kate spade Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
33 interviews

2.2

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at kate spade in August 2014.

I applied online, and went into the store to meet the store manager personally. She immediately set up a date for an interview within a few minutes.
    During my interview she took me to the Starbucks in the mall and bought me a coffee. Our conversations were pleasant and amicable. A typical retail interview about experience, coaching, opportunities, etc. My interview lasted an hour.
    After the interview she told me she was following up with the district manager, who was new to the area and her position. She was supposed to meet her in three days. By chance, four days later, I happened to run into the store manager in the parking lot and chatted with her. The DM never showed up and she's still waiting to hear from her. Another week and a half goes by. As I worked in the mall already, I went in the store to follow up again. Once again I got told she's waiting for the DM to respond. Five more days go by and the SM calls me saying that they were moving forward with second interviews for two candidates: one internal, and one external with a lot of store manager experience.
    I just found the whole experience to be frustrating. Retail hiring processes tend to move a little faster and I don't understand why I wasn't given the thanks but no thanks earlier considering I obviously did not have a chance (I have no SM experience).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary for retail management interviews.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at kate spade.

I walked in to shop and asked if they were hiring after I saw the layout, color and organization of the store. After asking if they were hiring, I met the manager who told me to send over my resume. The next day, I had an interview and it was very relaxed over some coffee at a Starbucks.

Interview Questions
    • I already had retail experience so I wasn't really thrown by any question. You just have to remember to be yourself because that's who you're going to be on the sales floor.   Answer Question
    After a year, I was able to negotiate a better salary, but there was also a a change of manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at kate spade in June 2014.

I got a refer from others and had in person interview with the store manager .it was a very easy interview, some basic questions: what do you think of kate spade? do you have some related experience? what is you strength and weakness

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at kate spade.

Meeting outside of a coffee shop, very loud and not private environment. Small group interview. Some questions were hard to answer and contradicting, maybe they were trying to ask questions that would make yourself sound bad?

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most inspiring aspect of the brand kate spade   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at kate spade.

Applied for the Warehouse Manager position. Process took 3 days. Interviewed in June 2014. I interviewed with one person in the middle of the mall with random people walking by. Interview lasted 1 minute, after they told me the position was filled but there was a supervisor position open. It was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in a supervisor position instead>   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kate spade.

I have never interviewed with a company that is so disorganized. The store manager lost my application/resume twice, not to mention I had to interview with two different DM's because the first one disappeared after I interviewed with her which is the last step in the interview process. All together it took about a month to get a firm "no" you didn't get the job, from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • None, if you have half a brain you will run the interview. I was asked what I did in my off time and what kind of wine did I drink. Super unprofessional questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at kate spade in May 2014.

There is two interview in the hiring process.The first one was a group interview with 2 other girls and the ASM. The second interview is with the SM.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question to me was the fact the SM as what was my pervious retailer standards in their employees.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at kate spade in January 2014.

A Very short interview that I had a few minutes after I walked in and asked for the application. Just usual questions. It was professional. The assistant manager was so nice while conducting the interview, a few weeks after i got hired she started getting out of her shell. Very rude.

Interview Questions
    • It was the easiest interview ever as I worked in more challenging positions before.   Answer Question
    They never talked about the salary till I was walking out the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at kate spade.

I received an application in store, filled it out and brought back my resume. there were two in person interviews, the first with the assistant store manager (interview took place outside) and the second with the store manager (interview took place in their back room). both were one on one.

Interview Questions
    • probably one of the easiest interviews i've experienced. just went over my application and resume and asked if i knew anything about the brand. honestly, they seemed a bit desperate to hire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodstock, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodstock, GA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at kate spade in April 2014.

Submitted application. Was called in for an interview with store manager. After the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for kate spade? Contribute to the Community!