lululemon Key Leader Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.4

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied online and got an email invitation about 2 weeks later for a group interview. They told us to "dress comfortably as you may be sitting on the floor" and from what I read on other Glass Door reviews I decided to buy some Lulu (at another store) because I didn't have any. I wore one of their tanks with a sweater, jewelry, and colorful leggings and looked cuter and more put together than the other girls there who were just wearing plain black Lulu pants and tshirts and ponytails. No effort at all. We sat on yoga mats in the store. An assistant manager and KL interviewed about 6-7 girls. We went around in a circle introducing ourselves and our "favorite way to sweat". Then they asked us questions and we just had to chime in our answers. It was hard to get a word in with so many people. Right off the bat I knew it would be bad because neither of those leaders had a clipboard or scrap paper or anything. How were they supposed to remember all of our names or take any notes? They asked us about our goals and "a time we received negative or difficult feedback" which I thought was ineffective as one of their only work-related questions because it highlighted our weaknesses and not our strengths. They did not talk about the role at all, or ask us about any work experience. It was very unprofessional. One girl at the interview had worked seasonally at another store, already knew all the brand's cultural jargon, and was super bubbly, so they probably picked her. I have 5 years of retail experience and some managerial experience, but obviously they care more about your "five year goals" and if you're decked out in their clothes. I asked a lot of questions in the end about the position, the timeline moving forward, the benefits of the company but they were brushed off quickly as we were "out of time". The next day they emailed me and said they chose someone else. The interview process was horrendous. If it had been a normal one-on-one interview I could have highlighted my experiences better.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for lululemon

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple process, the group interview was relaxed and informal. The interviewer seemed very concerned with finding someone who fit the lululemon image/brand, the questions were focused on personality and lifestyle and seemed to try to weed out applicants who were familiar with the lifestyle that lulu promotes. Definitely looking for a certain type of person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

One interview with the leadership/management team. You should have your goals clear and in writing to present. It is of course ideal if you plan to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year goals?   1 Answer

Key Leader Interview

Interview

Way too long. 4 interviews for a low paying job. First interview is with a group, the second interview was over a sweat session, the third interview was face to face and the 4th interview was again face to face and a bit silly. Be patient if you really want to get in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at lululemon (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 step interview process. The first was a group interview and the second was a one-on-one. Was informed that they were interviewing for both Key Leader and Educator positions. The questions asked during the group interview were the same questions on the job application website. The one-on-one was more tailored toward how the interviewee would best fit a leadership role.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to sweat?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between customer service and guest experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you give an example of when you had to give feedback?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of when you had to take feedback?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was actually downgraded from a full-time key leader position to a full-time educator position to a part-time educator position. Not sure how that happened.

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Huntersville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks to hear back from someone. Then they invited me to a group interview, it took place at a whole foods grocery store near the lulu location I applied for. It's a comfortable casual interview, for a position like educator or key leader your best bet would be to wear something lululemon. The interviewer got back to us quick with an answer to whether or not we go the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a mistake you made, and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Interview

First phase you need to fill the online application. ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS. This is followed by a group interview if selected and then another follow up interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult piece of feedback that you received and what did you do afterwards?   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at lululemon.

Interview

I applied online to one store, was offered a group interview (via email), but I was still finishing school and wasn't able to attend. He suggested I apply to another location, so I did. It took about a month for them to call me, but I went in for an interview with the assistant manager and another employee. They asked me similar questions to the 11 online application questions. I totally thought I nailed it. One thing I thought was strange, is that online I applied for a regular sales associate position, but during the interview they told me the job description for the Key Leader...ultimately they didn't call me but the only thing I can think of is I didn't have a completely open schedule, as I also teach fitness classes (didn't think that would be a negative for them!). I emailed them asking for feedback, but like others, got no response. Kinda disappointing... Also, I was worried about what to wear and after some researching, wearing lulu is your best bet :) they say "dress casual"

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon (Durham, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received an email invite to a group interview, in the group interview I was in I felt like I was the only one with any retail experience ( I am also a very active person) , was told we would hear by the following week whether they wanted to move forward or if they were interested in other candidates, never heard anything back, followed up to see if they had made any decisions and never received a courtesy follow up reply which is not very professional

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you have set for yourself for the upcoming year. (personal, health, or professional)   Answer Question

Key Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at lululemon in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online then 2 days later they called to set up an interview I met with 2 asst managers at a nearby cafe. They asked about past employment and why do I want to work there and what can I bring to the team. The store is nice they like of you mention products by name. Also feedback from co workers and customers is a daily thing. I'm use to 6month review on how my performance is. I was invited to workout at a studio, then met with manager a day later. I was offered job but declined due to school schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do I sweat - it is on the online app and they asked me How do I sweat in interview. I don't think they get a copy of online application   1 Answer

There would have been a scheduling conflict with school hours.