innoPath Interview Questions

3.4

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at innoPath.

Interview

They were too pleased with my background to really ask anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave what I asked for.

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter first via telephone. This was followed up with SME telephone interview. Thereafter I was brought in on two seperate ocassions for a combination of 1:1 interviews & group interview sessions. The most challenging interviews were with the hiring VP and the CEO. The CEO (to date) interviews all perspective candidates.

Interview Questions

• Designing a new interface real time from a concept conversation.   1 Answer
    • What would you do differently with this UI if you had more time to work on it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very honest up front with the first recruiter telephone call. After finalize the interviews HR revisited the question and I answered with consistency relative to the first amount I gave them. I had to be flexible and they were honest with that up front.

Advice - be honest and don't beat around the bush.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

in phone interview, director asked questions on issues in designing large scale high volume systems.

In on-site interview it was 6 people including VP of engineering. They asked questions varying from web services to hibernate to logical to hardest challenges faced/solved.

Interview Questions

• there are 2 ropes. Each takes 1 hour to totally burn off. But you cant say that half rope burns in 30 min. It is of irregular thickness. Using these 2 ropes how do you measure 45 minutes.   2 Answers
    • explain the biggest issue faced and how you solved it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at innoPath (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with a engineer. Talked more for the recent project , design pattern, how todesign web system, vistor design pattern, etc

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

InnoPath seems to follow the pattern of sequential gatekeepers, i.e. the next-higher person will be "in a meeting" if you haven't passed the current level successfully. On the other hand, the process isn't reaally as organized as it might be, and the next person may actually be unavailable--in which a return visit will be needed. There's more emphasis on being able to understand and explain ideas and decision processes than on proving that your experience is identical to the "ideal candidate" profile someone has envisioned, and "overqualified" won't be a problem. Do expect the initial interview to contain some tough technical questions, but don't expect that you should be able to answer all of them authoritatively.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between SQL inner and outer joins (asked of a non-specialist in databases).   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well and was brought in for 1:1 interview with 4 other Engineers.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the process ID in Unix?   1 Answer
    • How to you monitor the CPU usage in Unix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little wiggle room

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at innoPath (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview was short. They asked questions about my previous work, concurrency, scalability and transactions.

Interview Questions

• What are the problems encountered when working with a large system?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at innoPath in March 2011.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with basic questions on past experience. Onsite interview with about 5 back to back interviews. Inteviews went generally well. Most of the people were nice except for one guy who had a mocking attitude. He was so anal about getting the syntax right and was also rude. Overall it was decent but that one guy messed things up. Not the best place to work by anystandards. Inteviews had a lot of whiteboarding. People generally were nice but the technology didnt seem interesting.

Interview Questions

• Questions on mem management, copy constructors, linkedlists, android architecture, virtual functions, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at innoPath in December 2010.

Interview

compare with other companies I interviewed and received job offers like Yahoo, VMWare, eBay.. the engineer of innoath who did the phonescreen with me was rude, arrogant, and had a strong indian accent, which made me very hard to understand his questions, for example when he asked me what's Java Comparable interface, which sounds like Compatible interface. I feel like it's a totally waste of time given their discourtesy.