rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.2

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at rue21.

I went in to apply for the sales associate position and was told to come back the next day for an interview. Within about a week they had contacted my references and called me back with a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • If you have no retail experience be ready to answer questions with a related answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at rue21 in July 2014.

It was a group interview which a little less nerve wrecking than an individual interview except I was the first one to answers all the questions because of the order we went in and it didn't give me much time to think of good answers. Other than that the questions weren't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Having to demonstrate how you would sell a perfume to a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at rue21 in May 2010.

I only had one interview with this employer and he was a bit biasis if you ask me. He had to have his employees look and act a certain way in his store or else he didnt want to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • He asked was I a good fragrance seller and I told him I have never sold fragrances before but I could give it a try.   Answer Question
    Work hours were nagotiable and he worked well around my college life and any other appointments I had. So he was really fair.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at rue21.

It was an open interview for a new store in Iowa. The interviews were between 12 and 5 and I went at 11:50! There were three ladies that were sitting at one table and they were all super nice. Once I filed out my application, one of the ladies told me to sit in front of her (there was a girl being interviewed on my left.) The lady who interviewed me didn't like hearing the other ladies interviewing people so we moved to a different table.

Questions:
    -Tell me about yourself
    -Hobbies
    -Fashion Trends that you like
    -Sell me this perfume
    -Work ethic
    It was super laid back

Dress up! It's a job interview. The other people didn't dress up, I was the only one.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me this perfume like you would to a costumer   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at rue21 in October 2013.

I filled out an application and turned it in. Within the next two weeks I was called to schedule an interview. When I arrived I was given a group interview with about 4 other people. We were taken to the back room and the manager took turns asking us questions or giving us situations we'd come across if we began working for the company. They also made each one of us go and pick out and outfit and and a fragrance so we could try to sell it to the manager in front of the rest of the people being interviewed. A few days later I was offered a position and went in to fill out new hire paperwork and began working within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions however having to sell something to the manager on the spot was a little unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was none. In fact the manager lowered my salary requirement but I really needed the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at rue21.

easy, simple questions. just don't be nervous and answer honestly

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at rue21 in October 2012.

My overall application process was basic, nothing overly complicated. The interview was laid back, and the manager interviewing me was very nice. I was asked about my accomplishments, education, abilities, all of the questions you would expect. If you go in with a positive attitude, and you are open to all of the questions, the interview will not be anything difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question asked that i didn't expect, it was a very simple interview.   Answer Question
    Take into account that your starting pay-minimum wage- is not negotiable, and will never be as long as you work there. The only negotiable aspect is your work availability and hours; if you are free 5 days a week, and you perform well and are an open and social person, you will get shifts 5 days a week.

2 interviews first with the assistant manager then with the store manager

none. min. wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at rue21 in July 2013.

Extremely laid back, plus easy questions. Very short and on the spot. Spent 10 minutes tops answering a series of availability questions and was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at rue21 in November 2013.

I received the application in person.When I gave my application, I was told to come back the following Tuesday for a interview.This was my first interview (I'm 16) and I have no retail experience so I was a little nervous and anxious. Come to find out, he forgot about a event, and the manager forgot to tell me that day was his off-day. That was unprofessional, but i still agreed to come back the following Friday. The interview was about 30-35 minutes long and most of the questions were typical. I was told that they already had all the associates they needed. I honestly didn't like the interview experience at all.

Interview Questions

Worked for rue21? Contribute to the Community!