onlineshoes.com

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in March 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume and cover letter, I received an email to set up a phone interview with their HR person. The questions were standard and the interview went well though I wish they would have given their salary range before the end of the conversation. I was asked to come in and meet with my potential hiring manager. The date and time were changed 3 times. On the day of the interview they sent out an email that they were no longer going to hire for the position. Complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Why onlineshoes.com   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in October 2013.

Interview Details – Started my emailing my interest and qualifications for the the position, then had a phone interview with the Senior Design Manager, then an in person interview with the Sr. Design Manager, Designer, and Copywriter/Manager. Interview was friendly and insightful to the work I would be doing at OnlineShoes.com.

Interview Question – interview was mostly about past experience, and then involved a design test at home, where I mocked up an element of the work I would be doing there.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interviewed at onlineshoes.com

Interview Details – I never actually got to the interview process. The recruiter reached out the next day after I submitted my resume, and scheduled a phone interview. As we approached that time, she emailed me to reschedule. Fine - then that rescheduled time came and went, she never called, then she emailed me several hours later to reschedule yet again. Long story short, we rescheduled probably 5 times. Our final reschedule, she didn't respond to my email, nor call me. What an incredible waste of time! It's a shame because looking at their website, I was impressed by their fun culture. But forget it. Talk about lack of respect for your candidates.

Email HTML Specialist Interview

Email HTML Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at onlineshoes.com in January 2007.

Interview Details – A head hunter found this temporary part-time position for me. To be honest, I wasn't too thrilled by the position to begin with, but I wanted the interview experience. I have a degree in Computer Science and this job only consists of editing really basic HTML stuff. The pay is also pretty low, but I figured it's a foot in the door to more software-engineering-intensive positions in the future.

The interview was fairly informal and laid-back. They basically just asked what I could bring to the company and whether I am a good team player. Pretty standard stuff. I was asked some HTML and JavaScript questions too, but the developer who prepared the questions seemed a bit unprepared. Everything went well.

Couple of hours after the interview I got a call from my head hunter telling me the good news. However, the company wanted to change the contract so I'd have to work full-time at the same hourly rate. I decided that no amount of money can make me work as a full-time HTML monkey, so I tried to negotiate either more money and/or less hours. The company decided to interview another person and subsequently hired him/her. My head hunter kept telling me how bad the market was and how there were senior web devs taking $15/hour positions, which I think is total BS. You can make more working as a valet!

Pretty much as soon as I found out the company hired another person, I was contacted by Google and Apple for interviews. In the end, I'm glad I hesitated so I can focus on prepping for interviews for jobs that I would actually enjoy doing :)

Interview Question – What do you do when you boss gives you a totally unrealistic deadline?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for onlineshoes.com? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at onlineshoes.com interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by onlineshoes.com employees and interview candidates.