PhD Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

54 Companies: 13 of 54

See the latest Northwestern University Jobs

51 Interview Questions: 110 of 51 Sort by

Mar 11, 2014

Interview Question for Machine Learning PhD Intern at Apple:

“There were some algorithmic questions (basically they describe a case where you need to do a complicated search over large datasets, I solved the problem via KD-trees, which the reviewer seemed to…”

Mar 4, 2014

Interview Question for PhD Engineering Position at Exxonmobil Research & Engineering Company:

“Prove that you are a team player, and at the same time can solve problems on my own.”

Feb 18, 2014

Interview Question for PhD Candidate at Carnegie Mellon University:

“There wasn't any technical question, but I had to think about whether I was really zealous about the PhD position when he asked me about it.”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Feb 2, 2014

Interview Question for PhD Career Development Program at Air Products:

“Mostly behavioral questions.
Unexpected question: Is there a question that you have prepared for today that we didn''t ask?”

Jan 26, 2014

Interview Question for PhD Student at University of Rochester:

“One of the faculty member asked me about my summer vacation, really unexpected one!
The interview is very chill and casual. It seems like the main purpose is getting to know the applicants and…”

Jan 23, 2014

Interview Question for PhD Position In Electrical Engineering at Delft University of Technology:

“My research work, about my Masters thesis”

Jan 1, 2014

Interview Question for Phd Internship at Google:

“I find it odd that Google follows the same interview process for PhD research internships, and software development positions. For research internships, the interview should focus on assessing the…”

Dec 27, 2013

Interview Question for PhD Student at Carnegie Mellon University:

“interview questions were pretty basic (e.g., describe what kind of research you would like to work on)”

Dec 22, 2013

Interview Question for PhD Student at Harvard University:

“Tell me more about your previous research”

Oct 29, 2013

Interview Question for PhD Student at Notre Dame:

“no surprises”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PhD interview questions and reviews. All 51 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.