lululemon Key Leader Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

One interview with the leadership/management team. You should have your goals clear and in writing to present. It is of course ideal if you plan to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Key Leader Interview

Interview

Way too long. 4 interviews for a low paying job. First interview is with a group, the second interview was over a sweat session, the third interview was face to face and the 4th interview was again face to face and a bit silly. Be patient if you really want to get in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at lululemon (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 step interview process. The first was a group interview and the second was a one-on-one. Was informed that they were interviewing for both Key Leader and Educator positions. The questions asked during the group interview were the same questions on the job application website. The one-on-one was more tailored toward how the interviewee would best fit a leadership role.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to sweat?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between customer service and guest experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of when you had to give feedback?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of when you had to take feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was actually downgraded from a full-time key leader position to a full-time educator position to a part-time educator position. Not sure how that happened.

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Huntersville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks to hear back from someone. Then they invited me to a group interview, it took place at a whole foods grocery store near the lulu location I applied for. It's a comfortable casual interview, for a position like educator or key leader your best bet would be to wear something lululemon. The interviewer got back to us quick with an answer to whether or not we go the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made, and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Interview

First phase you need to fill the online application. ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. This is followed by a group interview if selected and then another follow up interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult piece of feedback that you received and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied online to one store, was offered a group interview (via email), but I was still finishing school and wasn't able to attend. He suggested I apply to another location, so I did. It took about a month for them to call me, but I went in for an interview with the assistant manager and another employee. They asked me similar questions to the 11 online application questions. I totally thought I nailed it. One thing I thought was strange, is that online I applied for a regular sales associate position, but during the interview they told me the job description for the Key Leader...ultimately they didn't call me but the only thing I can think of is I didn't have a completely open schedule, as I also teach fitness classes (didn't think that would be a negative for them!). I emailed them asking for feedback, but like others, got no response. Kinda disappointing... Also, I was worried about what to wear and after some researching, wearing lulu is your best bet :) they say "dress casual"

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Durham, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invite to a group interview, in the group interview I was in I felt like I was the only one with any retail experience ( I am also a very active person) , was told we would hear by the following week whether they wanted to move forward or if they were interested in other candidates, never heard anything back, followed up to see if they had made any decisions and never received a courtesy follow up reply which is not very professional

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you have set for yourself for the upcoming year. (personal, health, or professional)   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at lululemon in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online then 2 days later they called to set up an interview I met with 2 asst managers at a nearby cafe. They asked about past employment and why do I want to work there and what can I bring to the team. The store is nice they like of you mention products by name. Also feedback from co workers and customers is a daily thing. I'm use to 6month review on how my performance is. I was invited to workout at a studio, then met with manager a day later. I was offered job but declined due to school schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do I sweat - it is on the online app and they asked me How do I sweat in interview. I don't think they get a copy of online application   1 Answer

There would have been a scheduling conflict with school hours.

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at lululemon in October 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I recieved an email that night asking me to come to a group interview. I was very excited in the interest. However once I arrived they informed us all that they weren't hiring for the key leader position that I was expecting to interview for. Lululemon was only interviewing for part time seasonal positions. I was very disappointed for the simple fact that I am looking for a career not a part time seasonal job. I appreciated the interest and I continued with the interview and was asked back for a second interview the following day. I had other things to attend to that week so I was able to make it. I got an email asking to come in again for another interview. I didn't understand the intense interview process that was so unorganized, and last minute, and wasn't taken into consierdation of other peoples lives for just a part time seasonal position. I was very disappointed with the experince since it is such a respected and well known company.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you reached for a goal and failed at it? What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at lululemon (Wayne, PA).

Interview

I applied for the Key Leader role in July 2013 - I got a call back in August - I had my group interview which was a lot of fun - a few days later I had a coffee shop meeting with the Assistant Manager. My last interview was with Store Manager which went very well and I got an offer the following day - the entire process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a