went about fixing your mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me an example of a time when you used teamwork in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about the products you would be selling with us. (They will send you and email with the products you sell, study them it will make you look like a stud.   Answer Question
    No wiggle room. These are contract positions so there is set amounts of money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at inVentiv Health in May 2011.

i had a phone interview and the recruiter decided to move me forward. I am having another interview in Chicago next week. The position is in Central Florida , but says 100% travel in the SE .Alabama down, Traveling doesn't bother me Im excited, but why would they pay expenses if they could find someone closer in the territory. Do you really travel 100% of the time?

What is the "right" answer when asked. I saw the average salary is $49-56k

Worked for inVentiv Health? Contribute to the Community!