Publishing Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

54 Interview Questions: 2130 of 54 Sort by

Jun 12, 2013

Interview Question for Executive Assistant to the Publisher at Hearst Corporation:

“Are you confident?”

Jun 1, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Univision Communications Inc.:

“They gave me a few writing tests, but truthfully those were not hard at all. I came in confidently and they noticed it.”

May 5, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Marvel Entertainment:

“all were pretty standard”

Apr 12, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at ValueClick:

“The most difficult case of the situation was realizing that the rescheduling did not go through as planned feeling as if consultative knowledge or know-how was freely given away.”

Mar 13, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Penguin Group (USA):

“Nothing out of the ordinary.”

Mar 5, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Quantcast:

“The mock pitch is where I, and I suspect most otherwise qualified candidates fail. Do yourself a favor and go through your mock pitch dozens of times with a partner until it's smooth and flawless…”

Jan 23, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Wiley:

“Simply not knowing how I could have been a "top" candidate with the Hiring Manager asking me to call her back to continue the interview process-- then nothing.”

Jan 21, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Kaplan Publishing:

“How do you feel about applying for a job that will certainly experience significant change?”

Jan 1, 2013

Interview Question for Anonymous at Pearson:

“What was your gradepoint adverage in college”

Dec 27, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Pearson:

“The in person interview with the district manager was very straightforward. The sales trainer liked to ask more of the pointless philosophical questions like "what is the most difficult work…”