lululemon

lululemon Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in November 2013.

I had applied online after seeing the position posted on Indeed.com. Within four hours of applying on a Thursday, I received an email inviting me to a group interview the following Tuesday. The email said to come dressed comfortably as they might have you do some yoga exercises. Still unsure I did my research and checked out their site/blog about interviews. People did come dressed in workout apparel, but some still came in interview-style clothes. I did my research on the company and studied their products. As a candidate for management, you should do as much research about a company you are interviewing for. Why would you interview for a company you find something you don't like about?

At the interview there were 12 of us. That's a lot and from the gist of it, they were all applying for seasonal sales/educator. Everyone assumed I was too. The group interview was led by two assistant managers. From the get-go, this was a red flag for me because I was expecting at least the store manager to be present as I was interviewing for the assistant manager position. They proceeded to say what positions they were interviewing for, they gave descriptions for the educator and key holder position, but only mentioned the assistant manager. They asked all the questions you were asked on the online application. They didn't go beyond that. I didn't feel this interview was professional, but then again maybe this is how Lululemon does it. They way the two assistants talked about the company and their lives outside of it, it felt a bit cult-ish. You need to breathe and live Lulu if you want in.

Since the group was so large, it took a while. They said they would contact you by Thursday with a yay or nay. I sent a thank you note in the mail when I got home. I was not contacted on Thursday or any day after that. I didn't bother calling them to check up on my interview. Needless to say, I had other interviews lined up and have accepted a position with better benefits and pay than they are said to give. I feel I have dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
  • How do you like to sweat?
    What with did you not like about your current or previous job(s)?
    What are your goals?
    Etc. You can get the questions from their online application.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in September 2013.

Applied online. Two weeks later I was contacted via email to attend a group interview. First interview was casual and attire was "comfortable"(I.e. wear lululemon attire). We were told we would be contacted the following Monday to either schedule a "sweat interview" or to be denied employment. When I did not hear back by 5pm on that Monday I emailed the store manager to inquire about the position. Two days later she emailed me back to invite me to a a second interview at a cafe(don't know what happened to the "sweat interview"). When I arrived at the second interview I was told that the position had been filled but I could stay and interview for other positions available including part time educator, full time educator, and key leader. Having driven an hour to the interview I wasn't going to just walk away. At the end of the interview she said she would be in touch with us by the following Tuesday. Once again, I didn't hear from her so I emailed her and was baffled when she emailed me back at 9pm to ask me to come to a third interview at the same cafe the following afternoon(less than 15 hours notice). I politely declined the interview. I have 6 years retail management experience and hold a Bachelors of Art from a leading research university. I have been in a sorority and feel as if working for lululemon would be about the same level of immaturity and unprofessionalism. I could never work for a company who couldn't even demonstrate the basic level of professionalism, punctuality, and respect that I would be expected to uphold if employed there.

Interview Questions