onlineshoes.com Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2014
4 interviews

2.3

Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in March 2014.

After submitting my resume and cover letter, I received an email to set up a phone interview with their HR person. The questions were standard and the interview went well though I wish they would have given their salary range before the end of the conversation. I was asked to come in and meet with my potential hiring manager. The date and time were changed 3 times. On the day of the interview they sent out an email that they were no longer going to hire for the position. Complete waste of time.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in October 2013.

Started my emailing my interest and qualifications for the the position, then had a phone interview with the Senior Design Manager, then an in person interview with the Sr. Design Manager, Designer, and Copywriter/Manager. Interview was friendly and insightful to the work I would be doing at OnlineShoes.com.

Interview Questions
    • interview was mostly about past experience, and then involved a design test at home, where I mocked up an element of the work I would be doing there.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I never actually got to the interview process. The recruiter reached out the next day after I submitted my resume, and scheduled a phone interview. As we approached that time, she emailed me to reschedule. Fine - then that rescheduled time came and went, she never called, then she emailed me several hours later to reschedule yet again. Long story short, we rescheduled probably 5 times. Our final reschedule, she didn't respond to my email, nor call me. What an incredible waste of time! It's a shame because looking at their website, I was impressed by their fun culture. But forget it. Talk about lack of respect for your candidates.

Email HTML Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in January 2007.

A head hunter found this temporary part-time position for me. To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled by the position to begin with, but I wanted the interview experience. I have a degree in Computer Science and this job only consists of editing really basic HTML stuff. The pay is also pretty low, but I figured it's a foot in the door to more software-engineering-intensive positions in the future.

The interview was fairly informal and laid-back. They basically just asked what I could bring to the company and whether I am a good team player. Pretty standard stuff. I was asked some HTML and JavaScript questions too, but the developer who prepared the questions seemed a bit unprepared. Everything went well.

Couple of hours after the interview I got a call from my head hunter telling me the good news. However, the company wanted to change the contract so I'd have to work full-time at the same hourly rate. I decided that no amount of money can make me work as a full-time HTML monkey, so I tried to negotiate either more money and/or less hours. The company decided to interview another person and subsequently hired him/her. My head hunter kept telling me how bad the market was and how there were senior web devs taking $15/hour positions, which I think is total BS. You can make more working as a valet!

Pretty much as soon as I found out the company hired another person, I was contacted by Google and Apple for interviews. In the end, I'm glad I hesitated so I can focus on prepping for interviews for jobs that I would actually enjoy doing :)

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you boss gives you a totally unrealistic deadline?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at onlineshoes.com

Worked for onlineshoes.com? Contribute to the Community!