qatar airways Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.7

Finance Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was good. It was a group interview with a panel of four people. Specific questions were asked on financial statements.there was also an excel exam on pivot tables and look up functions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at qatar airways.

Interview

I applied through my university and had an interview with the Senior Finance Manager from Doha, It was just a basic interview asking me about my resume, projects I have done and my experience during my time at my university. I had to wait for around 4 weeks to get a decision from them and their reason for not giving me the job was a problem with my graduation date.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at qatar airways.

Interview

Worst I have ever experienced. It was clear they were taking anyone who would accept a job and move to Doha. They will agree to anything knowing that once you arrive and find out they lied, it's too much trouble to leave again. Some people do leave straight away though, mostly Pilots and Recruitment people.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here is the job, yes or no?

Welfare Officer Interview

Interview

Smooth process as I was coordinating with a recruitment agency from my country. An english test was done, psychological test also, basic interview with the agency first. A presentaition withe the recruitment of QR followed by an interview one-on-one. Easy to follow questions , straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult custromes you have experience and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at qatar airways (Doha (Qatar)) in August 2015.

Interview

Had 3 phone call interview. The 3rd was a panel phone interview. Then I was invited to Doha for a final face to face interview with Excel exam. Accommodation, airfare and meal allowance is provided.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at qatar airways (Taipei (Taiwan)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an open day in Taipei city,Taiwan. On the first day it was just a CV drop from morning 9 am to 5 pm. Due to the large number of candidates the process took little long. Waiting time was long for those who had come late or after 9 am. there were 2 interviewers one was a Malaysian Chinese and one was an Indian with beautiful wide smile on her face... second day started with the assessment day, first there was a video played about the Qatar airways, like how it had managed to become one of the world's number one leading airlines, followed by an english test which included multiple choices to tick the correct answer. the english test was devided into 4 parts, comprehension, grammer, mathematics and essay writing. after 30 mins of completion the result was out and i was eliminated, the test was too easy but still i got eliminated right after the result..where the number called were asked to leave the room and go back home..

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attended?   2 Answers

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kiev (Ukraine)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at qatar airways (Kiev (Ukraine)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an Open Day event, held from 9 am till 5 pm, candidates were welcome to come any time but probably advisable to come in sooner than 9 even, everyone was invited into the waiting hall where we formed a line, everyone was pretty polite and nice, there was water and glasses on two tables, candidates were interview by two recruiters separately in the next room, recruiter asked for the documents and took only CVs, passport photo and passport copy, then asked a question or two, it lasted 2-3 minutes or less, and then successful candidates would be informed till the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• We talked about languages I speak, and recruiter asked why do I want to be a cabin crew?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at qatar airways (Taipei (Taiwan)) in July 2015.

Interview

My experience for the open day event of the recruitment as a flight attendant of Qatar Airways was occurred in Taipei, Taiwan on July 26th, 2015. There are totally 5 processes with in 3 days (but I could only passed 2 processes and failed in the arm reach section) and there are 2 recruiters for this whole event; one from Malaysia and another from India (Both of them are very nice, friendly and warm). July 26th, 2015 First day, you just had to summit your CV at the place they determined in the website, and went back home, then waited for their email around 7 pm on the same day that they would like you to join in the next day or not (as I asked one of my friends, they rejected her and didn't send any emails to her as well.) For the first day, I thought there were around 250-300 people came for submitting their CV. When it was my turn to submit, I walked inside the room. It was just small room, with two tables, and two recruiters were sitting each table. I got the Indian lady. She is very nice and kind to me. I was just putting my first step to get inside the room, and she suddenly asked due to her curious that I am Thai people or not. The conversation took not more than 5 minutes, depends on each person, just submit the CV and talked with the recruiter a little bit. Anyway, even it seems like just submit the CV, but you have to interact with them as much as you can, to show your English skill. I think it is the most important to pass the first section. Yep! I got the email from them to join the next section. July 27th, 2015 Second day, there were around 118 candidates (actually there were approximately 119 people). This day, they needed you to do the English test, check your arm reach (212 cm.), involuntary speaking, and group discussion. They would give you to watch 3 Qatar Airways' advertisements first which you can find in youtube. Then they would give you an English paper. In the paper, there are 3 parts; reading (about Qatar company), multiple questions (a little bit Mathematics), and writing (describe the worst situation in your life and how could you manage it). This section took around 20-30 minutes. Then you had to wait 1 hour for the result. They will announce the numbers which can't pass the English test. And yep! I passed again. Next, they will check your height and your speaking. I failed this part because I couldn't reach 212 cm. Anyway, I have asked some of friends who passed this section. Inside the room, there were two same ladies, one will listen to you, and another will record what you are saying. You have to reach 212 cm. paper which is stuck on the wall, then you have to pick up one of the cards placing upside down on the table. When you pick one up, you will get a word then you have to talk about that word around 1 minute (or some speak less than 1 min depends on the recruiter). As I knew from friends, the words include Love, Teacher, Energy, Challenge, Divergent, Travelling, etc. They will announce the numbers which can't pass the speaking test. Next is the group discussion. Sorry, that I don't know about this part. If there are some candidates who join on the same event as me and pass until this section. Please encourage me more. Then they will announce who pass and join the next day. July 28th, 2015 The last day, I think it is an individual interview. As I knew the question is about "How about your life in Taiwan?" If you pass, they will send the email to you with a lot of detail such as medical check-up, photo copy. etc. It seems not difficult, right? This is my first time of joining the recruitment as a Fight attendant. I was so proud of myself to join this. Even I was so depressed of failing, but one thing I could feel is all friends and recruiters I met were so kind to me. There were not such pressure, but we shared and cheered up to each other. As my suggestion, you have to be natural, smile, good posture, proud, and dare to show your English. Don't be afraid of your English is bad, not better than others, just speak it out. When you speak should be natural. If you prepare your short note from home, you have to speak naturally. Don't give up! I would love to cheer up you all.

