lululemon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I was sent an invitation to come to a group interview. It was pretty informal (we sat on the floor) and they asked typical questions about work history, skills, interests, etc. But there were some unique questions like "What's your favorite way to sweat?" and "When was the last time you laughed at yourself?" Brownie points if you mention the quality of their products when talking about why you want to work there, because that's a real point of pride for them.

Lululemon Educator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Longest process ever. Applied online and got invited to come in for a group interview. Stupid questions at the group interview and then got asked to come back on for a one on one with the manager of the store. Said they would call me within the next week and I never heard back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have given feedback to someone   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Group Interview of around 20 people. Try not to be first in line so that you have time to think about your answer. I got stuck going second and the questions were difficult to come up with on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If you could spend one day doing whatever you wanted, what would it be?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Bait and switch! I applied for the assistant manager position and then got invited to the "group interview session." In order to prepare, I read thru some of the interview descriptions here on glass door and found them mostly to be negative - and now I know why! Pretty much all of the reviews said that they applied for the assistant manager, got asked to a group interview session, then after the interview session was told that the assistant manager position was filled and all they were hiring for was part time! I didn't want this to happen to me so I called in before the interview to verify the interview date and time. I also asked the store manager that I wanted to check and make sure the group interview was for the assistant manager position, which is what I applied for, and she said no! That position was filled! The group interview is for part time educators only! Talk about the ultimate bait and switch! This is one of the shaddiest and shittiest hiring practices I've ever seen or heard of. If a company is ok with this during hiring, what are they ok with doing once you're hired?

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at lululemon in October 2014.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview with about 12 other girls an it was a nightmare. We interviewed speed dating style and there was not enough time to actually get to know any of the candidates.

Educator Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

We did 45 minutes of yoga before our interview and then broke off into groups for the interview questions. Questions included: what would you change about lululemon, what are 3 words to describe yourself, and what is a recent goal you accomplished. Fun group of people!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't know yet

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon.

Interview

Group interview, easy questions...laid back and fun environment. The managers are nice and very active minded, which made the process more fun and informal. We all took turns answering and it flowed well.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at lululemon (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview with 6-12 other candidates. If you don't have the "inside scoop" from a store employee, you will not know about the scheduled group interview unless you are prepared to get an email within 2 days of the interview--which will be before store opens with 2 employees of 2 Asst mgrs or Mgr with assistant. Be prepared to sit on yoga mats without allot of room (can get shifty on floor). The more interviewees, the fewer the questions. All answer same questions. Most definitely wear LLL attire or forget it.

Interview Questions

• See reviews, all the same. Be prepared to demonstrate or "teach" something 1-2 min long.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a lot of fun that it almost didn't even feel like an interview. Dress comfy and casual because you will be sitting on yoga mats outside for the entire interview. Well, when I had the interview that's how it was. The managers were super friendly!

Interview Questions

• They definitely will ask why did you choose lulu?   1 Answer

Floor Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

This process was very long over the course of many weeks with very poor communication skills from employees or interviewers. I had to reach out many times or update the personal in charge of each interview on steps that already took place. Completely unprofessional and complete lack of consideration of my time. In the end, I heard from another employee out randomly at a bar that I was not hired because the manager was unsure if I already worked at the United Nations currently. To clarify, she thought this because she asked in the interview what my dream job would be in the future, i.e. to work for the United Nations. The fact that this was misunderstood to the point where I was not hired after 5 stages of interviews and the complete lack of respect/ professionalism for other employees to think that is the reason a possible employee was not hired exemplified this company's standards.

Interview Questions

• Was there a point where I gave negative feedback to a boss? And how was it handled?   Answer Question