rue21

2.1

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at rue21.

The interview process was one of the easiest I've had only because it was a grand opening for Rue 21 and it was a job fair there was a lot of people getting interviewed that same day so you pretty much had to prove yourself but I was very easy basic interview questions interview was quick because of the amount of people getting interviews ended up getting a call not even 2 hours later as a temporality position which sucked because it was only for 2 days and for 13 hours, but would love to work there as long term it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite fabric to wear in the winter?   View Answer
Non negotiable $9.00 hourly

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at rue21.

The corporate lady had a poster right outside the store because it hadn't opened. I told her I just left cheer practice she said she wanted a cheerleader on the team. Then got me to sign some papers.

Interview Questions
    • They may have you sell a fragrance before you are hired.   View Answer
    I didn't have any previous experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21 in September 2014.

I had to fill out an application, set up an interview. Attend the interview and answer multiple questions. My interview lasted an hour and a half. The manager interviewed me and stressed the importance of fragrance. Dress cute, professional.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was when she asked me if I've ever dealt with theft, and she said there is a lot of theft in the store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21.

I went in to apply for the sales associate position and was told to come back the next day for an interview. Within about a week they had contacted my references and called me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you have no retail experience be ready to answer questions with a related answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at rue21 in July 2014.

It was a group interview which a little less nerve wrecking than an individual interview except I was the first one to answers all the questions because of the order we went in and it didn't give me much time to think of good answers. Other than that the questions weren't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Having to demonstrate how you would sell a perfume to a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21.

It was an open interview for a new store in Iowa. The interviews were between 12 and 5 and I went at 11:50! There were three ladies that were sitting at one table and they were all super nice. Once I filed out my application, one of the ladies told me to sit in front of her (there was a girl being interviewed on my left.) The lady who interviewed me didn't like hearing the other ladies interviewing people so we moved to a different table.

Questions:
    -Tell me about yourself
    -Hobbies
    -Fashion Trends that you like
    -Sell me this perfume
    -Work ethic
    It was super laid back

Dress up! It's a job interview. The other people didn't dress up, I was the only one.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me this perfume like you would to a costumer   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at rue21.

easy, simple questions. just don't be nervous and answer honestly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at rue21 in February 2014.

The Interview Process was nice and simple. I was called in for a group interview. This was my first retail job. I was only 17.I went into the interview being the youngest person in the entire store. The manager was a male that was interviewing me and 2 other girls. The other girl wasn't really interested and then it was just me and one other girl. They took us to the back in the stock room and interviewed while showing us how they base who gets what hours. (THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER STORY). I then got called into to do an interview with the store manager. They did call references.

Interview Questions
    • If you could relate to any animal, What would it be ?   View Answer
    No Negotiation

2 interviews first with the assistant manager then with the store manager

none. min. wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at rue21 in November 2013.

I received the application in person.When I gave my application, I was told to come back the following Tuesday for a interview.This was my first interview (I'm 16) and I have no retail experience so I was a little nervous and anxious. Come to find out, he forgot about a event, and the manager forgot to tell me that day was his off-day. That was unprofessional, but i still agreed to come back the following Friday. The interview was about 30-35 minutes long and most of the questions were typical. I was told that they already had all the associates they needed. I honestly didn't like the interview experience at all.