lululemon

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Key Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – I applied online to one store, was offered a group interview (via email), but I was still finishing school and wasn't able to attend. He suggested I apply to another location, so I did. It took about a month for them to call me, but I went in for an interview with the assistant manager and another employee. They asked me similar questions to the 11 online application questions. I totally thought I nailed it. One thing I thought was strange, is that online I applied for a regular sales associate position, but during the interview they told me the job description for the Key Leader...ultimately they didn't call me but the only thing I can think of is I didn't have a completely open schedule, as I also teach fitness classes (didn't think that would be a negative for them!). I emailed them asking for feedback, but like others, got no response. Kinda disappointing...
Also, I was worried about what to wear and after some researching, wearing lulu is your best bet :) they say "dress casual"

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Key Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at lululemon in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online then 2 days later they called to set up an interview I met with 2 asst managers at a nearby cafe. They asked about past employment and why do I want to work there and what can I bring to the team. The store is nice they like of you mention products by name. Also feedback from co workers and customers is a daily thing. I'm use to 6month review on how my performance is. I was invited to workout at a studio, then met with manager a day later. I was offered job but declined due to school schedule.

Interview Question – How do I sweat - it is on the online app and they asked me How do I sweat in interview. I don't think they get a copy of online application   View Answer

Reason for Declining – There would have been a scheduling conflict with school hours.

Key Leader

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at lululemon in October 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, I recieved an email that night asking me to come to a group interview. I was very excited in the interest. However once I arrived they informed us all that they weren't hiring for the key leader position that I was expecting to interview for. Lululemon was only interviewing for part time seasonal positions. I was very disappointed for the simple fact that I am looking for a career not a part time seasonal job. I appreciated the interest and I continued with the interview and was asked back for a second interview the following day. I had other things to attend to that week so I was able to make it. I got an email asking to come in again for another interview. I didn't understand the intense interview process that was so unorganized, and last minute, and wasn't taken into consierdation of other peoples lives for just a part time seasonal position. I was very disappointed with the experince since it is such a respected and well known company.

Interview Question – What is one way you reached for a goal and failed at it? What did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Wayne, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – I applied for the Key Leader role in July 2013 - I got a call back in August - I had my group interview which was a lot of fun - a few days later I had a coffee shop meeting with the Assistant Manager. My last interview was with Store Manager which went very well and I got an offer the following day - the entire process took 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your favorite way to sweat?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at lululemon in May 2013.

Interview Details – Group interview, dress in lulu/yoga wear! Went over what's important to the company, asked a series of questions and then said they were really only hiring for an educator position. I felt like I answered well and stood out, but I think they were looking for someone who fit the mold more.

Interview Question – If you could move your friends and family anywhere in the world, where would you move?   Answer Question

Key Leader

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at lululemon in February 2013.

Interview Details – Saw a job posting on a well known website and promptly applied that night. Received an email the next day and that was followed up by a group interview at a coffee shop. The second interview was taking a hot yoga class then we spoke for a while after the class. Then i went to Crossfit with another manager and that was also followed up by a conversation. 3 days later i was presented a offer and i gladly accepted. Overall the process took 2.5-3 weeks and I felt very informed the entire process.

Interview Question – What are your greatest strengths and what are your greatest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Key Leader

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at lululemon.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received an email inviting me to a group interview right away. After the group interview I was invited for a 1:1 interview at a local coffee shop. Following that interview, I was invited for a third interview, again 1:1 with the manager in charge of opening the new store. Start ti finish, it was about 5 weeks.

Interview Question – If you could do anything you wanted knowing that you would not fail, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

West Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at lululemon in June 2012.

Interview Details – I only had one interview. We sat on a bench down the street from the store. I was asked a lot of random and what I thought to be irrelevant. After the interwiew she told me she would contact me and let me know. She seemed disinterested in my answers throughout the interview and the questions seemed extremely scripted and subjective.

Interview Question – She asked me if I had unlimited financial resources, what would my ideal day be? It was hard to answer on the spot and I wasn't sure what the relevance was to the job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Key Leader

The process took a day - interviewed at lululemon in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is really easy. It begins with a group interview. If you don't fit their mold, you will not be called back. As simple as that. You could say everything right and if the interviewing manager doesn't think you have the look you will not be hired.

Interview Question – How do you sweat throughout the day.   View Answer

Worked for lululemon? Contribute to the Community!