j2 Global

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.8

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Met with the managing director. Very thorough and asked a lot of questions. Many questions pertained to what you specifically learn. Also he asked about excel and how to use all of its functions. Make sure to know your facts about the company and specifically what the role is asking for

Interview Questions
    • What classes in school did you take that are most relevant to the position?   Answer Question

Oracle Ebs Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at j2 Global in April 2014.

HR initially called me for a screening interview. Subsequently, the hiring manager set up a phone interview. After the interview, the hr person called and said they wanted hire me but they would like me to see in person before they make an offer. I was in Minneapolis at that time. Since, the hr sounded like it is a done deal, a flew to LA. There they conducted two more rounds of interview with hiring manager and the director. The director praised my attitude. HR let me know the next week that they want to bring me on board but want me to start last week of May (the initial rounds of interview was last week of April). 3rd week of may HR called and said it will be first week of June. Then, in June they he calls again and tells me that the hiring manager is going to India and she will back in July and they wants me to start then. At that point, i told them that i was looking for other positions since i dont have any trust in their words anymore. Then, on first week of July the hr person called me again and said that they want to bring me on board if I am still available and willing. The next week he calls again and says, he talked to the hiring manager and she wants a senior person in my role. So, anyone who is planning to interview for these people, please be aware.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were straight forward, the two with hiring manager was more technical and the one with director was more behavioral.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied online – interviewed at j2 Global.

Phone interview with HR, then was called into main office for in-person interview. Brief intro interview with HR again, then 3 person panel interview. Complete waste of time. Typical work background questions while picking out things off your resume. Very rude and in-attentive interview conductor made for complete loss of interest in working for this company.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to install/uninstall software programs? (yup, this lame joke-of-a-manager lady actually asked me this)   Answer Question

IT Interview

It. Not simple very detailed interview questions

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at j2 Global in February 2013.

Communication and planning for the interview was great. It was done via telephone and e-mail. The workplace for this particular job, was small and housed around 10-40 employees. Overall the interview went well. Everyone in the workplace exhibited good manners. There were many cliched interview questions asked and there was a good question or two as well. The most difficult part was answering the technical questions correctly.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at j2 Global in July 2010.

good nice people in the HR department... no fear

Interview Questions
    • i did not incounter any questions that I couldn't answer   Answer Question
    none

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at j2 Global.

Applied for a job with J2 Global as a PM for a position based in Dublin. Received a phone call that evening, eventually reached the recruiter the following evening which went from 10 minutes to 25 minutes of a phone interview with no warning, or even checking that I was free to do an interview.

Advised that there was not likely to be any opportunity to progress within the company and work at other sites. Requirement to regularly stay late for calls with the US (not a problem until I read on Glassdoor that they don't start till 930am LA time!).

Perks were pretty low - 3% contributory pension match, and a bonus awarded solely on individuals performance, not that of the company - and was based on managers discretion

I reviewed the company after the interview and mailed back to withdraw my application based on what I read.

Interview Questions
    • Questioning was not difficult or unexpected as it was a first round phone interview   Answer Question

I declined to attend a face to face interview based on what I read about the company structure, culture and the benefits that were on offer.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at j2 Global in November 2011.

Got a great inital impression of a fast-paced, progressive company culture. Met with some higher level European-based colleagues.

Interview Questions
    • mainly about my area of expertise and previous campaigns.   Answer Question