Logic Interview Questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“If you have an empty container that can hold three gallons of water and one that holds five gallons of water, how would you measure four gallons of water?”

Analyst at Deloitte

Apr 27, 2010

“If you get a 20% raise after your first year and now make $80K, how much did you make your first year?”

“You have three barrels. One barrel is filled with apples, one with oranges, and one with both apples and oranges. Each barrel is mislabeled. You can take out as many fruit as you like form each…”

1 of 1 found helpful

“You have 25 horses, and you want to know which are the top 3 fastest, but you don't have a stopwatch. You can race the horses, but the track is only big enough to fit 5 horses at a time. How do you…”

“There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. 9 of the stacks contain coins that weigh 1g each. The other stack contains coins of 2g each. The coins look the same. We have a scale that we can get a…”

“I had not expected to be asked logic questions, which made me nervous. The first one was a weigh nine items on a balancing scale to find the odd one out in the fewest scale uses”

Engineer at MongoDB

Mar 5, 2012

“How much water is on the planet (earth)?”

“The VCR Plus feature was described. In the TV programming guide each program/show/movie had its own code. When user wanted to program the VCR to record a particular show she just had to enter the…”

“Given a series of strings, find the biggest common prefix.”

“If you have three people standing, all facing the same direction, each person can see the color of the hat of only the person directly in front of them (which can be either black or white). There are…”

1120 of 88 Interview Questions