macys.com Interview Questions

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at macys.com.

I applied online and received an email the next day to set up an interview. They asked about 10 standard interview questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes then they told me they filled all of their open positions but would "put me on the bench" incase anything else opened up.

Beauty/Cosmetics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at macys.com in February 2015.

Standard interview, generic questions. The job is not as easy as it seems online, very competitive to get hired. Also, even though online it says experience is not needed, there is a very low chance you"ll get hired without it. Dress professionally and talk about how important customer service is to you.

Associate Producer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at macys.com.

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by in-person interview. The recruiter, calling in from home that day, gave me a list of people I would speak with, which turned out not to quite match the list of people I actually spoke with. The senior person among the group left part way through the interview. One person asked mostly "tell me about a time when" questions and those went very well. Although they did not specify this, I got the feeling they wanted someone with a software engineering background (which I do not have). Following the in-person interview, the company has not contacted me in any way, even to tell me that they do not intend to make me an offer.

Cosmetic Sales Associate Origins Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macys By Mail, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macys By Mail, CT

I applied online – interviewed at macys.com in September 2014.

Filled out an application online, within a few days was asked to schedule an interview with cosmetics manager, met with her, asked very general customer service questions.. Very big on selling Macys cards.. Discussed availability. She and I got along very well so she told me that she was sending me along to the talent plus interview.. She told me it was going to be a 30-45 minute phone call and that I would be unable to read the person who was conducting the interview as they are coached to give no cues as to how the interviews are going. During the talent plus interview, their computer system was down and because of this the woman I spoke to just had to do an interview asking me the questions off of a paper (the old fashioned way as she worded it) once again very basic questions trying to gage your ability I handle customer service issues.. The best advice I have is to read all the talent plus questions and write your own response to all of them to prepare yourself so you have some sort of direction when talking. Don't feel weird about pausing to think before speaking, there will be long pauses and it is nothing to do with you personally, they are logging your response. After this interview I was scheduled to do an interview with the ae (account executive) for Origins. We met at a Starbucks and she asked me to tell her about myself and asked about my customer service skills.. Asked if I had any questions( your time to shine) I asked her what she thought it took to become a successful sales person, what opportunities there were for advancement within the company.. After that a few days later the cosmetics manager called me and offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you have had an argument with an employee or employer   Answer Question
    I was offered far more than anticipated, so there wasn't much negotiating

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at macys.com.

Initial phone interview then onsite interview that consisted of 3 rounds. The questions were a combination of job specific and behavior. When I left, 10 minutes later, I got a phone call saying that they would like to extend an offer. Quickest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    The bonus and benefits are almost non-existent. Negotiate for a higher base to cover these limitations.

Principal Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at macys.com in February 2014.

They have intermediate selection process starting from HR interview, technical phone screen, programming test followed by technical in person interview. After all if Macys would like to offer at all, there will be a director/ VP interview followed by compensation discussion/negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • They provided me a computer and informed the current problem they are facing. You have been given 15 minutes time to think of, followed by explain you approach.   View Answer
    Bonus they never give compulsory. In case of compensation is not upto the mark, you can ask for joining bonus from 10K to 15K approximately.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at macys.com.

Second time interviewing for position. Interview went well, people were nice, 0 feedback or response.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of situational what-ifs; likely related to current issues or system constraints.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at macys.com in November 2013.

Sent in my resume to the recruiter, had a 5 minute phone screening, then came in for on-site interview. Talked to two recruiters for an hour each, then had an hour long written test. The recruiters asked about past work experience and explained the companies environment.

Interview Questions
    • None, mostly basic questions about Java, SQL, Linux commands, and puzzle questions. One of the puzzle questions: you have 8 textbooks. They all weigh the same except one which is heavier. Using a balance scale only twice, find which textbook that weighs the heaviest.   View Answer

Coordinator, Marketing Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at macys.com in November 2013.

HR communication was a breeze. One set of interviews, easy, and casual.

Email, simple, and clean.

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at macys.com.

I met them at a career fair and was invited to an onsite interview. They gave me a problem sheet with Unix commands, Java code, what would you do scenarios, and some puzzle type questions. You have about a half hour to finish it. It isn't hard if you're familiar with every aspect of it but I was not so I ended up not finishing.

Interview Questions
    • If I remember correctly there was a brain teaser question about how to weight something using a some constraints (e.g. only weighting things 3 times, can't put this and that together, etc). I've seen it before but I didn't know it off the top of my head and didn't have time to think about it.   Answer Question