macys.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.5

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at macys.com.

Interview

A very basic, generic interview. Apply online, pick a time best for you (phone interview). They will call and ask very basic questions. If you pass, they will set up a time for a person to person interview. No need to bring in anything but yourself and your drivers I.D, social security card. More basic questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you were really stressed out but had to get the job done...how did you handle it?" "What are some of your weaknesses?" "Tell me about a time when you had multiple things to get accomplished? How did you priorities and how did you manage?"   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at macys.com (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was awesome I have a lot of experience in the position I applied for I was hired on the spot. Talked about the hours and the rate of pay. Had to do a background check of course came back good and then I officially was an employee and I'm looking forward to working at Macy's.

Interview Questions

• When was it a time you had to deal with an irritate customer,and how did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at macys.com (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a date, decided on a date yet he didn't give a specific time. Emailed him back yet nothing. Day of interview I couldn't wait around all day, sent another email. Finally a response yet he's going to be at the vet and not sure when he'll be out (Possibly 3). Got another email asking for my number since he'll be calling from his cell and is driving. With a set time he was late by 40 minutes. Discussed his dogs sickness in detail which was gross. Once the interview was done he was going to follow up Tuesday (interview Fri.). Didn't hear back so reached out myself... Got an automatic response email, gone for two weeks reach out to the other hiring managers. Hiring managers said position has been filled ever since. WASTE OF TIME! Not the first I've been down this road with the company!

Interview Questions

• What makes Macy's.com different from its other ecommerce competitors?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at macys.com (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a college recruiter via email after I had visited my university's career fair. After assessing my resume, they wanted a 30-min phone interview with me. Did well and they invited me to a two hour interview at their SF offices. I had 4 interviews back-to-back and got an offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience in dealing with difficult decisions (making recommendations to senior management, firing someone, performance reports)?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at macys.com (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

There are 2-3 interviews, as long as you look the part your hired. Once your called in the first time, the job is yours. Look the part and be friendly, eye contact, and all about numbers (sales, dollars, new credit, and all about making macys larger) your an asset.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a sells person?   3 Answers

Visual Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at macys.com (Huntington, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was not prepared. Didn't know I was coming and obviously didn't have my resume. Was very vague. I felt I was interviewing him. He actual had to ask one of his associates if the position was open. He was clueless.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at macys.com (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. The interview was schedule for the following week. Some one random interviewed me. She had no idea about what I was applying for or what the Clinique Manager would look for. I am a self-taught makeup artist so she told me they would like someone with professional experience. So I left. Then I got a call from the Manager of the cosmetics dept. at Macys. He scheduled me for a second interview. I did well so he told me I'll be receiving a call from talent plus soon. I had that interview Friday so I am still waiting to hear back from Macys.

Interview Questions

• They will ask questions about sales.   2 Answers

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at macys.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with the HR recruiter. Pretty standard questions i.e. tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, what experiences do you have with Excel, SQL, modeling. 2. Phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked situational questions as well as the usual resume specific questions (tell me about this job) 3. Case study project sent from the hiring manager, with 3 days to complete it. Given 2 years of traffic, orders, and sales data, forecast how these metrics will look for the current year. Half way through the current year, a new marketing tactic will be introduced, how will this impact the forecast? Describe the methodology used and sources of information. Lastly, what data is missing that will help with forecast accuracy? Send the project back to the hiring manager the day before the in person interview and discuss the findings during the interviews. 4. 5 rounds of in person interviews (30 min each) - HR, hiring manager, team member, another marketing manager, VP of marketing. result: after a long and detailed process, including lots of effort into the project, I got no response from HR or anyone at Macys. After reaching out a few times via email, and even phone (I couldn't leave a message because the HR personnel's voicemail was full), I still got nothing. My friend works for Macy's, and referred me to the job. I've had to nudge my friend a few times to contact HR for me (and she's in HR so it was easy to go over there to nudge the recruiter). I realize Macy's is a large company with plenty to get done, but it 's pretty disappointing when there is no closure. And also disrespectful. If I were HR, I'd at least inform the candidate that they weren't a good fit or make up some story rather than leaving them hanging. It's called follow through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? asked by each person interviewing me. Tell me your approach to this project. What is one word your coworkers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

EDP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at macys.com (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy going. Recruiters from Macys came to my university and had two rounds of information sessions. In order to advance to the second information session, you had to be invited by the recruiter to participate. After the second information session, a majority of the candidates were invited to the one-on-one on campus interview. If you pass that interview, they will get in contact with you to attend an on-site interview which is also the final interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at macys.com (Orland Park, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day to set up an interview. They asked about 10 standard interview questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes then they told me they filled all of their open positions but would "put me on the bench" incase anything else opened up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Macy's?   1 Answer