marketRx

Very Difficult Interview

Business Associate Interview

Business Associate
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at marketRx in August 2011.

Interview Details – One phone interview with 2 people on the other end. (One as a Sr. Associate (SA)and One Engagement Manager (EM))

Was called for onsite interview after a week. Onsite interview consisted of three interviews

1) With an SA and EM
2) With an SA and EM
3) With Associate Principal (AP) of the company

Interview was mostly based on testing my willingness to work hard and to see how passionate I am about working at this company. Communication played a major role. Make eye contacts and speak clearly.

Questions were like:
Round 1 and 2
1) What have you done so far? In terms of work ex
2) Describe your MBA experience
3) An oral case study was given on which I had to present. Time given to me was 5 minutes.

Round 3 (With AP)
1) What courses have you taken in MBA and why?
2) Which ones were your favorite and why?
3) Some probability and math questions.

Interview Question – An oral case study was given on which I had to present. Time given to me was 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not They offered a decent salary

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at marketRx in February 2008.

Interview Details – This was probably the most interesting interview I've ever been on. It actually took place in February 2006, but the pulldown menu does not allow me to select past 2008. I met the employer at a job fair at Rutgers University. I had previewed the positions the company was recruiting for beforehand and discussed my interest in their high level analyst position (post grad skills needed: math, operations research, stats, etc...). About a month later I received a call from their HR rep. I was directed to a manager and asked a few screening questions, specifically about my programming skills, particularly for use in statistical models and simulations. I was asked to come in about a week later and meet with various directors, managers, and senior analysts. This took the entire morning.

30 minutes: Puzzle/Critical Thinking test: 1 probability question, 1 profit maximizng question, 1 lightswitch puzzle question, and one other question I cannot recall.

30 minutes: Meet with a manager and senior analyst and go over the "Test". They claim they didn't put as much weight on getting questions right, but rather how your thought process is evoked.

30 minutes: Met with another group of two members. I'm certain it was another set of either manager/director + senior analyst. This group asked questions about my statistical experience in school and what I learned in my classes and why this coursework generated interest to work in their field of business. This interview was rather easy going. The interviewers made feel comfortable and open up.

30 minutes: I met with another group of 2 members. This interview concentrated on the statistical model I was using for my Master's thesis at the time. I felt absolutely uncomfortable in front of these two guys. I had an easier time with my Thesis Committee at school than them. They grilled me over and over about certain specifications of the mixed logit model I was using in my research.

After the interviewing process , I was told I would hear from them soon.

No calls or interviews. I emailed the HR rep, about 2-3 weeks later a received a copy/paste decline letter.

I was very disappointed with this company. For such a demanding interview process their feedback mechanism should have been better facilitated. I wrote thank you letters to all members of the company I interviewed with. They should at least have the courtesy to provide feedback. A simply copy/paste reply from their HR rep left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Question – What are the independent and dependent variables in your model? What are the underlying assumptions of the model? What did your research indicate should be the expected parameter estimates for your independent variables? How long have you used SAS? What models/methodologies have you evoked through SAS?   View Answers (2)

Worked for marketRx? Contribute to the Community!