kCura

25 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Position Interview

Interviewed at kCura

Interview Details – I cant understand why they have a 5 hour process for the interview.

Interview Question – Technical question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview Details – 3 step
architecture question
database question
simple reverse string algorithm

Account Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kCura in February 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. The face-to-face was 4 hours long with 9 different people. I was a bit unimpressed with the caliber of people I met during my face-to-face interview. Many of them were dressed inappropriately (disheveled, looked like they just rolled out of bed, etc.). The management representatives I met with were quite arrogant, which is the feel I got for the culture of this entire company. One manager specifically was completely un-engaged and made it clear they were not interested in being present in the interview. When I got the note from HR letting me know I had not been chosen, they were reluctant to provide me critical feedback regarding why I was passed up for the position. After that final 4 hour time investment on my side, I would have hoped for more professional and thorough follow up.

Interview Question – I was asked essentially the same questions repeatedly, there was nothing creative or unexpected. They asked 4 to 5 follow up questions for every answer I gave which was a bit challenging.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

STC Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kCura.

Interview Details – I applied on the website, I was emailed three weeks later and had a phone interview scheduled for that same week. The next week they wanted to interview me and two days after the interview I called and offered the job. They gave me exactly what I wanted for salary and the following monday was the first day of work.

Interview Question – The face to face interviews were pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one.

Applications Specialist I Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at kCura in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly one-on-one or one-on-two with other employees in the Client Services department. There were questions about my previous work experience, but since I was fresh out of college, they mostly revolved around my critical thinking skills and ability to provide great customer service. This interview was over three years ago, so the format has changed considerably.

Interview Question – One interviewer focused a lot on how my education had little to do with the career I was trying to go into. It was nerve-wracking, but absolutely a good route to take in order to find out if I was actually serious in this job being long-term.   View Answer

Director Technical Support Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at kCura.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me and was all about his purpose,the call seemed so unprofessional! Simply asking What he wanted to know and once he knew - he might as well hanged up. I hope he was just having a bad day or something,one of the worse experiences ever.

Interview Question – waste of time - get recruiters that know what they are doing   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interviewed at kCura

Interview Details – Unstructured interviews where junior people performed the interviews reading questions from a piece of paper. The mentality of those that performed the interview were zealots of the company, which did not align with my professional and personal demeanor

Interview Question – Awkward questions regarding work life balance needs   Answer Question

Channel Sales Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kCura in January 2011.

Interview Details – Their interview process is really unusual. They tag team you, groups of two at a time and it seems like they follow a script around their core values. For a sales job, nobody really cared about my numbers which was surprising. They just asked me about values. They were clearly looking for a cultural fit instead of any particular experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed to communicate effectively and what were the consequences of that? What did you learn from that?   View Answer
  • Have you made a lot of friends at previous jobs? Are they still your friends today?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Channel sales isn't commission based. There is no negotiation on salary. Everybody seems to make the same. I took the job because I liked the stability. I can't see a hard core hunter type wanting to be here or fitting in once he is here.

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at kCura.

Interview Details – 3 rounds onsite directly. No phone rounds !
1st round : behavioral questions-> whats your best accomplishment till now.
why Kcura. say your answer in terms of core values. Kcura is proud of core values which I like the mst.
describe each of your projects
2nd round: Technical
1. write a function which would caluculate the time taken for a car provided distance and speed. extend it to sports model and others (speed changes here)
2. teacher and student databases design. and one sql query, depends on ur desing
3. string reversal.- recursive
3rd round:
what do you expect in your job?

I dint hear back from them while posting this.

Software Developer Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at kCura in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled in the morning. However, I noticed there were interviews scheduled all through out the day and for a whole bunch of candidates.

There were 2 people to take the interview, one of them was technical person from their development team. The employees looked relaxed and were dressed casually.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty simple. After the 'introduce yourself', I was asked to write a simple code to describe square and find its area. Later extend the same code to describe a triangle.

3rd question was about word repetition count in a para.

4th question was about creating tables for a Hospital database. Just doctor and patient tables.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at kCura

Worked for kCura? Contribute to the Community!

kCura Videos

kCura – Why Work for Us?

We have a Midwestern, grassroots, friendly vibe—made business and technology geeks who really love what we do, and we think that makes kCura a great place to be. We look for new team members that always put our users… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at kCura interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by kCura employees and interview candidates.