kCura Marketing Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at kCura in May 2012.

I first applied in late February using an online application that consisted of a series of questions and creative writing essays. I contacted the company in late March when I hadn´t heard from them and was connected to the HR contact for the position. Since we hit it off on the phone, she gave me a phone interview later that week and arranged the subsequent phone interview with the hiring manager. I had another phone interview followed series of essays to write before they flew me out to meet the team in mid-April. I had an intense 3.5 hour interview with the entire team which focused on how I met the company´s core values and how I got along with the team members. One of the team members wasn´t in the office that day so I had a phone interview with him when I returned home later that week. Finally, I was requested to give an online demonstration of the product. There were some IT issues on their end which cut my preparation time in half, but I managed to give a strong presentation anyway. I received my offer two days later and happily signed.

Although the process was very long, I was happy the company took the time to ensure that there would a be good fit on both sides. After our initial conversation, my HR contact was great about maintaining timely contact and keeping me in the loop for each stage of the process. Since my role is writing-based, the writing portions were a welcome opportunity to showcase my skills.

Interview Questions
  • What were you thinking when you selected the font on your resume?   View Answer
  • What are examples of marketing that you felt worked? What examples of marketing campaigns did you feel were ineffective?   View Answer
  • What does humility mean to you?   View Answer
I was able to negotiate $1k more than the initial offered salary by offering a range, but didn´t ask for an increase since the benefits package is very strong.