kate spade Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

Completely informative and very unprofessional as the interviewer was 20 minutes late to the call. She didn't really give any information about the job and expected the interviewee to know what she was talking about.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

Very relaxed with an assistant manager and the stock supervisor. Asked you basic questions about yourself and your work experience. They wanted to know how you handled working as a team and how productive you were in your previous positions.

Interview Questions

• How did you prioritize tasks you had to do in your previous stock position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to ask for $.50 more because of my experience. Doesn't seem like much, but for a college student it's a big difference.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

4 interviews, including wearing an outfit that reflected the kate spade style. I found out after the 3rd interview that a manager had been selected before my first interview & I had been interviewing for assistant manager all along. I drove 70 miles for three of my interviews and had a phone interview when the regional manager canceled for an in-person meeting at the last minute. at each step of the process, I was asked at the first interview to research the brand and what it stands for- at each preceding interview I was asked detailed questions about the company, the culture & the CEO. The final interview was meeting the manager and presenting my outfit and why I chose to wear it.

Interview Questions

• what does the phrase "live colorfully" mean to you?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at kate spade (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through the Kate Spade website. I got a call few weeks later for a phone interview. It was quick and just about my resume. Then I was asked to come in for a face to face interview few days after, more like asap. During the interview I was asked just to go in depth about my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your experiences and yourself. What you liked best about your experiences.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at kate spade in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in-store and was asked to come in for an interview a few days later. The managers were really nice and positive. The store seemed like a well-oiled machine, but I ultimately turned down the job for another opportunity.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at kate spade in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, took about an hour. Had an in person interview with the store manager and regional sales manager. Both of those interviews took 45 minutes, in total.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about resume as well as what kate spade could do for me as a company.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at kate spade (New York, NY).

Interview

Luckily my interviewer really liked me and wanted me to come back in a few hours so the head manager could meet me. From there she introduced me to all of management and later she called me offering me a position on the team.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

I submitted my application on line and they never called me so I stopped in the store and dropped off my resume. They called 2 weeks later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview lasted an hour and the questions were very specific to sales and running a business with no fluff questions. The next day I was asked to interview again over the phone with a training manager. That interview lasted an hour. I did not hear anything for a week so I reached out and they asked me for another phone interview with the DM. After that interview it was another week before I was offered a part time position.

Interview Questions

• What are the Key Performing Indicators? How can you motivate the team? What can you bring to the table to increase sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation

be prepared to negotiate and start on the higher end

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

I applied online about three weeks before I was emailed and asked to schedule an interview. Not a big deal since this was for a new store opening. Three days later I interviewed in a two-person interview with another applicant. I was emailed the next day offering me a position. When I emailed and asked more about the position everything was quickly answered and I accepted the position.

Store Manager for Kate Spade Outlet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at kate spade (Allen, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The DM set up interview with another Kate Outlet Store Manager. It was a screening interview and if that Store Manager likes you then she forwards you to the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have kids or a pet or am I married. Asking if I have kids is illegal. I was also asked if I was strong at visual merchandising.   1 Answer