loanDepot Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2015

2.5

Senior Manager/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at loanDepot in February 2015.

Referred in by the hiring manager. Was asked to complete a personality assessment, fill in a short job application, and take an insultingly easy aptitude/IQ-like test while I was waiting for my first interviewer of the day (who ran more than a half hour late). Some of my scheduled interviewers never showed, and I was left sitting in an empty cubicle area while other applicants for the same job were rotated through the other interviewers' offices. Extremely unprofessional. I appreciate that I heard back later that I was not selected to move forward, but the person gave me unsolicited feedback that was insulting and hurtful, which was totally unnecessary.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions.. tell me about yourself, why you left jobs X, Y and Z, what your duties are in your current position. One interviewer basically grilled me for free consulting advice, which I found distasteful.   Answer Question

Dr of Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at loanDepot in January 2015.

It is not often you see great reviews about interviewing but this is a case worth sharing. For anyone interested in applying for a position at LoanDepot....please do! I had a WONDERFUL experience with the Director of Recruiting and the SVP of Communications. They were both professional, personable and their follow through was great. Wish more companies had recruiting standards like LoanDepot.

Interview Questions
    • I feel fortunate because my questions were targeted towards my experience and were easy to answer.   View Answer

Licensing Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at loanDepot in December 2014.

The interview was a great experience. I was excited from the start. I was contacted directly from Kirstie Calvillo who stated they liked what they saw from my LinkedIn account. I then had an interview setup with Peter Macdonald, Melissa Koupal, Jennifer Stream-Salas, Sofia Barker-Aguilar in the licensing department and it was a great experience. I got along with every one of them and it was honestly the first time ever in my working life that I felt right at home which drove me to want the job right then and there. Peter Macdonald, Melissa Koupal are very intelligent individuals and I admired that so much and I continued talking with Jennifer Stream-Salas and Sofia Barker-Aguilar for a over a month and both were very knowledgeable, sweat and easy to talk too. I thought I had the job but they decided to hire within. I HAVE WANTED TO WORK FOR LOANDEPOT FOR OVER TWO YEARS NOW BUT THERE WAS NEVER A POSITION FOR ME UNTIL THE DAY I RECIEVED THE CALL FROM KIRSTIE. I wanted the job so bad I would have taken anything, done anything just to get in the door so I could have proved myself to them. I have never let anyone down with my strong work ethics.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me why I wanted the job and why I was willing to take a cut in pay to get it   View Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at loanDepot in November 2014.

I was initially contacted by the hiring department after submitting an application online just the day before. In our following correspondence, they were quick to reply, polite, and helpful. The interview was set up using Jobvite.com, which was nice since it allowed me to easily review the job description as well as all my submitted materials in preparation for the interview. The interview was scheduled for later that week. It consisted of a competency test, followed by a one-on-one interview. They were interviewing a lot of people for various positions that day and were a little behind schedule. My interviewer was friendly and she asked intelligent questions. She also did a great job of explaining where the company was going and what I could expect from the job.

Interview Questions
    • This question was perhaps not unexpected, but I flubbed a bit on how I take criticism.   Answer Question

Banker Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at loanDepot.

Easy they need experienced people, but they don't have any as everyone seems to be very green in the company. It seems in the interview if you dont know that much they like you more. So dont act like a know it all and you will get hired.

Remote Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at loanDepot in June 2014.

Brant Horne found by networking on the LinkedIn site. He was very professional and makes a great first impression for loanDepots values and culture. He made the interviewing process very simple and easy and thank you loanDepot for this amazing opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • No direct questions they just wanted you to tell about yourself and how you can contribute to loanDepot   Answer Question
    Pay was already structured

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

Had a phone interview and in person interview. I was told I would be interviewed by one person but someone else conducted the interview. I was told I had the position in the first interview but didn't hear anything for 3 weeks.

ACES Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

You do a simple phone interview for the 'first phase.' They then call you in for a interview in which you take a 'test' via computer. Math test, pretty much. You then have an interview with a HR rep shortly after that and five other applicants in a group setting for some reason. This was strange - I just was figuring they hired everyone so this saved them time. I passed this and figured I would have a one-on-one interview with someone so they could get to know me. Nope - the final stage is a 15 person group interview. You read that right, 15 person group interview with a member of management. I was embarrassed to be there. While I was there, I already told myself I did not want this job. They want you to be as loud and boisterious as you can. It became a brown nose fest and to see who could talk over the person next to him. It was completely unprofessional and I was just waiting for it to end. I was not offered the job because I refused to sit there and talk over everyone else to get noticed. I decided if that was what they wanted, this was not the job for me. I am so happy I did not act like they wanted and take that job. After reading the reviews it all makes sense on what they want. This company is very weird and I still can't get how weird it is out of my head!

Interview Questions
    • If you do want his job, the most difficult thing will be trying to talk over the person next to you.   Answer Question

Junior Mortgage Banker Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at loanDepot in May 2014.

I was first introduced to them by attending a career fair at my school and chatting quickly with them. A recruiter named Kirstie contacted me about a month or two later about the junior mortgage banker position. She briefed me on the position and then we scheduled a time for me to come in. Before coming in I had to complete a few questionnaires asking me questions about my personality, etc. Day of, I'm asked to complete this computer questionnaire asking me random questions dealing with simple math and word comprehension. I was supposed to have 2 interviews, but only had one. The questions were standard interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Kirstie later called me to meet with one of the hiring managers that I was supposed to meet the other day so we did that. The hiring manager asked me most of the same questions. They were a little disorganized in that they had me confused with another candidate and had printed out their resume instead of mines. After that I never heard back from them again. No rejection or offer call, which I thought was a bit strange. But at that point I was no longer interested in the position.

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at loanDepot in April 2014.

Very professional and on time.