Investment Banking & Asset Management interview questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

Trader at Jane Street

Dec 15, 2011

“Let's play a game - I give you a 12 sided die and will pay you whatever the die lands on. If you are unhappy with the roll, you can choose to roll another two 6-sided dice and I wil pay you the sum...”

“What is the expected value of rolling two dice?”

“Say I take a rubber band and randomly cut it into three pieces. What's the probability that one of the pieces has length greater than 1/2 of the original circumference of the rubber band.”

“You have 2 decks of cards (each deck contains both red and black cards). One deck has twice the number of cards in the other deck with the same color ration (so one deck has 52 cards and the other...”

“What is the square root of .01?”

“10 lightbulbs in a row, on or off, no two adjacent lightbulbs can be on. how many combinations can we have? you may use a piece of paper”

“10 ropes with red and blue end. red end can only connect blue end. what is the expected value of cycles?”

“3) Poker. 26 red, 26 black. Take one every time, you can choose to guess whether it’s red. You have only one chance. If you are right, you get 1 dollar. What’s the strategy? And what’s the expected...”

“Coin Triplets Problem Denote H for head, T for tail in a coin flip. Flip a fair coin many times until either a pattern of HHT or HTT occurs. What's the probability that HHT occurs before HTT...”

“What is the last digit in the solution to 3^33?”

2130 of 20,239 Interview Questions