lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Savannah, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview was very informal. Everyone wore LuLu Lemon, we sat on the ground outside, and discussed life. At my location, three people were interviewed for two positions. I did not get a second interview despite being professional, taking notes, and wearing LuLu Lemon. I believe that the interviewer was looking for something in particular. I was the only "white" girl at my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a bunch of stores, and heard back from two on the same day. Both were group interviews that were very relaxed and fun. Both times the assistant manager said they would be getting back to us that day or the next to let us know whether or not we'd be going to the next stage... I haven't heard back and it's been a week now. I sent a follow up email, but it was ignored.

Interview Questions

• What quote on the lululemon shopper means the most to you?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview. It's fairly laid back. If you have any lululemon clothing, wear it. After the group interview you should hear back within 2 weeks whether you got the second interview or not. Dress nicely for the second interview. FOR EVERY INTERVIEW YOU SHOULD ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY.

Educator Interview

Interview

Getting the interview was easy, all I did was call the store closest to me and ask if they were hiring. They'll usually tell you about the next group interview that's coming up because they have them all the time. So when I got to the interview there was about 10 of us total and I knew I wasn't going to get it because there were at least 4 girls who already were friends with the manager or long-time customers of that specific store, so they already had an in with the manager. The questions were easy and the managers were nice, so the overall vibe was a good one. I didn't hear back from them because even though I did well in the interview, they were just too many people who already knew the manager taking the jobs.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

i was called in for a group interview, and following that i had a one on one with the assistant manager. i was told i would be called in 3 days to meet with the store manager. it has been 3 weeks and i still have not heard from them. i have reached out to them and called them 4 times to ask what was going on because i did really want the job, and still haven't heard anything. the hiring process is kind of unprofessional, and a little to relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at lululemon (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a mutual friend who passed along my information to the manager of the store. The manager invited me to sit down for a one-on-one interview a few days later at a local restaurant. I read quite a bit about the lululemon culture before the interview and I can say that - for better or worse - my interview was consistent with all the stereotypes you hear about the company and the people who work there. The first thing my interviewer told me was she didn't care at all about my professional experience, she just wanted to know who I was, what I liked to do, etc... since lululemon was "more than just retail." Overall, the interview was fairly casual and unstructured,it turned out to be mostly a conversation about my hobbies and personal aspirations. After a few questions about my personal life, "why lululemon", and one passive-aggressive comment about my hair, I asked her a few questions about the store environment and the interview was over. The whole interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave someone else feedback?   Answer Question
    • What is something your working on right now? Not academic or professional related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview and wear comfortable clothes because we would be sitting on the floor. I think I overdressed, because everyone was in leggings and workout clothes, and I wore jeans and a button up shirt. We sat on yoga mats and introduced ourselves. We started by letting go of anything negative we were dealing with by talking about it (traffic, parking, etc) so that we could then be "present" and redirect our energy. The interviewer asked some interesting questions such as "what is your spirit animal" and everyone was expected to respond to each question one by one. It was a little awkward, but kind of more laid back than most interviews which I liked! They told us at the end of the interview that they were only looking to hire one person, and also said they would send an email out by next week.

Interview Questions

• "How do you like to sweat?" "Discuss a time that you received feedback, and how it made you feel." "What is your spirit animal and why?"   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at lululemon in June 2015.

Interview

I did a group interview with 5 other people. The questions were very superficial and personality based. It was definitely awkward and I felt like the two girls conducting the interview were bored out of their minds. I have no idea how they could possibly make a decision on who to hire based on the questions they asked. I thought I had a lot more relevant experienced than the other candidates and gave answers with specific examples and extensive knowledge of the company and products. I heard back two days later that I would not be given a 2nd interview. I asked for feedback and did not receive any response. I know one of the girls came to the store with a friend who used to work there and it seemed that another girl knew the interviewers prior. I guess that could be the reason I was not given a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you learned. Why Lululemon? What is your favorite fitness class? What would former coworkers say annoyed them about you? Describe a current goal you have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then asked to come to the store for a group interview. I was called back for one more interview with a Key Leader, but did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you could improve about Lululemon?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online submitting my resume. Around three weeks later I was then called in for a group interview which was fairly easy and went well. I then was called back by the store manager and was offered the position.