Publishing Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

2,291 Interview Questions: 1120 of 2,291 Sort by

Jul 22, 2014

Interview Question for Community Manager, Web Operations & Performance at O'Reilly Media:

“What was most unexpected was the second screening call where I was asked questions that I'd already answered (can I work on my own? Yes - proven as much by starting my own business and sustaining it…”

Jul 22, 2014

Interview Question for Business Analyst at Cengage Learning:

“What's your process for solving a problem?”

Jul 21, 2014

Interview Question for Account Manager at American Marketing and Publishing:

“The interview ended up being just an organic conversation between me and the district manager. Very few pointed questions were asked of me. Instead, the DM just guided our discussion in a few…”

Jul 21, 2014

Interview Question for Sales Strategist at Hearst Corporation:

“Was asked some questions about tennis balls in a car, Starbucks amount in NY and airplanes in JFK. They just want to see how you think.”

Jul 20, 2014

Interview Question for Intern at SAGE Publications:

“Are you comfortable working with and reporting to someone who usually works off site?”

Jul 19, 2014

Interview Question for OUTSIDE SALES at Tarheel Publishing:

“none, just the usual interview questions”

Jul 17, 2014

Interview Question for Advertising Sales Representative at YP:

“there wasn't really any difficult questions. the manager was distracted and kind of goofy. another manager came in ad he had a stuttering problem... he tried to coach me on my fake role playing…”

Jul 17, 2014

Interview Question for Account Manager at Guerrero Howe:

“Very straight forward, nothing unexpected... Describe previous experience relevant to position. Be prepared with your own questions.”

Jul 16, 2014

Interview Question for Freelance Graphic/Web Designer at New York Times:

“This was not a difficult interview.”

Jul 16, 2014

Interview Question for Design Manager at American Greetings:

“The question was what the biggest challenge or success you have had at a previous job and how did you accomplish that.”