lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.4

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at Ivivva and about a month later I got an email for a group interview. The group interview was held in the store on the floor sitting on yoga mats. They asked very informal questions, and you had very limited time to answer since there were so many people in the interview. Didn't really seem like you could talk about past work history or what you could personally bring to the company since they only asked informal questions. The only question they really asked was a negative question, a time when I failed in life. I feel like they should have focused on our experience in past jobs or our future goals. I guess I wished I was called for the lululemon position and not the Ivivva because it seems like they are looking for people only with experience teaching children, nannying, or coaching kids in sports. Retail/sales experience or personal athletic experience and interests didn't seem to really matter. So I'd only recommend applying if your future goals include teaching children's yoga, mine were to advance within the company and work my way up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Danbury, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

So I applied online and received an email back about a week later inviting me to a group interview. I had to reschedule and they were very accommodating. I went to the interview in the back stock area and it was an overall positive experience. I spoke to a lot of the staff and had some really great "life" talks with them and received some great advice. Though I wasn't hired I would still shop there.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Had a group interview with 7 others and 2 key leaders from the store. We went to a cafe and it was super laid back and conversational. After the interview they took us to yoga, it was great! Two days. Later I got an email to come back and interview again. The called back 6 of the 8 for two positions. Got a call two days later that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY).

Interview

You're first called in for a group interview, where you'll sit in a circle on the floor on yoga mats and go around answering questions. It was a bit more conversational than I expected, but make an effort to answer questions an participate without being too overbearing. If that goes well, you'll be brought back for a 1-on-1 interview with store management.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very similar to what you're asked on the online application. How do you like to sweat? Name one time you had to give and receive feedback? Etc.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon in March 2015.

Interview

I came in for a group interview. There were only two of us and we were interviewed by two employees. It was very casual. They had an icebreaker and a few other questions. It lasted about 45 min. Overall the process was really easy and the interview was pleasant enough. Definitely not something to stress over. I would recommend wearing athletic clothing, lululemon if possible.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied via online application and about a week later was called in for an interview. I went to the store and was the first one there. I chatted with the two employees there. They were quite nice. We all sat on the ground in a circle for the interview. They try and be "honest" and "open". It's kind of awkward. Got a call a week later informing me I had not gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon (Natick, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email the night before the interview asking if I could attend an interview the following day. This was about 2+ months after I had applied online. It was a group interview with 4 other people. The interview was very casual. It was led by the manager and 2 other employees. We sat around in a circle and introduced ourselves. The manager then asked us basically the same questions as in the online application. The manager told us she had other interviews lined up but would get back to all of us within the week. I was never contacted either way.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 24 hours about a group interview later in the week. Did the standard group interview at a yoga studio, sitting on yoga mats. Popcorn style w/6 other candidates, 1 key leader, 1 educator, a manager, and a regional manager who happened to be in town. I read through every review here on glassdoor and was more than prepared. The managers literally read from a list of questions obviously sent over from lulu HQ. Goal related fluffy questions, just so they can get a sense of who you are. Definitely be one of the first people to respond, and be your energetic and outgoing self. I was VERY nervous for this interview, but it was actually a lot of fun and relaxing. Wear lululemon (I did to all 3 interviews). The girls interviewing us said they were staying after for a yoga class and we were all welcome to stay if we wanted to. Obviously do this.
    We were told we would hear back within a week.. After a week and a half I finally got an interview inviting me on a yoga "sweat date" with an assistant manager I had not met yet. As much as I loved the group interview and employees interviewing me, and drank the lululemon kool aid, that is how much I disliked this sweat date. The A.M. was very unprofessional, and rather rude. To start with, I had to pay for my own class. If you're going to invite someone to workout for an interview you pay for their class. I arrived early and was the first person there besides the yoga teacher, who she knew, yet I had to seek the woman out as she made no effort to introduce herself and talk to me. She was in no way friendly, she would ask blunt questions, then weirdly complained to me like we were girlfriends. It was very uncomfortable. She asked a few basic interview questions, but it was stuff she would have known from glancing at my resume (college major? student or graduated?) A store educator was also with her, she also mentioned what a miserable day she had at the store and complained. As the A.M. was throwing her coat on and rushing out the door she asked if I was interested in part or full time and my availability. I said full time and she snapped back with "well I can tell you right now that's not going to happen". I was taken aback by how rudely she said it. I asked if part time would be able to turn into full time and she said "well yes, there is always room to grow." After she left the educator actually apologized to me saying the A.M. invited her to yoga but didn't mention she was doing a sweat date.
    I walked out of that interview completely turned off by lululemon. The A.M. was obviously having a terrible day, but check that at the door, this was an interview, you don't need to complain about the company to me or tell me what a miserable day its been and how you have more stuff to do after, and imply the entire time what a burden this interview was. I felt very disrespected.
    Another week or 2 after that (yes, this was turning into over a month long, 3 interview process for a PART TIME RETAIL position), I got an email from the manager (who I had met at the group interview) inviting me for a one-on-one over coffee at Starbucks. I knew at this point I probably wouldn't end up taking a job there--the sweat date really was just so uncomfortable, and I would have to work under that rude woman regularly! But I took the interview because, why not, I'd already been strung along this long. The manager had already had purchased her coffee and set up when I had arrived (10 minutes early, of course) and asked if I was going to buy coffee, I said yes...and ended up having to buy my own. Yes, another interview they set up at an out of store location, and I'm buying the 'activity'. I found out later from a friend who is a manager at another lulu location that they have a budget for potential employees. Salt in the wound. It felt scam like--I had to pay almost $20 to just be at these interviews! The manager read off questions from the same list on her phone as the group interview. Added a few more "how I overcame a work obstacle" and a time when I took on more responsibility than I could manage. She did however ask a few very personal questions that I felt were inappropriate, like about my past break up and then told me I had trust issues. It was strange. I asked her again if this was for only part time and she seemed offended when I said no the part time aspect was not clear during any e-mail correspondence and the application online was even for full time. By the end of the interview I was pretty turned off by the entire lululemon experience. Looking back, I think all the employees were on their best behavior during the group interview because a regional manager was there.
    By the time I got my offer I knew working at lululemon was NOT for me. It seems like there is a lot of drama happening at the store, and the drawn out interview process, with me having to pay for both one on one interviews, left a VERY sour taste in my mouth.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and heard about in about 2 weeks. Told to be prepared for a group interview (in Palo Alto),but I was the only one that showed up. I was really confused. The interview was not hard but I felt like the store key leader(the guy that interviewed me) was not very prepared himself because he seemed unsure/unfamiliar with the interview process and did not write anything down.

Interview Questions

• 1.why lululemon? 2.describe a product you like(doesnt have to be Lulu's) 3.how would your friends describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First I had a group interview at a local yoga studio. I met a super nice group of people who were all really excited about the company. We were asked many of the questions from the online application and then follow-up questions on those. I was asked how you like to sweat and where. Overall it was a comfortable atmosphere and more interesting questions than other interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you have in the next year?   1 Answer