kate spade

Relevance Date Difficulty

Warehouse Manager Interview

Warehouse Manager
Honolulu, HI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at kate spade.

Interview Details – Applied for the Warehouse Manager position. Process took 3 days. Interviewed in June 2014. I interviewed with one person in the middle of the mall with random people walking by. Interview lasted 1 minute, after they told me the position was filled but there was a supervisor position open. It was a huge waste of time.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in a supervisor position instead>   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Sales Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kate spade.

Interview Details – I have never interviewed with a company that is so disorganized. The store manager lost my application/resume twice, not to mention I had to interview with two different DM's because the first one disappeared after I interviewed with her which is the last step in the interview process. All together it took about a month to get a firm "no" you didn't get the job, from the store manager.

Interview Question – None, if you have half a brain you will run the interview. I was asked what I did in my off time and what kind of wine did I drink. Super unprofessional questions.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at kate spade in May 2014.

Interview Details – There is two interview in the hiring process.The first one was a group interview with 2 other girls and the ASM. The second interview is with the SM.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question to me was the fact the SM as what was my pervious retailer standards in their employees.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at kate spade in January 2014.

Interview Details – A Very short interview that I had a few minutes after I walked in and asked for the application. Just usual questions. It was professional. The assistant manager was so nice while conducting the interview, a few weeks after i got hired she started getting out of her shell. Very rude.

Interview Question – It was the easiest interview ever as I worked in more challenging positions before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They never talked about the salary till I was walking out the store.

Hagerstown, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at kate spade.

Interview Details – I received an application in store, filled it out and brought back my resume. there were two in person interviews, the first with the assistant store manager (interview took place outside) and the second with the store manager (interview took place in their back room). both were one on one.

Interview Question – probably one of the easiest interviews i've experienced. just went over my application and resume and asked if i knew anything about the brand. honestly, they seemed a bit desperate to hire.   Answer Question

Woodstock, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at kate spade in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application. Was called in for an interview with store manager. After the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Who is Kate Spade?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Pasadena, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at kate spade in January 2010.

Interview Details – Brief and mainly about selling skills and technique

Interview Question – How would you assist a customer that was avoiding you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations its a set hourly rate

Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Merchandising Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at kate spade in September 2012.

Interview Details – First round of interviews I met with an HR associate and two of the merchandising managers. Sound round of interviews I met with the Director of HR and the Senior VP of merchandising. All interviews were very friendly, all were very direct with saying that the position wouldn't be the most glamorous, but that it would be a great learning opportunity and stepping stone to the next merchandising position.

Interview Question – What is your favorite product on the floor?   View Answer

Visual Supervisor Interview

Visual Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at kate spade in January 2014.

Interview Details – Such an annoying let down. I originally applied for a Sales Supervisor position, but when I arrived for the interview, the assistant mgr looked at my resume, saw that I had several years of visual experience and let me know that the vis. sup. position had just opened up. She basically acted like she loved me, and actually went and got the Store Mgr to interview me right then and there. She also acted like she loved me, and practically said it was in the bag ("i think this is going to be a great fit!"). She immediately emailed my resume to the District Mgr and told me to come back in 2 days and talk to the DM. I left there feeling like I had the job.
2 days later I go in to meet the DM. Turns out she double-booked so I had to wait 30 minutes while she interviewed someone else for another position. It was ok, as I was sure I had the job. However, when I went into the office, the DM was very cold and condescending to me. She basically acted as if she didn't believe anything on my resume, and talked to me as if I was a total joke. The SM sat there in silence. The DM seemed like she was trying to ask trick questions or was trying to make me contradict myself. It was so uncomfortable and weird. I left totally disappointed, but still emailed the SM to thank her for interviewing me. 4 days later I received a short email simply stating they were moving forward with another candidate. The whole thing was incredibly annoying and the District Manager was clearly being a huge snob, which I find totally unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at kate spade in November 2013.

Interview Details – Totally waste my time!!!!! I applied online for sales lead (FULL TIME). They called me back a month after for a f2f interview. The interview when well so at the end I asked the SM about the job benefits because it was not listed on the site. She said a part-time SA doesn't get any benefit only store discounts. I thanked her and left.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself living in a colorful life?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I applied for full time but they give me part time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at kate spade

Worked for kate spade? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at kate spade interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by kate spade employees and interview candidates.