lucy Activewear

2.1

PT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lucy Activewear in June 2014.

Applied online, totally forgot I even applied and received a phone call for a phone interview about a month later. Very slow process, I originally applied for sales associate and was asked to come in for a one on one interview called a week later and asked if I was interested in a PT Supervisor position. After I accepted I had to wait for a phone call from the district manager for a phone interview with her. Once the background check went through I was asked to come in and do paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Everything she asked was pretty simple and straight to the point.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lucy Activewear.

The interview process was great! It was very relaxed and informative at the same time about the what the job was about and who the company was.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the first offer they gave me as I was just looking for a low key job with not alot of stress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lucy Activewear.

I applied online and scheduled an interview about 2 days after. It was a typical retail job interview. They asked when you had to go above and beyond for a customer, your biggest customer conflict and how you solved it. There was only one person when I went in, but she was really nice and called the manager down to interview me.

Offered me $10/hr and I took it

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lucy Activewear in February 2014.

Applied online from a Craigslist ad and got a call to come in for an interview about a week later. The interview was easy, simple questions and small talk. The manager was very friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • The company really wants to hire individuals who are active, so listing as many activities and hobbies that you are in to is key.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation on salary, and lots of paperwork as usual.

PT Supervisor Interview

Phone screening, interview with a store manager or two, interview with DM

Interview Questions
    • Mostly the basics- questions about leading a team, giving feedback, prioritizing...   Answer Question
    No real negotiation but I didn't have prior experience. annual raises

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lucy Activewear.

Takes a while since they do a very thorough background check. I knew my Store Manager and District Manager so me coming on board wasn't hard at all. The process for my position usually starts with an interview with the SM then you meet with a DM. If they like you they check references and extend you an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to Lucy that we don't already have?   Answer Question
    You tell them what you want. If I would have known that I would have asked for a lot more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lucy Activewear.

Dropped off resume,got a phone call ,got invited for an interview with assistant manager ,then another phone interview with store manager .

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lucy Activewear in March 2013.

Applied online and was called in about a week later. The interview went pretty good and the interviewer seemed relaxed. She told me I'd know by the end of the week. The end of the week came and went and I got no call so I assumed I didn't get the job. I got a call Monday morning asking to come in for a second interview on Tuesday which I agreed to. However, I didn't like this because I was told there was only one interview. Literally 45min after the call I got asked to come in for an interview at Starbucks for Tuesday as well. I went to my interview at Starbucks then headed to Lucy where I was offered the job after some casual conversation about Lucy. I was extremely excited.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was Why Lucy? only because I got called to come in for an interview later that day and had like an hour to study them.   View Answer

I declined because the manager kept pushing back the date for me sign paperwork (over 2 weeks) and I needed a job immediately so I took a job with Starbucks instead.

Retail Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lucy Activewear in January 2013.

Quick Process. Got to meet the entire Senior Management Team

Design/Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lucy Activewear in October 2010.

Was recruited via email and had the typical phone screening interview with a recruiter for VF corporation (which owns Lucy) The recruiter told me they were looking to fill soon and had been looking for a candidate for awhile. Met with 3 contacts at the company, all one on one. First two interviews went well and I felt a connection and a solid interview. The third interviewer didn't seem to know my resume at all and concentrated on one aspect of the job only. It ended bluntly and I was told "it could be awhile, they still had many people to interview." Quite different than what the recruiter said. I could tell that was a bad sign and moved on. Didn't get a good feeling and 0 connection with the 3rd interviewer. 4 months later, the position is still open. Interesting.