o2 Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at o2

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

interviewed at o2 (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Straight forward. Do you think you can handle it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

DNE

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at o2 (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I initially applies onlie through their website and filled out the standard form with personal details, experience etc and attached an updated cv and possibly a cover letter.

Then received and email asking me to complete an online assessment which was fairly straight forward. Be prepared for this as it is timed. Maybe a week later I receieved an email invite to a telephone interview which was scheduled for a few days later (there were 2/3 options for days and times).

Telephone interview lasted 10 minutes and again was straight forward. Some questions about my nationality, customer service, team work and working towards targets. All questions only needed a simple "yes/no" as instructed by the interviewer.

I was then informed during the same call that I was successful so far and that they would like to invite me into a store to meet with a manager (team leaders) the following week. I was asked to bring my passport and national insurance proof so they could make copies of the docs.

Arrived 10 minutes before the interview and I was lead into a room where they asked for my docs. The guy who interviewed me was quite young, maybe mid 20's, and had a very laid back approach which was good. This definitely made me more comfortable and he highlighted that the process isn't a very formal one as they believe in being innovative.

I was then asked maybe 8-10 competency basked questions and asked to give examples in my past experience. So questions about exceeding expectations, good customer service, challenging situations and a couple that I didn't actually prepare for but I was able to provided examples. These were:

1. Can you give an example of when you have been given a set procedure and thought of a way that you could improve on this?

2. Can you think of an example of when you have completed a task/project and felt that you could have improved on it. If so how could you have improved your task?

After the questions I was given a brief for the role play (which I was dreading) and it was basically a virtual telecoms company basked in the uk that had various products and services.

I was instructed to make as many notes as possible in 25 for the key facts and figures that I would use for my role play situation. The information was plentiful so I made a point of ONLY taking down notes of the points I felt were 100% required, a bit of a risk as I had no idea what he was going to ask for.

Role play lasted 10 minutes maximum and it was not as bad as I had anticipated. I was able to use my notes which was very helpful as it was just impossible to remember everything. I spoke clearly, well paced, and listened to his needs, while converting them into a suitable product.

He concluded by saying I had done very well, and I should hear back from them within 7 days.

I asked if there was anything I could possibly expand on or clarify (just to ilimitate any uncertainty) and he said no and praised me for my professionalism during the interview.

We had a little informal chat after, to kind of break the thin ice and this is something I always do at the end of interviews Personally (if I feel it's the right person)...

I feel I done well and left a good lasting impression.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of an example of when you have been given a set procedure and thought of a way that you could improve on this?   Answer Question

Retail Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at o2 (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recuriment agency, got an interview the next day I thought it went good and I got told by the people that where interviewing me that I seemed perfect for the job! I got told I would hear back no matter the outcome, I'm still waiting!