lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.4

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon.

Interview

i was called in for a group interview, and following that i had a one on one with the assistant manager. i was told i would be called in 3 days to meet with the store manager. it has been 3 weeks and i still have not heard from them. i have reached out to them and called them 4 times to ask what was going on because i did really want the job, and still haven't heard anything. the hiring process is kind of unprofessional, and a little to relaxed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at lululemon in June 2015.

Interview

I did a group interview with 5 other people. The questions were very superficial and personality based. It was definitely awkward and I felt like the two girls conducting the interview were bored out of their minds. I have no idea how they could possibly make a decision on who to hire based on the questions they asked. I thought I had a lot more relevant experienced than the other candidates and gave answers with specific examples and extensive knowledge of the company and products. I heard back two days later that I would not be given a 2nd interview. I asked for feedback and did not receive any response. I know one of the girls came to the store with a friend who used to work there and it seemed that another girl knew the interviewers prior. I guess that could be the reason I was not given a 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you learned.
      Why Lululemon?
      What is your favorite fitness class?
      What would former coworkers say annoyed them about you?
      Describe a current goal you have.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a mutual friend who passed along my information to the manager of the store. The manager invited me to sit down for a one-on-one interview a few days later at a local restaurant.

I read quite a bit about the lululemon culture before the interview and I can say that - for better or worse - my interview was consistent with all the stereotypes you hear about the company and the people who work there.

The first thing my interviewer told me was she didn't care at all about my professional experience, she just wanted to know who I was, what I liked to do, etc... since lululemon was "more than just retail." Overall, the interview was fairly casual and unstructured,it turned out to be mostly a conversation about my hobbies and personal aspirations. After a few questions about my personal life, "why lululemon", and one passive-aggressive comment about my hair, I asked her a few questions about the store environment and the interview was over. The whole interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you gave someone else feedback?   Answer Question
    • What is something your working on right now? Not academic or professional related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview and wear comfortable clothes because we would be sitting on the floor. I think I overdressed, because everyone was in leggings and workout clothes, and I wore jeans and a button up shirt. We sat on yoga mats and introduced ourselves. We started by letting go of anything negative we were dealing with by talking about it (traffic, parking, etc) so that we could then be "present" and redirect our energy. The interviewer asked some interesting questions such as "what is your spirit animal" and everyone was expected to respond to each question one by one. It was a little awkward, but kind of more laid back than most interviews which I liked! They told us at the end of the interview that they were only looking to hire one person, and also said they would send an email out by next week.

Interview Questions

• "How do you like to sweat?"
      "Discuss a time that you received feedback, and how it made you feel."
      "What is your spirit animal and why?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online submitting my resume. Around three weeks later I was then called in for a group interview which was fairly easy and went well. I then was called back by the store manager and was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few days I received an email with instructions on attending a group interview. The interview was at a hot yoga studio, where we took a class before conducting the interview process. The interview was very laid back, I'd go as far to say there was no structure. I was unsure if they would even be able to remember my name once we had finished, we only introduced ourselves once, and there were no name tags or anyone writing notes on our answers. Before the interview ended one of the associates conducting the interview told us exactly how many people they were looking to hire and he said he would let us know by the following day if they weren't interested, if we'd be called back for a second interview, or if they'd retain our application for seasonal hire. I waited anxiously for the email the following day, and it never came. So the day after I emailed the same associate asking if there had been an issue, after a week of trying to contact the associate that conducting the interview and the store directly, I received an email back saying I would not be offered a second interview. The same thing happened to my friend after her interview. I think their methods are unprofessional and way too relaxed to be effective.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite way to sweat?
      Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      How do you handle feedback?
      How do you handle hard times in your life?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online to three stores in early May and received an email back a few weeks later inviting me to an open interview. It ended up just being me and one other girl being interviewed by two store managers. We sat on mats on the floor. It was pretty laid back. When the interview was over the managers didn't really say anything about when they'd get back to us/etc. i heard back a week and a day later that I hadn't gotten the job. Overall neutral experience.

They are pretty weird about goals also - setting a three year business goal for myself, a sophomore in college, was kind of wack, and seemed irrelevant to the interview. So I'd be prepared, if you're going to share your goals, to have a clear plan of how you're going to accomplish them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application back in January, didn't hear back until April - which ended up being better timing than if I had gotten an interview when I applied in the first place. I was first invited to a group interview in the store. I was among a group of five people and we literally just sat in a circle on the floor on yoga mats in the middle of the store. They only asked about 5 questions - all of which came from the online application. Overall, super easy and relaxed.

About a week later I was invited to a one-on-one interview (which was really more of a two-on-one since the Assistant Store Manager and one of the Key Leaders were both there). Similar vibe to the first interview. I do better in smaller group settings so this was much easier for me in terms of playing off of their reactions and being more personable. Similar questions to the group interview, but mostly just the leftover questions from the online applications. Two days later, I was offered the position.

My advice: wear lululemon, and know/prep your answers ahead of time so you don't fumble over your words later.

Interview Questions

• Why lululemon?   1 Answer
    • What would your old professors/bosses NOT miss about you?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your goals?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you either had to give or receive feedback.   1 Answer
    • How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview very fun and freely moving didn't feel pressure. It was a good and fun experience the store manager said she would email us but she still hasn't even if it was to tell us we didn't get the position which I find irritating and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual with 5 other people and 2 Lululemon employees. This was a group interview and we all have the same questions to answer. It was very relaxed and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is our 5 year goal? What's the most embarrassing song on our music playlist? What's our favorite way to sweat? Why Lululemon? If you could take 2 people on a road trip who would it be and why?   Answer Question