lululemon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.5

Educator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

I was invited to a group interview with about 12 other girls an it was a nightmare. We interviewed speed dating style and there was not enough time to actually get to know any of the candidates.

Educator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

We did 45 minutes of yoga before our interview and then broke off into groups for the interview questions. Questions included: what would you change about lululemon, what are 3 words to describe yourself, and what is a recent goal you accomplished. Fun group of people!

I don't know yet

Sales Associate/Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

Group interview, easy questions...laid back and fun environment. The managers are nice and very active minded, which made the process more fun and informal. We all took turns answering and it flowed well.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Group interview with 6-12 other candidates. If you don't have the "inside scoop" from a store employee, you will not know about the scheduled group interview unless you are prepared to get an email within 2 days of the interview--which will be before store opens with 2 employees of 2 Asst mgrs or Mgr with assistant. Be prepared to sit on yoga mats without allot of room (can get shifty on floor). The more interviewees, the fewer the questions. All answer same questions. Most definitely wear LLL attire or forget it.

Interview Questions
    • See reviews, all the same. Be prepared to demonstrate or "teach" something 1-2 min long.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

The interview process was a lot of fun that it almost didn't even feel like an interview. Dress comfy and casual because you will be sitting on yoga mats outside for the entire interview. Well, when I had the interview that's how it was. The managers were super friendly!

Interview Questions
    • They definitely will ask why did you choose lulu?   View Answer

Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

This process was very long over the course of many weeks with very poor communication skills from employees or interviewers. I had to reach out many times or update the personal in charge of each interview on steps that already took place. Completely unprofessional and complete lack of consideration of my time. In the end, I heard from another employee out randomly at a bar that I was not hired because the manager was unsure if I already worked at the United Nations currently. To clarify, she thought this because she asked in the interview what my dream job would be in the future, i.e. to work for the United Nations. The fact that this was misunderstood to the point where I was not hired after 5 stages of interviews and the complete lack of respect/ professionalism for other employees to think that is the reason a possible employee was not hired exemplified this company's standards.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a point where I gave negative feedback to a boss? And how was it handled?   Answer Question

Educator Interview

I filled out an online application, the next day I received a group invitation. It said to dress casually (they really mean it.) The group interview was at starbucks and I arrived 15 mins early, it was supposed to be with six other people, but only two of us showed up. So while we thought these other people showed up me, the manager and another girl who was there to get interviewed were just talking casually. So by the time the actual interview was going it didn't feel like an interview at all, we were doing popcorn style. The questions she asked were, tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you gave feedback, tell me a time when you thought you had failed but in the end it did something for the better. She made us fill out the availability paper, And I was waiting on my ride so I had an extra time to talk to her. Then the next day another manager emailed me and said "so and so really loved getting to know you and I would love to get to know you" and it was the next day was the one on one interview. She wasn't all that nice got to the questions, and she repeated the questions, when's the last time you gave feedback, another question was when was a time that you had to tell someone no, or something like that, then she asked what's the ideal manager to you and she just made me uncomfortable so I knew I didn't do so well. But I didn't hear from her the next day and a few days later I got a rejection email. :(

Interview Questions
    • Something difficult was you had to impress two managers at different times.   Answer Question

Lululemon Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Process took about a week for them to email you from applying to having you come in. Overall, it was a group interview and very informal. We sat on the floor and talked about life experiences, where we were, where are we going, why lululemon. They try to feel if you are lululemon material. Dress code was very informal. Some people wore jeans and cute blouses, others wore lululemon outfit, others wore workout clothes with sneakers. No one had business profesionall clothes on (suit, tie,jacket, heels, etc.)

Seasonal Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Met at a park for a group interview. Wore Lululemon clothing borrowed from a friend. I was the first one to arrive, all others were late. Interesting questions like what do you do to sweat? What would your friends say about you. Left not sure how I did. Followed up with them then got a second interview. Another set of interesting questions - Why am I different than the typical person? Where do I like to shop and why? Did not feel great about it. Did not get a call - just a form letter telling me that they went with someone else. They never told me the pay or the discount offered.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Received a call from assistant manager. She asked me if I am interested in seasonal educator position. And told me, that store manager will call me back. However, when I received store manager's call, she told me that they not hiring right now