mindSHIFT

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at mindSHIFT.

Two interviews were given with the 2nd interview having a formal meeting (job offer). Seamless and Human Resources are straight-forward. Meeting with Hiring Manager was an experience - expectations are set right away.

Interview Questions
    • Where it is specific to the position you are "not" interviewing for. :-)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at mindSHIFT in June 2014.

Two phone screenings, followed by in person meeting 5 important people of team and hiring manager. All interviewers treated me with respect and seems to have nice team spirit. Hiring manager made an offer by email. After a day HR called without notice and picked up while driving thinking it is light weight welcome call. He started inquiring about family obligations indirectly and it was quite irritating. Next day, there was one liner email from HR that they pulled the offer as they found someone better!

Interview Questions
    • Can you walk me through a business plan you made?   View Answer
    • Would you move to Waltham to have work life balance?   View Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at mindSHIFT.

Was poorly planned and interview was asking questions from a website for "Best Interview Questions" They then called in other people after the first interview and they asked all repeat questions.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were long and drawn out with me having to call to get updates.

Messaging Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at mindSHIFT in January 2014.

Initial call from the HR who setup a face to face. Heard nothing since the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult technical questions. Most questions were related to the company's new direction and if I was OK with it.   Answer Question
    • I also met with the VP during the interview, and he just asked what is my current pay rate.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at mindSHIFT in December 2012.

got a call and scheduled an interview. Initial interview was a bunch of technical question and scenarios followed by a second interview if you did well to meet the hiring administrator.

Interview Questions
    negotiation depends on experience and education.

NOC I Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at mindSHIFT in March 2012.

Initial Phone Interview with the NOC manager, followed by 1:1 with the same.

Some technical questions and then immediate group interview with Site Manager and NOC manager. Mostly questions regarding company fit / personality. Interview process was very insightful about the company culture and direction.

After interview, I was introduced to the team and was able to tour their facilities and speak to their current staff.

Received a call 2 days later from HR with an offer.

Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at mindSHIFT in March 2011.

Submitted my resume and quickly heard back that they were interested in me for the position yet never really followed through with bringing me in for an interview. It literally took four weeks to nail down an interview time and date the worked. Once in for the interview for a technical role I was never not once asked anything about my technical experience or even technical questions, the interviewer did not even seem the slightest concerned about my IT know how or even if I knew how to power a computer on (honestly I do not think that she was technical at all).

The interviewer seemed a bit grouchy and almost as if i was disrupting her by coming in for this interview, even though they asked me to come in. I did end up hearing that they were not interesting in bringing me on board but likely would have turned down any offer after having the worst interviewer that i have ever dealt with.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at mindSHIFT in April 2010.

I as briefed about the company and the job by 2 managers. I was asked to solve a few small software problems in the 1:1 and in the panel. Didn't hear anything for 2 months then received an email asking if I could come in. I'd accepted another offer by then.

Interview Questions
    • what's wrong with the following C# code to change a string to lower case:

inputString.toLower();

View Answer
    • how would you split a string based on multiple delimiter characters?   View Answer

Help Desk Technician Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at mindSHIFT in September 2010.

Got a response to my resume. Came in for an interview with the hiring manager. After that I came back and interviewed with another manager and VP. The two interviews were on different days.

Seems like the hiring manager and the other manager + VP never spoke. They asked me completely different questions. The questions in the first interview seemed to be related to the job, the second were a bunch of printer questions. If they were trying to gauge my knowledge and troubleshooting they should have prepared the questions. Seemed like the guy was pulling them out of no where and didn't even know how to troubleshoot.

Interview Questions
    • Customer calls and says they have a printer that wont turn on.   View Answer

The second interview completely turned me off from the company. It was unprofessional and not in a relaxed way. Seems like they were just winging it and had no real process. They also became defensive when asked questions about growth opportunities and training.