lululemon Educator Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online submitting my resume. Around three weeks later I was then called in for a group interview which was fairly easy and went well. I then was called back by the store manager and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (Pasadena, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application back in January, didn't hear back until April - which ended up being better timing than if I had gotten an interview when I applied in the first place. I was first invited to a group interview in the store. I was among a group of five people and we literally just sat in a circle on the floor on yoga mats in the middle of the store. They only asked about 5 questions - all of which came from the online application. Overall, super easy and relaxed. About a week later I was invited to a one-on-one interview (which was really more of a two-on-one since the Assistant Store Manager and one of the Key Leaders were both there). Similar vibe to the first interview. I do better in smaller group settings so this was much easier for me in terms of playing off of their reactions and being more personable. Similar questions to the group interview, but mostly just the leftover questions from the online applications. Two days later, I was offered the position. My advice: wear lululemon, and know/prep your answers ahead of time so you don't fumble over your words later.

Interview Questions

• Why lululemon?   1 Answer
    • What would your old professors/bosses NOT miss about you?   1 Answer
    • What are some of your goals?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you either had to give or receive feedback.   1 Answer
    • How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few days I received an email with instructions on attending a group interview. The interview was at a hot yoga studio, where we took a class before conducting the interview process. The interview was very laid back, I'd go as far to say there was no structure. I was unsure if they would even be able to remember my name once we had finished, we only introduced ourselves once, and there were no name tags or anyone writing notes on our answers. Before the interview ended one of the associates conducting the interview told us exactly how many people they were looking to hire and he said he would let us know by the following day if they weren't interested, if we'd be called back for a second interview, or if they'd retain our application for seasonal hire. I waited anxiously for the email the following day, and it never came. So the day after I emailed the same associate asking if there had been an issue, after a week of trying to contact the associate that conducting the interview and the store directly, I received an email back saying I would not be offered a second interview. The same thing happened to my friend after her interview. I think their methods are unprofessional and way too relaxed to be effective.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite way to sweat? Tell me a little bit about yourself? How do you handle feedback? How do you handle hard times in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview very fun and freely moving didn't feel pressure. It was a good and fun experience the store manager said she would email us but she still hasn't even if it was to tell us we didn't get the position which I find irritating and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Very casual with 5 other people and 2 Lululemon employees. This was a group interview and we all have the same questions to answer. It was very relaxed and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What is our 5 year goal? What's the most embarrassing song on our music playlist? What's our favorite way to sweat? Why Lululemon? If you could take 2 people on a road trip who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online to three stores in early May and received an email back a few weeks later inviting me to an open interview. It ended up just being me and one other girl being interviewed by two store managers. We sat on mats on the floor. It was pretty laid back. When the interview was over the managers didn't really say anything about when they'd get back to us/etc. i heard back a week and a day later that I hadn't gotten the job. Overall neutral experience. They are pretty weird about goals also - setting a three year business goal for myself, a sophomore in college, was kind of wack, and seemed irrelevant to the interview. So I'd be prepared, if you're going to share your goals, to have a clear plan of how you're going to accomplish them.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in April 2015.

Interview

I applied at Ivivva and about a month later I got an email for a group interview. The group interview was held in the store on the floor sitting on yoga mats. They asked very informal questions, and you had very limited time to answer since there were so many people in the interview. Didn't really seem like you could talk about past work history or what you could personally bring to the company since they only asked informal questions. The only question they really asked was a negative question, a time when I failed in life. I feel like they should have focused on our experience in past jobs or our future goals. I guess I wished I was called for the lululemon position and not the Ivivva because it seems like they are looking for people only with experience teaching children, nannying, or coaching kids in sports. Retail/sales experience or personal athletic experience and interests didn't seem to really matter. So I'd only recommend applying if your future goals include teaching children's yoga, mine were to advance within the company and work my way up.

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Danbury, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

So I applied online and received an email back about a week later inviting me to a group interview. I had to reschedule and they were very accommodating. I went to the interview in the back stock area and it was an overall positive experience. I spoke to a lot of the staff and had some really great "life" talks with them and received some great advice. Though I wasn't hired I would still shop there.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Had a group interview with 7 others and 2 key leaders from the store. We went to a cafe and it was super laid back and conversational. After the interview they took us to yoga, it was great! Two days. Later I got an email to come back and interview again. The called back 6 of the 8 for two positions. Got a call two days later that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at lululemon (New York, NY).

Interview

You're first called in for a group interview, where you'll sit in a circle on the floor on yoga mats and go around answering questions. It was a bit more conversational than I expected, but make an effort to answer questions an participate without being too overbearing. If that goes well, you'll be brought back for a 1-on-1 interview with store management.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very similar to what you're asked on the online application. How do you like to sweat? Name one time you had to give and receive feedback? Etc.   Answer Question