j2 Global

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
West Hollywood, CA

I applied online and interviewed at j2 Global.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, then was called into main office for in-person interview. Brief intro interview with HR again, then 3 person panel interview. Complete waste of time. Typical work background questions while picking out things off your resume. Very rude and in-attentive interview conductor made for complete loss of interest in working for this company.

Interview Question – Do you know how to install/uninstall software programs? (yup, this lame joke-of-a-manager lady actually asked me this)   Answer Question

IT Interview

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
West Hollywood, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at j2 Global in July 2010.

Interview Details – good nice people in the HR department... no fear

Interview Question – i did not incounter any questions that I couldn't answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at j2 Global in February 2013.

Interview Details – Communication and planning for the interview was great. It was done via telephone and e-mail. The workplace for this particular job, was small and housed around 10-40 employees. Overall the interview went well. Everyone in the workplace exhibited good manners. There were many cliched interview questions asked and there was a good question or two as well. The most difficult part was answering the technical questions correctly.

Interview Questions

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at j2 Global.

Interview Details – Applied for a job with J2 Global as a PM for a position based in Dublin. Received a phone call that evening, eventually reached the recruiter the following evening which went from 10 minutes to 25 minutes of a phone interview with no warning, or even checking that I was free to do an interview.

Advised that there was not likely to be any opportunity to progress within the company and work at other sites. Requirement to regularly stay late for calls with the US (not a problem until I read on Glassdoor that they don't start till 930am LA time!).

Perks were pretty low - 3% contributory pension match, and a bonus awarded solely on individuals performance, not that of the company - and was based on managers discretion

I reviewed the company after the interview and mailed back to withdraw my application based on what I read.

Interview Question – Questioning was not difficult or unexpected as it was a first round phone interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined to attend a face to face interview based on what I read about the company structure, culture and the benefits that were on offer.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at j2 Global in November 2011.

Interview Details – Got a great inital impression of a fast-paced, progressive company culture. Met with some higher level European-based colleagues.

Interview Question – mainly about my area of expertise and previous campaigns.   Answer Question

Worked for j2 Global? Contribute to the Community!