Interview Questions

• How about your life in Taiwan?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at qatar airways.

Interview

Only have gone through the first phase, which was a Skype interview given that I am located in Toronto, Canada. I have been selected to go the phase 2, and they will be flying me into Doha for a face to face interview and written test (arithmetic, critical thinking etc.)

Interview Questions

• How are your previous skills and experiences relevant to this position?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macao, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at qatar airways (Macao, Guangdong (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

QATAR OPEN DAY Online, interested applicants were asked to fill up forms and attach necessary requirements such as CV, school certificate, passport photocopy and photos before attending the open day. Part 1 of Day 1 INITIAL INTERVIEW 9:00am sharp calltime but of course it's always better to arrive earlier than 9:00am as the lines could be very very long and you could end up being interviewed like 1:00pm already. So be early. 2 Qatar cabin crews arrived and we were all asked to go to a room, take our seats and watch a short video about Qatar Airways. After that, they both started the initial interview right away one by one in another room. Interview questions are basically about your CV: * What do you do? * How long have you been staying here? (If you're obviously an expat. I am, so that's why.) * Is it your first time to apply for an airline? * Why do you want to be a cabin crew? After, you would be given an invitation letter and you'd be asked to go back at a certain time. Mine was 12:00nn. Part 2 of Day 1 ENGLISH EXAM Waiting is really long in this part depending on how many candidates were there to apply. For us, our 12:00nn became past 2:00pm already. A total of 200+ candidates were there that day and the interviewers were only 2. (from 200+ down to 50+) This part is a written english exam and you will be given instructions on how to answer everything so be sure to follow all of them. This exam includes: * Grammar * Essay Part 3 of Day 1 REACH TEST and PUBLIC SPEAKING (from 50+ down to 40 candidates) After announcing who's to stay and who's to go, you will be asked to go to the interview room one by one for the reach test (212cm high) and for the public speaking. For the public speaking, you will he asked to pick one out of the many small pieces of papers infront of you (in a bowl/glass). It's got words like "fighting," "dentist," "cosmetics" and it's really up to you whatever you make of it. Better discuss work-related stuff in here. Part 4 of Day 1 (from 40 down to 20) This is the last part of the day. No more exams, interviews, and deliberations, thank God! Both of the interviewers announced that we can already relax by this time as they will be bringing all of our profiles with them to be presented back in Doha. They gave us forms to fill up to be passed the next day. Day 2 FINAL ASSESSMENT and BRIEFING We 20 candidates were asked to be back at 10:00am with the forms all filled up. They gave us a brief presentation about Qatar and Qatar Airways (salary, apartment, benefits, etc.) After all the presentations, we were asked to go to the interview room one by one for the final assessment and checking of documents and forms (if filled up completely and correctly). Right after your one-on-one assessment, you can then leave already. No more waiting, except for the "golden call," of course. I was lucky enough to have received an email together with a text message after 3 days saying they think I'm five star! :) REMEMBER: * Be yourself. This is the key. It will also help you be even more confident which is really a big help to make you comfortable. * Make friends. You never know who you'd fly there with when you got accepted. And even if not, you gained friends! Win-win! * Bring lots of food. Seriously. Or save movies/games on your phones to help you pass the time. * Patience is a virtue. Expect long lines and even more long waiting time. * Wear that smile all through out the day. Even if it means 12hrs. I did spend more than 12hrs there, so trust me I'm not over exaggerating this. * For the grooming, I didn't go there in a low bun and red lips peg as almost everyone were advising so as to look the part. But tell you what, WEAR WHAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WEARING. How can you get through out a day smiling when you are so conscious about your red lipstick making you look old or your lips looking even more big, right? You feel beautiful and fresh in a pink lipstick, light purple eyeshadow and a ponytail, then go for it!! I honestly did, and it helped me a whole lot going through a whole day of exams and interviews. As long as you arrive neat, you're good to go! Best regards to everyone aspiring to be a cabin crew just like me. You can do it, too! Way better than I did, I believe. :)