Interviews for Top Jobs at odopod

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at odopod in February 2010.

I am a Master's student and this interview was for an internship mid-program. My interview took place at a recruiting fair so it was not lengthy, only a half hour. I applied to this company through out job center's recruiting site and managed to land an interview spot, of which there are approximately 12.

The individual that interviewed me was very tense and direct, barely introduced himself, didn't say much about the company. I showed him some of my work and talked about the process, how I derived my solutions and showed the final product. Our program is heavily focused on rhetoric, process and research, however, I don't think he had any idea what our program was about. I heard from several other graduate students that interviewed with him that he was not at all interested in their work. His final question to me, was something along the lines of: Do you have any web sites? Something shiny looking?

Overall, he seemed really disinterested in me as a person, disinterested in the work I showed him (which is fair), and asked very few questions. I asked him several questions about the company and the way they work and the impression I got was that they are a sweat shop for creating glossy-looking web sites.

Interview Questions