oDesk Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2015

2.5

Web Performance Optimizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at oDesk (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

They'll just ask you about your experience and some sample sites that you've worked on in the past. Some technical questions for some clients but that's all.

Interview Questions

• If you don't have an experience yet, well maybe if they ask you for some sample works that you've done before.   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at oDesk in November 2013.

Interview

You sign-up to odesk.com, its free. Complete the odesk readiness test. Search for jobs you are interested in from their website. Apply to the job and wait for a notification of interview, your prospective employer will contact you soon. While waiting, complete some other test from odesk that related to your job. You also need to install the odesk team application to your computer. The prospective employer will contact you via email, chat, skype or phone call, pass the interview and agree on the job. Then the prospective employer will click hire from his computer. Now you can start tracking your time using the odesk team application on your computer. Your employer will see what you are doing, has time to review your work, and will pay you according to the amount of time you are logged in and working.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is estimating how much time you can finish the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at oDesk in October 2013.

Interview

I was very impressed with their interview process and how my HR contact guided me through it all. I was not local, which may be why it took almost two months for the process to complete. It started off with a test with very relevant questions to the position with a number of phone and Skype interviews with people ranging from future peers, managers, and employees from adjacent groups, with finally an in-person interview. Questions were both relevant and technical as well as personality-centric.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifics but there were some tough technical questions. Those I weren't sure of I instead walked through my thinking step-by-step, which was, I believe, well received by interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a competitive salary right away and a place to grow my career, which made it easy to say yes.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at oDesk (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I applied online after seeing the job posted on multiple online channels (Indeed, LinkedIn etc). Within days I was contacted by a recruiter through email and was scheduled the same day phone screening and an initial interview. Both the recruiter and hiring manager were incredibly nice, cheerful and energetic which I later found out reflected the tone of the company. Following the phone screenings, I came in for 2 sets of in-person interviews and in total interviewed with 15 people. It was a bit tiring but everyone was so positive and smart that I really enjoyed the whole process. Just a few days after the second interview I was made the offer. The overall interview process took 2 weeks and throughout I felt informed and respected.

Interview Questions

• I was given a real acquisition problem the marketing team was trying to solve and was asked to whiteboard a visual solution without any time to think it through.   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at oDesk (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Depends on the client, but usually you will need to submit a cover letter and desired pay. Client may choose to ask you specific questions or even submit a sample of your work, too.

Recruiter Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at oDesk (Marlboro, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Since working as contractor I did not dream oDesk themselves would offer me a job, I was estatic and honored!

Interview Questions

• When as to work for them, to help clients with their job postings and sourcing candidates, the deceision to work with oDesk was a no brainer! So when they unexpectedly asked me to work for them, I did not hesitate!   1 Answer

Negotiation

A background check, that took only a few days, and I began training. Was working the next Monday full time. What a great team!

Telemarketer and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at oDesk (Portsmouth, RI) in June 2012.

Interview

I have an on-line profile with the company where I am able to apply to the jobs that are posted on the site. I applied for 13 jobs oveer a three day period and received two response whch resulted in my being hired for two long term assignments. One employer had 24 applicants but only interviewed me and one other applicant. The other only had six applicants, as the position was highly specialized.

Interview Questions

• I asked if I could begin prospecting on-line rather than in person.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to secure an offer for commission based sales for prospecting in an above average potential for industries.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at oDesk (Redwood City, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

As with any company, my application was originally screened by the HR, followed by a Skype video call with the Hiring Manager and eventually I was called in for a personal interview with 4 people including the hiring manager. I was asked lots of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about existing problems faced by the department and how I would solve it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at oDesk (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then came in for a long series of interviews with many members of the team. Everyone was very friendly and really enjoyed talking about what they do.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at oDesk (Redwood City, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of interviews - one with a colleague and other with the head of the group. Evaluation consisted of industry experience, trends and a couple of cases relevant to the work. Team is focussed on the right fit - combination of right personality, smarts and the ability to roll up sleeves and get things done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated the base. Options is pretty much set.