rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at rue21 (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Went in for one interview with the store manager. Very easy and painless, questions are what you would imagine they would be. Store manager was nice, the interview was just done in the stock room, so it was very small, but that's ok. I got offered the job and accepted after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rue21 (Chicago, IL).

Interview

it was easy and straight to the point. the manager was really nice and set out how things worked in the company and narrowed down who was intimidated and who could handle it

Interview Questions

• how would you sell fragrance   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at rue21 (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 Managers in a dressing room & it was super easy. They talked more than I did. I wore light wash jeans, a white vneck, a blue kimono, brown sandals, and brown & gold accessories. Do NOT dress up for the Rue 21 interview unless you're applying to become a manager!!! A light amount of makeup is okay considering you'll probably only be there 20-35 minutes. Try to be open during the interview and make them laugh. Smile and look them in the eye when you ask them a question. Don't forget to tell them thank you at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell frangrances?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are you seeking out of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply at Rue 21?   1 Answer
    • What does your schedule look like?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rue21 (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went great! such nice people and they made me feel very comfortable.The store looked great and very neat.Once you walk in it just makes you want to buy everything:) They also give great customer service.Also they mention to me that you can move up pretty fast as for as your position.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions they asked was, how would I describe my personality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rue21 (Cedar Falls, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

I turned in my application and they asked me to come in later that evening for an interview. When I arrived me and 3 other people were taken outside for the interview. We stood there while the interviewer told us about the job. She talked more than we did. Very easy interview

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at rue21.

Interview

The hiring manager interviewed 3 people at a time, she went thru different questions for each person and also one certain question for everyone to answer. Right after our interview she hired all of us on the spot and got us to go ahead and fill out paper work, probably because there was a new store opening and had to get employees asap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at rue21 (Macon, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I asked around to see if anyone knew about summer employment around my hometown since I would be coming home from school. I was able to get in contact with the store manager and we emailed for about a week. I sent her my resume and she told me to come to a job fair she was having where the store would be since it has not opened yet. It was a very easy going interview. It didn't last long. I did the application first then one of the managers interviewed me. They asked about how to sell fragrance, how to handle different situations in the store among associates, and my job experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our fragrances?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21 in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and I felt very comfortable. I was interviewed by the manager as well as the assistant manager. Both were very friendly and talked a lot about the "Rue 21 Family". They treat their employees like a family and it was very comforting and made me excited to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• So, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you considered college? And if so, where and what?   1 Answer
    • How would you sell a fragrance?   1 Answer
    • Why Rue 21?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would accept the job. They're very nice and willing to work with you on your schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at rue21 (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview it was an okay experience . The girl that interviewed me was very prissy. She asked me about myself and how i would handle most situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a fragrance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smile and be yourself. Dress nice . Dont wear too many colors.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at rue21 in April 2015.

Interview

It was very short and seemed completely uninterested the whole time. She was pretty blunt and the whole thing took 5 minutes, it seemed like they already had their candidates and my interview was just for procedure.