lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.4

113 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Educator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

We did 45 minutes of yoga before our interview and then broke off into groups for the interview questions. Questions included: what would you change about lululemon, what are 3 words to describe yourself, and what is a recent goal you accomplished. Fun group of people!

I don't know yet

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

I filled out an online application, the next day I received a group invitation. It said to dress casually (they really mean it.) The group interview was at starbucks and I arrived 15 mins early, it was supposed to be with six other people, but only two of us showed up. So while we thought these other people showed up me, the manager and another girl who was there to get interviewed were just talking casually. So by the time the actual interview was going it didn't feel like an interview at all, we were doing popcorn style. The questions she asked were, tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you gave feedback, tell me a time when you thought you had failed but in the end it did something for the better. She made us fill out the availability paper, And I was waiting on my ride so I had an extra time to talk to her. Then the next day another manager emailed me and said "so and so really loved getting to know you and I would love to get to know you" and it was the next day was the one on one interview. She wasn't all that nice got to the questions, and she repeated the questions, when's the last time you gave feedback, another question was when was a time that you had to tell someone no, or something like that, then she asked what's the ideal manager to you and she just made me uncomfortable so I knew I didn't do so well. But I didn't hear from her the next day and a few days later I got a rejection email. :(

Interview Questions
    • Something difficult was you had to impress two managers at different times.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Starts off with a group interview which is pretty easy, just make sure that you stand out. Will ask you questions about giving and receiving feedback and what your goals are. They are mostly conceptual questions to get a feel of what kind of person you are. They will also ask you what sports/activities you like. Then you'll get a one on one or sweat interview and depending on how you do you will have to do another interview or you will be done there.

Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Hired through a referral. Met in person with the SM for first interview. Talked about life goals and visions for the future. Second interview was with the ASM. We met in person and talked more about the same things. Started working soon after

No negotiation

Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

I received an email for an invitation to a group interview. I was expecting maybe five or so of us, but ended up interviewing along with 11 other candidates. I didn't particularly care for the nature of the interview, given that they asked silly questions & expected to remember what each one of us answered (they weren't writing everything down). I did like that they asked us what we'd suggest to improve the company if we were able to sit face-to-face with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were opening up for a Jay-Z concert using one song, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

First, I applied online and instead of waiting for a phone call, I went into the local store and introduced myself to one of the Managers. The Manager took my email and invited myself to a group interview with 4 other candidates. The group interview is a very casual, relaxed interview where we all sit on the floor and talk about our experiences in fitness/goal setting. Sample questions - what do you do to sweat, when did you receive difficult feedback, what is one strength and one weakness.

Within the hour, I was invited back for a 1:1 interview with the Store Manager the next morning. The Store Manager gave me an offer after the conversation. Sample interview questions - why lulu, what should lulu add/change, when did you develop someone, what are 3 strengths.

TIPS:
    wear lululemon clothes (seriously)
    speak first, for most of the questions
    research the company mission, goals, community events and use the values in your answers
    have a set answer for why lululemon
    have a set answer for difficult feedback (from a teacher or boss)
    have a set answer for a yearly goal (something measurable)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at lululemon.

I applied online. Never heard anything back. I called store 1 month later and they said they were having a group interview tonight and to come in. I could not make it and they said they will look up my application and send me an invite via email to next group interview. I got the invite via email and showed up to the interview. The interviewer seemed to like more answers focused on family (husband, child, etc). I am single and have no desire to start a family so I felt that my answers couldn't satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What store do you most like to shop at? Favorite job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

Definitely make sure to wear their product. Be casual because you may have to sit on the floor. The interview is very informal and seems more like a group of friends talking about their favorite things. Make sure to speak first if you're in a group interview! They ask the typical questions you'd expect, such as "what is your 1-year plan," "what's the best thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "what's the worst thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "What is your favorite mantra on the bag?" etc.

Interview Questions

I got a better job offer.

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

I applied online, and received on invite for a group interview a few months later. The interview was inform, the interviewer was very nice. You may have to wait to be interview so be patient and flexible.

Educator Interview

Applied online and a couple weeks later got an email to a group interview. There were only two of us applying that showed up. The other gal wore casual formal wear and I dressed in Lululemon. For the most part the interview was to gauge your personality and see if you would be a good fit and vice versa. After we were done I went back to the store to look around and the other gal left. I was offered the job before leaving!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fitness based/goal oriented, our general interests and how we faced challenges etc. It was a casual interview where we took turns answering the questions. Nothing was out of the normal.   View Answer
    None