Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

220 Interview Questions: 3140 of 220

Sort by

Dec 2, 2013

Interview Question for Senior Quantitative Analyst at The Climate Corp:

“The challenge wasn't difficult, it was time consuming. It took a total of 12-15 hours for me to finish. They gave you a sample data long with 9 questions, the range of the questions covers from fit…”

Nov 25, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Allston Trading:

“Algorithm to test the existence of an element in a matrix that is sorted by rows and columns”

Nov 14, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Navy Federal Credit Union:

“Few difficult questions. Descriptions of previous work and why those skills would transfer to the position were asked for. Asked why I left my previous position and why I was applying.”

Nov 11, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at CME Group:

“Programming to solve an optimization problem.”

Nov 4, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Union Bank N.A.:

“What's your target team? Modeling, strategies, etc.”

Oct 25, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at UBS:

“Now I consider it trivial, but at the time I had not studied enough quant finance to have come across Breeden-Litzenberger results for constructing the pdf for the terminal value of an asset at some…”

Oct 22, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Dean Ventures:

“If you have a strategy that makes you 20% probability bankrupt, do you want to put all your money into that strategy?”

Oct 8, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at AppNexus:

“How would you determine ad efficiency based on data with this schema?”

Sep 30, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Google:

“An ice cream shop wants to determine the probability of any random customer buying one of their three flavors, based on their historical data set.”

Sep 30, 2013

Interview Question for Quantitative Analyst at Google:

“The on-site interviews were not so easy. One thing to note: I have 20 years of experience and a strong track record of getting results. The interviewers had zero interest in what I've done…”