loanDepot

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Senior Mortgage Banker
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at loanDepot in September 2012.

Interview Details – I sat in an office with two production managers and a VP and signed a contract within 35 minutes. I was traveling from out of state to come to this position so the wheels were set in motion before I actually made my trip.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for LoanDepot? Why should LoanDepot hire you and not one of the 300 other applicants we have?   View Answer

Remote Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Remote Senior Mortgage Banker
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at loanDepot in June 2014.

Interview Details – Brant Horne found by networking on the LinkedIn site. He was very professional and makes a great first impression for loanDepots values and culture. He made the interviewing process very simple and easy and thank you loanDepot for this amazing opportunity.

Interview Question – No direct questions they just wanted you to tell about yourself and how you can contribute to loanDepot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay was already structured

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and in person interview. I was told I would be interviewed by one person but someone else conducted the interview. I was told I had the position in the first interview but didn't hear anything for 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Weak points   Answer Question

ACES Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

ACES Senior Mortgage Banker
Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

Interview Details – You do a simple phone interview for the 'first phase.' They then call you in for a interview in which you take a 'test' via computer. Math test, pretty much. You then have an interview with a HR rep shortly after that and five other applicants in a group setting for some reason. This was strange - I just was figuring they hired everyone so this saved them time. I passed this and figured I would have a one-on-one interview with someone so they could get to know me. Nope - the final stage is a 15 person group interview. You read that right, 15 person group interview with a member of management. I was embarrassed to be there. While I was there, I already told myself I did not want this job. They want you to be as loud and boisterious as you can. It became a brown nose fest and to see who could talk over the person next to him. It was completely unprofessional and I was just waiting for it to end. I was not offered the job because I refused to sit there and talk over everyone else to get noticed. I decided if that was what they wanted, this was not the job for me. I am so happy I did not act like they wanted and take that job. After reading the reviews it all makes sense on what they want. This company is very weird and I still can't get how weird it is out of my head!

Interview Question – If you do want his job, the most difficult thing will be trying to talk over the person next to you.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Senior Web Developer
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at loanDepot in November 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with the SVP of software development and one of his developers. Easy questions, disorganized format, lazy approach. Write some C# code to make a list of prime numbers. Diagram a proper n-tier architecture. Show how you would code an HTML layout without using tables. The dev didn't even bother to sit down and ask me about my background, just rudely threw some questions at me.

Interview Question – None. Another VP had already given me the same questions a few weeks prior in a different interview ;-)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing -- this what I want to be paid, and the gave it to me.

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Instructional Systems Designer
Lake Forest, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at loanDepot in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very professional and on time.

Interview Question – Can you work for a person like me?   Answer Question

Senior Banker Interview

Senior Banker
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at loanDepot in February 2013.

Interview Details – You first interview with 2 Sales Managers, then meet with Branch VP.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult internet customers?   Answer Question

Junior Mortgage Banker Interview

Junior Mortgage Banker
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview Details – I replied to a Craigslist advertisement and was contacted via phone about 1-2 weeks later. I had an initial phone conversation with a recruiter, who pre-screened me for the position and scheduled an in-person interview for me at the office in Foothill Ranch. Prior to the in-person interview, I completed something called the Predictive Index Survey, which was essentially a personality test, and I filled out an online application that required me to list three employment references and give information about my previous education and work experience. When I arrived at the office on the day of my interview, I was told that I needed to take something called the Wonderlic Test, a 50-question test that needed to be completed in 12 minutes. On the test, there were questions pertaining to vocabulary words, spatial analysis, and arithmetic, and I was told not to use a calculator. Honestly, I was completely caught off guard when I heard that I needed to take this test, and I probably didn't perform as well as I could have on the test given my lack of preparation. Also, I don't completely understand how knowing the meaning of a word like "chide" is relevant to working in the mortgage industry, but that's another story. When I was done with my test, I met with two assistant managers in a separate building. They asked me a slew of questions, some of which seemed irrelevant to the position I was applying for. For example, I was asked what my hobbies/interests are and what I do on an average Friday night. I was tempted to say, "That's none of your business," but I just rolled with the punches and answered the questions as best I could. The two assistant managers apparently liked me well enough to leave the room and bring in the manager, who had a one-on-one interview with me and asked me a lot of the same questions that the assistant managers had asked me. It seemed like a waste of time to have her in the room by herself asking me a lot of the same questions that the assistant managers had asked me, and I don't know why they weren't all in the room together in the first place. Anyway, at the conclusion of the interview, the manager gave me a cheesy smile and told me that the recruiter would probably call me the next day. I received an email two days later saying that I hadn't been offered the position, which didn't surprise me because I hadn't received a phone call the previous day. All in all, this hiring process seems unnecessarily convoluted for a position with a starting wage of $12.50/hour. I worked at another mortgage company in the past for a higher wage than that, and the hiring process there wasn't nearly as convoluted.

Interview Question – "What is your dream job?"   View Answer

Was In Manager Role In Mortgage Sales Interview

Was In Manager Role In Mortgage Sales
Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online through LinkedIn, I was called back right away from the recruiting department. They were very friendly and professional. I was offered a job within the next week.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Senior Mortgage Banker

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at loanDepot.

Interview Details – Friend referred me, filled out app online, brought in my resume. Had to have some experience, seems like 6 months or more is their preference. Before the interview I had to take a Wonderlic test and a personality test. Then had a video interview with a higher up manager. Hired and went to a very fun week of training.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness, and what is your biggest strength   Answer Question

Worked for loanDepot? Contribute to the Community!