lululemon

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at lululemon.

I applied online. Never heard anything back. I called store 1 month later and they said they were having a group interview tonight and to come in. I could not make it and they said they will look up my application and send me an invite via email to next group interview. I got the invite via email and showed up to the interview. The interviewer seemed to like more answers focused on family (husband, child, etc). I am single and have no desire to start a family so I felt that my answers couldn't satisfy the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • What store do you most like to shop at? Favorite job?   View Answer

Lululemon Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Filled out an online application. Went into the store on my own accord to introduce myself and say hi. The staff is extremely bright, professional, and welcoming. Went on a sweat date to a yoga class and then out for a coffee at Starbucks. The interview was very relaxed and friendly however I did feel like my interviewer knew exactly what she was looking for and would have had no problem turning down anyone who wasn't exactly in line with what lululemon stands for as a company. Be positive and friendly and know how to sweat. This is a really forward thinking company that is exciting to be a part of. You do sort of need to drink the kool aid though, but it is such high quality product that it goes down easy!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, hourly offered and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

Definitely make sure to wear their product. Be casual because you may have to sit on the floor. The interview is very informal and seems more like a group of friends talking about their favorite things. Make sure to speak first if you're in a group interview! They ask the typical questions you'd expect, such as "what is your 1-year plan," "what's the best thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "what's the worst thing your past fellow employees would say about you?," "What is your favorite mantra on the bag?" etc.

Interview Questions

I got a better job offer.

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

I applied online, and received on invite for a group interview a few months later. The interview was inform, the interviewer was very nice. You may have to wait to be interview so be patient and flexible.

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

There were 2 interviews held for this part time educator position. The first interview was a group interview.

My group consisted of at least 10 interviewees. To my surprise, most candidates were like myself... they were overachieving and intellegent college graduates. We went around in a circle and they asked us questions like "why lululemon?". They had also requested us by email when they asked us to come in to prepare a 2 minute talk/ teach about ANYTHING. One girl brought her skateboard into show how to wrap a deck of a skate board. One girl taught us about the 10 uses of coconut oil. Another girl brought in yogurt and nuts and berries to share and told us that eating healthy helped her lose her baby weight. Another girl showed us how to make a fashion beaded bracelet. These were very unique and interesting things, but I could tell the interviewers were a slightly annoyed because these girls loved to talk and went way over 2 minutes...without considering they were being rude. The interviewers had to remind some of the women to wrap it up multiple times. One girl came unprepared and was not present at the 2nd interview. She directly read off her phone and informed us about the benefits of water. She couldn't get internet service for a bit so it was awkward. Overall, at least 1/2 of the women that showed up for the group interview were self proclaimed personal trainers or yoga teachers. The store manager and assistant manager were the only interviewers present. Later that day, the store manager sent us an email either notifying us if we were invited back to a second interview or not.

The second interview was called a "group sweat" interview. We were asked to wear athletic clothes and be prepared to work out. We met at yoga studio near the store and ended up walking to some tennis courts. I am decently in shape (I work out 5-6 times a week), I attend barre classes and walk my dogs. This workout was circuit/ cross fit style and was very difficult. I was sweating a lot and it was pretty challenging. The other girls that showed up (4-5) were pretty athletic and I couldn't imagine a girl that was relatively out of shape completing the group sweat. I am not sure why they put you through such a challenging work out.. maybe they want to see if you're going to give up and how you deal with persistence. Maybe its to weed out people? At the interview, there were around 4 other employees that were educators and team leaders and the assistant manager was there. After our circuit exercises, they had us pair up with one of the employees to do pair exercises. We passed medicine balls to each other and did tandem sit ups. During this time, the employees would ask us questions and tried to get to know us. I was pleasantly surprised that all the current workers were very welcoming and genuinely nice. I had a really good experience. As we left, they said they would notify us if they wanted to offer a position. I wasn't sure if i would make the cut because there were so many girls there and they were all qualified and over achieving.

Interview Questions
    • A two-minute demonstration to educate the group on anything of your choice (there are no boundaries, be creative, show us a bit about you!)   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. Unfortunately, they had certain "black out" dates that were installed and I will not be able to go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. This contract was for temporary employment until after the holiday season. They said there was possible opportunity to stay with the company after the holiday period if we performed well during this time. The manager said she would individually interview us and determine if we could stay. Temporary employees DO receive discounts on clothing, but do not receive any company benefits.

Educator Interview

Applied online and a couple weeks later got an email to a group interview. There were only two of us applying that showed up. The other gal wore casual formal wear and I dressed in Lululemon. For the most part the interview was to gauge your personality and see if you would be a good fit and vice versa. After we were done I went back to the store to look around and the other gal left. I was offered the job before leaving!

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fitness based/goal oriented, our general interests and how we faced challenges etc. It was a casual interview where we took turns answering the questions. Nothing was out of the normal.   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon in September 2014.

Apply as you would with any regular position (via the internet), received an email response for an interview 3 days later, interview was day after I got an email response. Altogether very pleasurable experience, manager and assistant manager were incredibly nice...and yes we did sit on yoga mats. My advice would be don't dress up in any business attire for this interview. I came in in slacks and a button down while the other 2 were wearing yoga attire (which seemed much more appropriate than what I was wearing). Expected behavioral interview questions, and try to be the first to answer, they seemed to like that. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a recent acquaintance that you turned into a relationship?   View Answer

Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

group interview. After applying online they send invitations to group interviews.great interview process. I thought the interview questions were fun and interesting. It is a different interview process than normal but I think its great!

Retail Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

after submitting a resume online I was sent an email with two possible dates to choose from to come in for a group interview. I let them know which worked best from me and was told to dress in yoga clothing and meet at the store. The group interview was held outside and consisted of 10 others interested in the position, most of whom were still in college. The current store manager read off of a list of pre-made questions and went through each of us with a different question. Following the group interview I was called to meet with the manager and store manager for a yoga class in the area and a one-on-one coffee and second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult piece of feedback that you received and how did you respond?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Met at the store, everyone in group interview dressed in lulu/gym attire. Went to a park for the key leader and assistant store manager to conduct interview. Only 3 questions were asked, it was extremely easy! If you look over all the interview questions on this site, you will be fully prepared for the interview! Just act outgoing or point out creative, active, community-involvement strengths since that is what they're asking for (I asked them at the end of the interview).

Interview Questions
    • When did you give someone criticism and how did they take it?   Answer Question
    None