lululemon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.5

Educator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

We did 45 minutes of yoga before our interview and then broke off into groups for the interview questions. Questions included: what would you change about lululemon, what are 3 words to describe yourself, and what is a recent goal you accomplished. Fun group of people!

I don't know yet

Sales Associate/Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

Group interview, easy questions...laid back and fun environment. The managers are nice and very active minded, which made the process more fun and informal. We all took turns answering and it flowed well.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Bait and switch! I applied for the assistant manager position and then got invited to the "group interview session." In order to prepare, I read thru some of the interview descriptions here on glass door and found them mostly to be negative - and now I know why! Pretty much all of the reviews said that they applied for the assistant manager, got asked to a group interview session, then after the interview session was told that the assistant manager position was filled and all they were hiring for was part time! I didn't want this to happen to me so I called in before the interview to verify the interview date and time. I also asked the store manager that I wanted to check and make sure the group interview was for the assistant manager position, which is what I applied for, and she said no! That position was filled! The group interview is for part time educators only! Talk about the ultimate bait and switch! This is one of the shaddiest and shittiest hiring practices I've ever seen or heard of. If a company is ok with this during hiring, what are they ok with doing once you're hired?

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

I filled out an online application, the next day I received a group invitation. It said to dress casually (they really mean it.) The group interview was at starbucks and I arrived 15 mins early, it was supposed to be with six other people, but only two of us showed up. So while we thought these other people showed up me, the manager and another girl who was there to get interviewed were just talking casually. So by the time the actual interview was going it didn't feel like an interview at all, we were doing popcorn style. The questions she asked were, tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you gave feedback, tell me a time when you thought you had failed but in the end it did something for the better. She made us fill out the availability paper, And I was waiting on my ride so I had an extra time to talk to her. Then the next day another manager emailed me and said "so and so really loved getting to know you and I would love to get to know you" and it was the next day was the one on one interview. She wasn't all that nice got to the questions, and she repeated the questions, when's the last time you gave feedback, another question was when was a time that you had to tell someone no, or something like that, then she asked what's the ideal manager to you and she just made me uncomfortable so I knew I didn't do so well. But I didn't hear from her the next day and a few days later I got a rejection email. :(

Interview Questions
    • Something difficult was you had to impress two managers at different times.   Answer Question

Lululemon Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Process took about a week for them to email you from applying to having you come in. Overall, it was a group interview and very informal. We sat on the floor and talked about life experiences, where we were, where are we going, why lululemon. They try to feel if you are lululemon material. Dress code was very informal. Some people wore jeans and cute blouses, others wore lululemon outfit, others wore workout clothes with sneakers. No one had business profesionall clothes on (suit, tie,jacket, heels, etc.)

Educator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Starts off with a group interview which is pretty easy, just make sure that you stand out. Will ask you questions about giving and receiving feedback and what your goals are. They are mostly conceptual questions to get a feel of what kind of person you are. They will also ask you what sports/activities you like. Then you'll get a one on one or sweat interview and depending on how you do you will have to do another interview or you will be done there.

Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

Hired through a referral. Met in person with the SM for first interview. Talked about life goals and visions for the future. Second interview was with the ASM. We met in person and talked more about the same things. Started working soon after

No negotiation

Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

I received an email for an invitation to a group interview. I was expecting maybe five or so of us, but ended up interviewing along with 11 other candidates. I didn't particularly care for the nature of the interview, given that they asked silly questions & expected to remember what each one of us answered (they weren't writing everything down). I did like that they asked us what we'd suggest to improve the company if we were able to sit face-to-face with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were opening up for a Jay-Z concert using one song, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at lululemon.

First, I applied online and instead of waiting for a phone call, I went into the local store and introduced myself to one of the Managers. The Manager took my email and invited myself to a group interview with 4 other candidates. The group interview is a very casual, relaxed interview where we all sit on the floor and talk about our experiences in fitness/goal setting. Sample questions - what do you do to sweat, when did you receive difficult feedback, what is one strength and one weakness.

Within the hour, I was invited back for a 1:1 interview with the Store Manager the next morning. The Store Manager gave me an offer after the conversation. Sample interview questions - why lulu, what should lulu add/change, when did you develop someone, what are 3 strengths.

TIPS:
    wear lululemon clothes (seriously)
    speak first, for most of the questions
    research the company mission, goals, community events and use the values in your answers
    have a set answer for why lululemon
    have a set answer for difficult feedback (from a teacher or boss)
    have a set answer for a yearly goal (something measurable)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at lululemon.

I applied online. Never heard anything back. I called store 1 month later and they said they were having a group interview tonight and to come in. I could not make it and they said they will look up my application and send me an invite via email to next group interview. I got the invite via email and showed up to the interview. The interviewer seemed to like more answers focused on family (husband, child, etc). I am single and have no desire to start a family so I felt that my answers couldn't satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What store do you most like to shop at? Favorite job?   View Answer