loanDepot

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.5

Junior Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

I was first introduced to them by attending a career fair at my school and chatting quickly with them. A recruiter named Kirstie contacted me about a month or two later about the junior mortgage banker position. She briefed me on the position and then we scheduled a time for me to come in. Before coming in I had to complete a few questionnaires asking me questions about my personality, etc. Day of, I'm asked to complete this computer questionnaire asking me random questions dealing with simple math and word comprehension. I was supposed to have 2 interviews, but only had one. The questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Kirstie later called me to meet with one of the hiring managers that I was supposed to meet the other day so we did that. The hiring manager asked me most of the same questions. They were a little disorganized in that they had me confused with another candidate and had printed out their resume instead of mines. After that I never heard back from them again. No rejection or offer call, which I thought was a bit strange. But at that point I was no longer interested in the position.

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at loanDepot in March 2014.

They paint how great it is.. You will go through 2 interviews minimum. Tell you everyone is making money.. They ask you to bring in pay stubs and w2s but don't show you the real numbers on how everyone is doing on the floor

No negotiation

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at loanDepot in September 2012.

I sat in an office with two production managers and a VP and signed a contract within 35 minutes. I was traveling from out of state to come to this position so the wheels were set in motion before I actually made my trip.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a good fit for LoanDepot? Why should LoanDepot hire you and not one of the 300 other applicants we have?   View Answer

Remote Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at loanDepot in June 2014.

Brant Horne found by networking on the LinkedIn site. He was very professional and makes a great first impression for loanDepots values and culture. He made the interviewing process very simple and easy and thank you loanDepot for this amazing opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • No direct questions they just wanted you to tell about yourself and how you can contribute to loanDepot   Answer Question
    Pay was already structured

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

Had a phone interview and in person interview. I was told I would be interviewed by one person but someone else conducted the interview. I was told I had the position in the first interview but didn't hear anything for 3 weeks.

ACES Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

You do a simple phone interview for the 'first phase.' They then call you in for a interview in which you take a 'test' via computer. Math test, pretty much. You then have an interview with a HR rep shortly after that and five other applicants in a group setting for some reason. This was strange - I just was figuring they hired everyone so this saved them time. I passed this and figured I would have a one-on-one interview with someone so they could get to know me. Nope - the final stage is a 15 person group interview. You read that right, 15 person group interview with a member of management. I was embarrassed to be there. While I was there, I already told myself I did not want this job. They want you to be as loud and boisterious as you can. It became a brown nose fest and to see who could talk over the person next to him. It was completely unprofessional and I was just waiting for it to end. I was not offered the job because I refused to sit there and talk over everyone else to get noticed. I decided if that was what they wanted, this was not the job for me. I am so happy I did not act like they wanted and take that job. After reading the reviews it all makes sense on what they want. This company is very weird and I still can't get how weird it is out of my head!

Interview Questions
    • If you do want his job, the most difficult thing will be trying to talk over the person next to you.   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at loanDepot in November 2013.

One interview with the SVP of software development and one of his developers. Easy questions, disorganized format, lazy approach. Write some C# code to make a list of prime numbers. Diagram a proper n-tier architecture. Show how you would code an HTML layout without using tables. The dev didn't even bother to sit down and ask me about my background, just rudely threw some questions at me.

Interview Questions
    • None. Another VP had already given me the same questions a few weeks prior in a different interview ;-)   Answer Question
    Nothing -- this what I want to be paid, and the gave it to me.

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at loanDepot in April 2014.

Very professional and on time.

Senior Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at loanDepot in February 2013.

You first interview with 2 Sales Managers, then meet with Branch VP.

Junior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at loanDepot.

I replied to a Craigslist advertisement and was contacted via phone about 1-2 weeks later. I had an initial phone conversation with a recruiter, who pre-screened me for the position and scheduled an in-person interview for me at the office in Foothill Ranch. Prior to the in-person interview, I completed something called the Predictive Index Survey, which was essentially a personality test, and I filled out an online application that required me to list three employment references and give information about my previous education and work experience. When I arrived at the office on the day of my interview, I was told that I needed to take something called the Wonderlic Test, a 50-question test that needed to be completed in 12 minutes. On the test, there were questions pertaining to vocabulary words, spatial analysis, and arithmetic, and I was told not to use a calculator. Honestly, I was completely caught off guard when I heard that I needed to take this test, and I probably didn't perform as well as I could have on the test given my lack of preparation. Also, I don't completely understand how knowing the meaning of a word like "chide" is relevant to working in the mortgage industry, but that's another story. When I was done with my test, I met with two assistant managers in a separate building. They asked me a slew of questions, some of which seemed irrelevant to the position I was applying for. For example, I was asked what my hobbies/interests are and what I do on an average Friday night. I was tempted to say, "That's none of your business," but I just rolled with the punches and answered the questions as best I could. The two assistant managers apparently liked me well enough to leave the room and bring in the manager, who had a one-on-one interview with me and asked me a lot of the same questions that the assistant managers had asked me. It seemed like a waste of time to have her in the room by herself asking me a lot of the same questions that the assistant managers had asked me, and I don't know why they weren't all in the room together in the first place. Anyway, at the conclusion of the interview, the manager gave me a cheesy smile and told me that the recruiter would probably call me the next day. I received an email two days later saying that I hadn't been offered the position, which didn't surprise me because I hadn't received a phone call the previous day. All in all, this hiring process seems unnecessarily convoluted for a position with a starting wage of $12.50/hour. I worked at another mortgage company in the past for a higher wage than that, and the hiring process there wasn't nearly as convoluted.

Interview Questions

Worked for loanDepot? Contribute to the Community!