lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online to three stores in early May and received an email back a few weeks later inviting me to an open interview. It ended up just being me and one other girl being interviewed by two store managers. We sat on mats on the floor. It was pretty laid back. When the interview was over the managers didn't really say anything about when they'd get back to us/etc. i heard back a week and a day later that I hadn't gotten the job. Overall neutral experience. They are pretty weird about goals also - setting a three year business goal for myself, a sophomore in college, was kind of wack, and seemed irrelevant to the interview. So I'd be prepared, if you're going to share your goals, to have a clear plan of how you're going to accomplish them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual with 5 other people and 2 Lululemon employees. This was a group interview and we all have the same questions to answer. It was very relaxed and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is our 5 year goal? What's the most embarrassing song on our music playlist? What's our favorite way to sweat? Why Lululemon? If you could take 2 people on a road trip who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at Ivivva and about a month later I got an email for a group interview. The group interview was held in the store on the floor sitting on yoga mats. They asked very informal questions, and you had very limited time to answer since there were so many people in the interview. Didn't really seem like you could talk about past work history or what you could personally bring to the company since they only asked informal questions. The only question they really asked was a negative question, a time when I failed in life. I feel like they should have focused on our experience in past jobs or our future goals. I guess I wished I was called for the lululemon position and not the Ivivva because it seems like they are looking for people only with experience teaching children, nannying, or coaching kids in sports. Retail/sales experience or personal athletic experience and interests didn't seem to really matter. So I'd only recommend applying if your future goals include teaching children's yoga, mine were to advance within the company and work my way up.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Danbury, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

So I applied online and received an email back about a week later inviting me to a group interview. I had to reschedule and they were very accommodating. I went to the interview in the back stock area and it was an overall positive experience. I spoke to a lot of the staff and had some really great "life" talks with them and received some great advice. Though I wasn't hired I would still shop there.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Had a group interview with 7 others and 2 key leaders from the store. We went to a cafe and it was super laid back and conversational. After the interview they took us to yoga, it was great! Two days. Later I got an email to come back and interview again. The called back 6 of the 8 for two positions. Got a call two days later that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY).

Interview

You're first called in for a group interview, where you'll sit in a circle on the floor on yoga mats and go around answering questions. It was a bit more conversational than I expected, but make an effort to answer questions an participate without being too overbearing. If that goes well, you'll be brought back for a 1-on-1 interview with store management.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very similar to what you're asked on the online application. How do you like to sweat? Name one time you had to give and receive feedback? Etc.   Answer Question

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon in March 2015.

Interview

I came in for a group interview. There were only two of us and we were interviewed by two employees. It was very casual. They had an icebreaker and a few other questions. It lasted about 45 min. Overall the process was really easy and the interview was pleasant enough. Definitely not something to stress over. I would recommend wearing athletic clothing, lululemon if possible.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied via online application and about a week later was called in for an interview. I went to the store and was the first one there. I chatted with the two employees there. They were quite nice. We all sat on the ground in a circle for the interview. They try and be "honest" and "open". It's kind of awkward. Got a call a week later informing me I had not gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, casual, conversation style interview. We sat on the floor on yoga mats in the showroom. It was a group interview, with 3 other potential employees and myself. It was led by the manager and assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt you could have been a better leader and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon (Natick, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email the night before the interview asking if I could attend an interview the following day. This was about 2+ months after I had applied online. It was a group interview with 4 other people. The interview was very casual. It was led by the manager and 2 other employees. We sat around in a circle and introduced ourselves. The manager then asked us basically the same questions as in the online application. The manager told us she had other interviews lined up but would get back to all of us within the week. I was never contacted either way.