rag & bone Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at rag & bone

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at rag & bone in March 2015.

Interview

I emailed the career center with my resume and got referred to an HR rep. I had a video interview over skype and did not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about your desired department? Why do you want to be in New York for the summer? What are your favorite brands? Who do you think is our biggest competitor?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at rag & bone.

Interview

Incredible upper level management that were motivating, true, and passionate for the brand. Casually met with them and discussed experience and management style. Very standard probing questions. Advice is to just be confident and know your experience with tangible specifics.

Intern Interview

Interview

1 interview. got interviewed by 3 people. laid back/casual/relaxed office. pretty basic questions, went through previous experience. everyone was really nice. they want to help you learn as much as possible and you will. explained that this isn't the kind of internship where you get coffee or messenger clothes around the city. you do real work

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rag & bone.

Interview

came in during hiring seaon and I met with one manger who looked over my resume and asked me a few basic questions about my skills and myself. Then I was asked to wait to speak with a 2nd manager who asked pretty much the same questions. Normally the DM is not in the store but she was there that day and I was able to meet with her as well.

Negotiation

no negotiating same pay for everyone regardless of skill set

Ecommerce Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at rag & bone in September 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. One with hr associate and one with the e-commerce development team. The interviewers from development team were passionate about their job and seem to be more friendly than the hr associate.

Freelance Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy interview, was there for 2 hours. Interviewed with HR first and then interviewed with Creative Director. Very personable and likable people. Each interview was roughly an hour long. The HR interview asked a lot about what brands you like and what your interpretation on Rag & Bone's art direction is. They asked about their tumblr and social media campaigns. The interview with the Creative Director was an hour, as well. It was pretty casual, we went through all of my projects and discussed how the daily work flow is.

Interview Questions

• What brands do you think have a strong perspective, and what is appealing to you about that?   Answer Question

Menswear Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview went well. I interviewed with both the HR manager and Head Menswear Designer. The designer was very pleasant, we had an immediate bond. The HR manager was a bit harder to connect with, especially considering the fact that her hand shake was loose.

Interview Questions

• If you were to make clothing for construction workers, what would be your process of inspiration? Where would you pull inspiration from? How would you treat this project?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rag & bone (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I handed my resume in a week prior to receiving the phone call for the interview. I went for the interview the next day.All of the associates were very friendly and greeted me without knowing that I was just there for an interview. The interviewer was very nice, he gave me a good run down of the company and asked make if I was knowledgeable of them, I said and proceeded to tell him why I wanted to work for the brand and all the basic interview stuff. The interview went well in my opinion and lasted about 15mins in which he told make the focus of the company, what's expected of the associates and the benefits and salary . He told me that they are still going through the process of seeing who the best fit for the team and that I should hear back in a week or two from the area manager for a post-screening phone interview. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. Last time I spoke with him he told m week that their still going through the interview process so he'll " keep me posted." Overall the it was a good experience and rag&bone seems like a great place to work so I'm still hoping to hear back.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at rag & bone in March 2009.

Interview

The company only hires young workers. They don't care about what you know.