rue21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It was very detailed about customer service experience. I was asked to provide examples of scenarios that I had been through. It was easy to generalize answers. By far the easiest job interview I have ever had. It was also done very quickly like the manager had a limited amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a bad customer experience and turned into a positive one.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 in August 2014.

Interview

They called and asked if i was still interested in the position. Of course I said yes. Then we set up an interview. The questions are pretty basic. Be yourself and confident. They won't consider you for what ever postion you applied for if you give generic answers. But that goes with any job interview, right?

Negotiation

I just suggested what I made and they bumped me up a dollar.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

You fill out an application and have an interview with the store manager. It's a typical retail Assistant Manager interview with the exception of FRAGRANCES. Rue21 is crazy about selling fragrance, so expect to do some selling role play, if you can't sell fragrances; you do not have any business working at rue21. If that goes well you interview with the district manager, most likely over the phone. He or she will talk more about your stores special strengths and weaknesses. And how will you help this if you come to this team? At this point they might be considering putting you in a store you didn't even apply for, rue21 shifts their managers around like crazy. That's pretty much the extent of the interview process. You may have to interview with the regional or loss prevention managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

Come prepared to ask questions such as how does the company handle theft, ask for details? What are the expectations for the assistant manger? What happens if expectations are met? What are the company views on work and life balance? What practices are in place to reduce theft? What procedures are in place to ensure staff safety? How many assistant managers have been employed at this location for the past 5 years? Ask for a detailed description of a normal day in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions presented are common with the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't expect the company to hire you in at a decent wage. Negotiate your wages, you are worth every penny.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Columbia, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

One Interview with DM, hired then and there but whole process took approximately two weeks. They won't tell you how terrible of a condition the store is in. You'll have to see after you get hired.

Interview Questions

• Majority were about previous experience and why I was interested in their company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Up for nigotiations. A little but not too much.

Anonymous Employee in Lorain, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Lorain, OH).

Interview

The interview, personally went well with the store manager. However, when i call to follow up with the store manager and district manager they both give me the run around. It's a crock to be lead from person to person and the store manager has the balls to chew me out for calling the store once a week to follow up. They lack professionalism and means to follow up with potential candidates. Even if they were to call me and say the job was mine, I would say no thanks because of the POOR COMMUNICATION!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was first in person with the former store manager (who left shortly after) and asked about previous work experience and ethics and loss prevention awareness. Then I had a phone interview with the DM who was pleasant took about an hour for each and was told that she will check my references and send me the background check. Once that came back I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate your team towards success and common goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Glendale, AZ) in November 2012.

Interview

It was fun... got to the the store manager and what they were looking for. Walked around the store and learned the store. It felt as if I had already knew the store manager. Very outgoing and made the interview feel more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience as an assistant manager.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at rue21 in June 2012.

Interview

More than one interview with higher ups; scenario questions that were harder than you would think to answer "correctly"; Must be able to think fast and not offend others;

Interview Questions

• You think someone has stolen some clothes from the fitting room, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsport, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at rue21 (Kingsport, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

Well, I was told to come back for an interview as an assistant manager. At the time of interview I was told the person I was going to replace decided to stay, and that they were going to help transfer me elsewhere since I was overly qualified. Then the store didn't meet the loss prevention requirements and I was told that I wasn't allowed to be promoted. Even though the paper specified that management couldn't be transferred or promoted and I was temporarily working an as associate. Then I was told they didn't give me the interview when the position was made available because I was trying to change their policies when I was trying to show them what their policies actually read.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had attempted to negotiate my pay but they wouldn't budge from minimum wage. With the promise of advancement I took it. But then they never kept their promise. A waste of time.