lululemon

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.5

Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Very informal group interview. My interview was with about 7 other applicants and two of the key leaders from the store. They asked us a few questions and we all just answered in whatever order we wanted to. They also said that we didn't have to answer every question, but of course everyone did. They also explained the basics of the company and the job and then ended with the opportunity for us to ask them questions. Both key leaders were super nice, easy to talk to, and very willing to answer all of our questions honestly. It was really clear they both LOVE their job.

PS. Still waiting to hear back, so ignore the "no offer" part of my review. Just had to select one and didn't want to jinx it ;-)

Interview Questions
    • Icebreaker: What is one thing you are excited about this year?   Answer Question
    • What is one experience that you have had either giving or receiving feedback?   Answer Question
    • Why lululemon?   Answer Question
    • What is something you are passionate about or skilled in that you would like to bring to or use in your work with lululemon?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite way to sweat?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

First I had a group interview at a local yoga studio. I met a super nice group of people who were all really excited about the company. We were asked many of the questions from the online application and then follow-up questions on those. I was asked how you like to sweat and where. Overall it was a comfortable atmosphere and more interesting questions than other interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    • What is a goal you have in the next year?   View Answer

Educator Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

Very laid back. It was a group interview they said to dress very casual. Work out shorts and a t shirt. We went to a yoga studio and took a class as a group and then sat down afterwards and did the group interview nothing serious.

Interview Questions
    Nothing much to negotiate just explained the benefits/perks of the job

Key Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in February 2015.

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks to hear back from someone. Then they invited me to a group interview, it took place at a whole foods grocery store near the lulu location I applied for. It's a comfortable casual interview, for a position like educator or key leader your best bet would be to wear something lululemon. The interviewer got back to us quick with an answer to whether or not we go the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a mistake you made, and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

I applied online and received an invitation for a group interview the same day. The manager who conducted the interview was very friendly. We sat on the floor (on the yoga mats), and she spoke about herself and the educator position, after that she asked us to introduce ourselves.

She made a few specif questions such as: Tell me about your future goals? Whatever you answer, make sure not use "I will" or "I want" say I AM... Ex: I AM a college graduate in 2016, I am an yoga teacher in 2017. They look for these little things.

She also asked to tell her a situation that I had to go above and beyond for someone. I explained about a situation when I inspired someone to overcome a difficult situation. I was not prepare for this question, but I answered. Definitely say that you shop at Lululemon, and make sure to know their mission statement and history.

I am an yoga teacher, but this fact did not make any difference. They have their own culture and are interested if you fit their standards. I thought i did well, I said about how they connect with the community and elevate people. I also made sure to answer all the questions. I am a marketing undergraduate and used my business knowledge, but unfortunately for some reason I did not get the position. I got a thank you "but no" e-mail.

I were black leggings and black sweater . Colorful sneakers.

Just do your best, and cross your fingers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you had to go above and beyond for someone?   View Answers (2)

Seasonal Educator Interview

Great interview, a lot of vague questions but typical life goal questions. A few different interviews, a few group interviews, a few one on one very casual interviews. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
    • describe a time you've gotten negative feedback and how did you fix it   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

A current employee got me the interview at lululemon, I submitted the online application and was asked to come in a couple days later to the Group Interview. I for personally love group interviews! It helps see where you fall in comparison to the other applicants, also gives more time to construct a well thought answer and hear from others. That being said, the interview was VERY informal, which was nice. We all sat on yoga mats on the floor, 3 employees (One educator, one key leader, and the ASM) and there was 6 people applying for the job or at least in my interview.

Very get to know you type questions, asked a few personal and Goal oriented questions (Lululemon is BIG on goals and vision) so that is important.

Group interview was fairly short, at the end they asked us to write down one other person in the interview that we that would be good at the job. My choice didn't get hired...

A couple days later I received a phone call and then email with an offer, a few days later I was in the office going through HR processing and then a couple weeks later we started training and now currently working on the floor!

From initial submission to my first day on the floor was about 1 month.

No, Base pay $12/hr

Lululemon Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

Very easy going, its all about the culture fit. You sit in a circle, talk about goals, how you like to work out, very casual conversation. Its all about law of attraction here--they can tell within a half hour of a group interview who is the most charismatic, athletic, goal oriented, etc. and thats usually who they go with. Then, you have a 1-1 interview with the store manager and thats it.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to talk about your one year, five year, and 10 year goals.   Answer Question

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in December 2014.

Lululemon sent me an email on Thursday to come in for a group interview the following Tuesday. It started at 7:30am. The assistant manager and 2 key leaders led the interview. They took turns asking questions. Questions included "What is different about working for Lululemon?", "If you could go on a trip with anybody to anywhere with who and where would you go?", "What's a time you made a mistake at a job and how did you fix it?". I was contacted a week later for a phone interview.

Lululemon Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon.

I was contacted for my interview strictly through email. When given a few dates and times to choose from I replied back with my selection. A few days prior to the interview I received an email stating they are no longer looking to fill the position I was interested in. Common courtesy, pick up the phone a make a call. The whole process lacked a personal feel. It felt very systematic.