lululemon

Average Difficulty
199 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at lululemon in January 2013.

Interview Details – First there is a group interview you will be invited to upon submitting your resume online. It is extremely casual and they typical ask questions about your favorite way to sweat. The meaty stuff is how do you deal with setbacks or failures and what did you learn from this. Another top one is when was the last time you gave feedback.

Interview Question – When was the last time you failed at something and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – I applied for the assistant manager position and was brought in to interview as an educator, though I was never informed that I was being considered for the educator role. When I addressed the confusion, they didn't respond to me for a week. Once they did, they told me they were not hiring assistant managers and decided not to move forward with me. Ultimately I felt the management staff was intimidated by me because they were young, inexperienced and unprofessional. Though I read about this dynamic in other reviews, I was still surprised to find the store was managed by under qualified, very young 20 somethings that didn't even practice yoga!

Interview Question – If you were a kitchen appliance, what would you be?   Answer Question

Saint Paul, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at lululemon in May 2014.

Interview Details – Attended group interview which was casual. We sat on the floor and talked about our goals, how we worked out, why we wanted to work at lulu, and to show energy and attitude all told jokes or did dance moves.

Interview Questions

Keyleader Interview

Keyleader
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at lululemon in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process starts with a hand selected batch of applicants for a group interview. Caution, you've got to speak UP in the group in order to make an impression. Management often conducts many group interviews before they find their vision of an ideal applicant so come prepared to let your voice and your interest in "why lululemon" be heard.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you failed professionally and how you overcame it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on salary or expectations. Take it or leave it.

Sales Educator Interview

Sales Educator

Interviewed at lululemon

Interview Details – Fun group interview and a yoga class! We sat in a circle and took turns answering some normal retail interview questions and also talked about our personal current/future goals for work/life/health.

Interview Question – what is your favorite type of yoga?   View Answer

Sales Educator Interview

Sales Educator

Interviewed at lululemon

Interview Details – The interview was not difficult, but extremely detailed. Many questions were repeatedly asked. Mainly focused on goals and company history. It was extremely informal. Had it outside of a starbucks with two interviewers.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult, but after listing many goals you kind of run out of goals to list.   Answer Question

Lululemon Educator Interview

Lululemon Educator
Carlsbad, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at lululemon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Going online is the only way to get into the system but I do recommend that you get involved with the store's community classes or run club if you'd like to stand out.

First step go online and fill out the position you want.

Second get involved with the classes or run club.

Third bring your resume into the store. This is after you put it in online and make good conversation about anything athletic with the manager so that they can remember you. (They are looking for people who will not only be good at helping guests in the store but also someone who will exercise out in the community...they will pay for you to exercise at least once a week as a benefit to working there.

Fourth you'll be asked to do a group interview. In these group interviews they usually ask you to prepare something that you can present... Something that you are "best in the world at". This can be anything from showing how to do a proper pushup, a proper golf swing, making guacamole etc. I would bring a prop or prepare something that shows you aren't just winging it.

Again be very positive.

You might be asked to have a few more 1x1 interviews with senior Key Leaders or Managers and maybe even asked to go on a "sweat date" with them where they will take you to a workout class and watch how friendly you are with the people you interact and see how you are at trying new classes.

After that they'll either hire you via phone call... they do call at least one reference and they also do background checks so make sure that whomever you put on the references is someone who thinks highly of you.

Interview Question – What gets you up in the morning?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Store Manager will call you and let you know that they want to hire you. Then they will tell you what they'd like to start you at. It all depends on how well you did in the interview but they pay really well for retail with a base pay and commissions per day as well as per month. The commissions are not personal but come if the store is making their goals for the day/ month.

Lululemon Educator Interview

Lululemon Educator
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – was emailed and asked to come to a casual interview which was In the floor and I was surrounded by teenagers in yoga clothing. Was passed on to the next interview which was at whole foods where I was with two fellow interviewee's which already had part time jobs, while I did not. Yet I was NOT to continue with the interview process. I think it was a personality "thing" I strongly feel the interviewer stereotyped me from the moment I walked in. I don't shop there and never will... ATHLETA FO LIFE!

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in ten years   View Answer

Part Time Educator Interview

Part Time Educator

I applied online and interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online and was invited to an interview almost immediately after. The interview was casual, with a very friendly Assistant Manager and 5 other applicants. I had been to another group interview about 2 years ago so I knew what to expect. The others seemed nice but didn't quite fit the bill. No one was wearing lululemon, and they weren't super passionate about the clothes or yoga. They all seemed like nice people, but perhaps not the peppy, happy-go-lucky girl lululemon seeks. I got a really good vibe from the interview and felt pretty good about it.

I was invited to a one-on-one via email the following day. The one-on-one was a little more awkward I guess. We met at a coffeeshop and she asked some really personal questions about my goals, philosophy about life, etc. It was actually kind of enlightening...but I didn't feel that confident about it. Sort of felt like I was rambling on and coming off kind of desperate :/

I was offered a job just a few days later

Tips: make eye contact and SMILE; wear lulu; talk about feedback, and your willingness to both receive it graciously and give it to others; make it CLEAR that you enjoy whatever sport/yoga you enjoy; don't focus too much on the clothes...they want to see if you fit in with the community

Interview Question – Questions involving feedback were most difficult: Give an example of a time when you gave a manager feedback (eek weird question!) How have you adapted to feedback in the past? How have you elevated someone from mediocrity to greatness?   Answer Question

Educator

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at lululemon in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went to the beach for a group interview which consisted of about 8-10 interviewers. They asked a few questions that lasted an hour. I got an email saying they wanted to meet with me again. Ended up not getting the job

Interview Question – A time when you had conflict with a group and how you handled it.   Answer Question