lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Received a call from assistant manager. She asked me if I am interested in seasonal educator position. And told me, that store manager will call me back. However, when I received store manager's call, she told me that they not hiring right now

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

I filled out an online application, the next day I received a group invitation. It said to dress casually (they really mean it.) The group interview was at starbucks and I arrived 15 mins early, it was supposed to be with six other people, but only two of us showed up. So while we thought these other people showed up me, the manager and another girl who was there to get interviewed were just talking casually. So by the time the actual interview was going it didn't feel like an interview at all, we were doing popcorn style. The questions she asked were, tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you gave feedback, tell me a time when you thought you had failed but in the end it did something for the better. She made us fill out the availability paper, And I was waiting on my ride so I had an extra time to talk to her. Then the next day another manager emailed me and said "so and so really loved getting to know you and I would love to get to know you" and it was the next day was the one on one interview. She wasn't all that nice got to the questions, and she repeated the questions, when's the last time you gave feedback, another question was when was a time that you had to tell someone no, or something like that, then she asked what's the ideal manager to you and she just made me uncomfortable so I knew I didn't do so well. But I didn't hear from her the next day and a few days later I got a rejection email. :(

Interview Questions
    • Something difficult was you had to impress two managers at different times.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

First, I applied online and instead of waiting for a phone call, I went into the local store and introduced myself to one of the Managers. The Manager took my email and invited myself to a group interview with 4 other candidates. The group interview is a very casual, relaxed interview where we all sit on the floor and talk about our experiences in fitness/goal setting. Sample questions - what do you do to sweat, when did you receive difficult feedback, what is one strength and one weakness.

Within the hour, I was invited back for a 1:1 interview with the Store Manager the next morning. The Store Manager gave me an offer after the conversation. Sample interview questions - why lulu, what should lulu add/change, when did you develop someone, what are 3 strengths.

TIPS:
    wear lululemon clothes (seriously)
    speak first, for most of the questions
    research the company mission, goals, community events and use the values in your answers
    have a set answer for why lululemon
    have a set answer for difficult feedback (from a teacher or boss)
    have a set answer for a yearly goal (something measurable)

Educator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Starts off with a group interview which is pretty easy, just make sure that you stand out. Will ask you questions about giving and receiving feedback and what your goals are. They are mostly conceptual questions to get a feel of what kind of person you are. They will also ask you what sports/activities you like. Then you'll get a one on one or sweat interview and depending on how you do you will have to do another interview or you will be done there.

Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Hired through a referral. Met in person with the SM for first interview. Talked about life goals and visions for the future. Second interview was with the ASM. We met in person and talked more about the same things. Started working soon after

No negotiation

Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

I received an email for an invitation to a group interview. I was expecting maybe five or so of us, but ended up interviewing along with 11 other candidates. I didn't particularly care for the nature of the interview, given that they asked silly questions & expected to remember what each one of us answered (they weren't writing everything down). I did like that they asked us what we'd suggest to improve the company if we were able to sit face-to-face with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were opening up for a Jay-Z concert using one song, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at lululemon.

I applied online. Never heard anything back. I called store 1 month later and they said they were having a group interview tonight and to come in. I could not make it and they said they will look up my application and send me an invite via email to next group interview. I got the invite via email and showed up to the interview. The interviewer seemed to like more answers focused on family (husband, child, etc). I am single and have no desire to start a family so I felt that my answers couldn't satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What store do you most like to shop at? Favorite job?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

Definitely make sure to wear their product. Be casual because you may have to sit on the floor. The interview is very informal and seems more like a group of friends talking about their favorite things. Make sure to speak first if you're in a group interview! They ask the typical questions you'd expect, such as "what is your 1-year plan," "what's the best thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "what's the worst thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "What is your favorite mantra on the bag?" etc.

Interview Questions

I got a better job offer.

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

There were 2 interviews held for this part time educator position. The first interview was a group interview.

My group consisted of at least 10 interviewees. To my surprise, most candidates were like myself... they were overachieving and intellegent college graduates. We went around in a circle and they asked us questions like "why lululemon?". They had also requested us by email when they asked us to come in to prepare a 2 minute talk/ teach about ANYTHING. One girl brought her skateboard into show how to wrap a deck of a skate board. One girl taught us about the 10 uses of coconut oil. Another girl brought in yogurt and nuts and berries to share and told us that eating healthy helped her lose her baby weight. Another girl showed us how to make a fashion beaded bracelet. These were very unique and interesting things, but I could tell the interviewers were a slightly annoyed because these girls loved to talk and went way over 2 minutes...without considering they were being rude. The interviewers had to remind some of the women to wrap it up multiple times. One girl came unprepared and was not present at the 2nd interview. She directly read off her phone and informed us about the benefits of water. She couldn't get internet service for a bit so it was awkward. Overall, at least 1/2 of the women that showed up for the group interview were self proclaimed personal trainers or yoga teachers. The store manager and assistant manager were the only interviewers present. Later that day, the store manager sent us an email either notifying us if we were invited back to a second interview or not.

The second interview was called a "group sweat" interview. We were asked to wear athletic clothes and be prepared to work out. We met at yoga studio near the store and ended up walking to some tennis courts. I am decently in shape (I work out 5-6 times a week), I attend barre classes and walk my dogs. This workout was circuit/ cross fit style and was very difficult. I was sweating a lot and it was pretty challenging. The other girls that showed up (4-5) were pretty athletic and I couldn't imagine a girl that was relatively out of shape completing the group sweat. I am not sure why they put you through such a challenging work out.. maybe they want to see if you're going to give up and how you deal with persistence. Maybe its to weed out people? At the interview, there were around 4 other employees that were educators and team leaders and the assistant manager was there. After our circuit exercises, they had us pair up with one of the employees to do pair exercises. We passed medicine balls to each other and did tandem sit ups. During this time, the employees would ask us questions and tried to get to know us. I was pleasantly surprised that all the current workers were very welcoming and genuinely nice. I had a really good experience. As we left, they said they would notify us if they wanted to offer a position. I wasn't sure if i would make the cut because there were so many girls there and they were all qualified and over achieving.

Interview Questions
    • A two-minute demonstration to educate the group on anything of your choice (there are no boundaries, be creative, show us a bit about you!)   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Unfortunately, they had certain "black out" dates that were installed and I will not be able to go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This contract was for temporary employment until after the holiday season. They said there was possible opportunity to stay with the company after the holiday period if we performed well during this time. The manager said she would individually interview us and determine if we could stay. Temporary employees DO receive discounts on clothing, but do not receive any company benefits.

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

I applied online, and received on invite for a group interview a few months later. The interview was inform, the interviewer was very nice. You may have to wait to be interview so be patient and flexible.