lululemon

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.4

Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon.

I was contacted for my interview strictly through email. When given a few dates and times to choose from I replied back with my selection. A few days prior to the interview I received an email stating they are no longer looking to fill the position I was interested in. Common courtesy, pick up the phone a make a call. The whole process lacked a personal feel. It felt very systematic.

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

3 part interview. I applied online. Went in for a group interview. It was very casual - we were asked to wear comfortable clothes. Make sure to wear at least 90% lululemon. We sat around on yoga mats - it was really nice. We talked a lot about goals, feedback. Make sure to a clear vision for why lululemon, your goals, a time you had to give feedback and it wasn't positive. On the same day I was called back to schedule a one on one with the store manager. It was a short interview - we sat in chairs but it was still very casual and comfortable. I was asked about goals and feedback again. Also asked how my friends would describe me as a leader in three words. Overall it was a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • A time you had to give feedback and it didn't go as expected   Answer Question
    no negotiation - I was hired as a part time contract for the holiday

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

Applied online, was emailed the next day to come in for a group interview later that week. There were four of us sitting on a couch, and it was very casual. The two employees (one a manager) told us the history of the company and then had an "icebreaker" where they asked each of us to sell them on one piece of clothing we were wearing. I talked about the lulu shirt I had on, but another woman went into great detail about every single item of clothing she was wearing (all lulu) and how she owns so much lulu and had even sold her dad on it. They didn't stop her. They then asked 6 questions, of which they said we didn't need to answer every single one, but there were awkward silences when you didn't. Who would you take on a road trip and where would you go? Why lulu? How have you worked on your self-development recently? What was the best customer service experience you've had lately? They are looking for you to stand out from the crowd (in a positive way)- answer the questions first and be super confident and outgoing. If you made it to the next round, they take you on a "sweat date" and then a 1:1 interview. They did not discuss salary beyond saying there is a store commission on top of base, and they did inform us there were "blackout dates" between Dec-Jan that we could not ask for time off. Also were told we would have to work a certain number of hours to get the employee discount. Lulu recruiting, not the manager of the store, informed me that I did not make it to the next round, which I found very impersonal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in November 2014.

After submitting my application online, I was sent an invitation to come to a group interview. It was pretty informal (we sat on the floor) and they asked typical questions about work history, skills, interests, etc. But there were some unique questions like "What's your favorite way to sweat?" and "When was the last time you laughed at yourself?" Brownie points if you mention the quality of their products when talking about why you want to work there, because that's a real point of pride for them.

Lululemon Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Longest process ever. Applied online and got invited to come in for a group interview. Stupid questions at the group interview and then got asked to come back on for a one on one with the manager of the store. Said they would call me within the next week and I never heard back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you have given feedback to someone   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

Group Interview of around 20 people. Try not to be first in line so that you have time to think about your answer. I got stuck going second and the questions were difficult to come up with on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • If you could spend one day doing whatever you wanted, what would it be?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

We did 45 minutes of yoga before our interview and then broke off into groups for the interview questions. Questions included: what would you change about lululemon, what are 3 words to describe yourself, and what is a recent goal you accomplished. Fun group of people!

I don't know yet

Sales Associate/Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

Group interview, easy questions...laid back and fun environment. The managers are nice and very active minded, which made the process more fun and informal. We all took turns answering and it flowed well.

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Met at a park for a group interview. Wore Lululemon clothing borrowed from a friend. I was the first one to arrive, all others were late. Interesting questions like what do you do to sweat? What would your friends say about you. Left not sure how I did. Followed up with them then got a second interview. Another set of interesting questions - Why am I different than the typical person? Where do I like to shop and why? Did not feel great about it. Did not get a call - just a form letter telling me that they went with someone else. They never told me the pay or the discount offered.

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

The questions are a mix of personality and experiences. I went on 3 interviews over the course of 3 weeks. Each one seemed to go really well. Very casual interviews (i.e. yoga class, coffee, etc). I was told that I seemed to be a goal oriented person (which they seemed to love in the interview as they even said they are a goal oriented company). I was not offered the job. I was told that they already had enough goal oriented people at the time but to keep in contact for potential hiring after the holidays.

Interview Questions
    • What is your spirit animal?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to give negative feedback to a supervisor and the results.   Answer Question