rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at rue21.

Interview

The hiring manager interviewed 3 people at a time, she went thru different questions for each person and also one certain question for everyone to answer. Right after our interview she hired all of us on the spot and got us to go ahead and fill out paper work, probably because there was a new store opening and had to get employees asap.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at rue21 (Macon, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I asked around to see if anyone knew about summer employment around my hometown since I would be coming home from school. I was able to get in contact with the store manager and we emailed for about a week. I sent her my resume and she told me to come to a job fair she was having where the store would be since it has not opened yet. It was a very easy going interview. It didn't last long. I did the application first then one of the managers interviewed me. They asked about how to sell fragrance, how to handle different situations in the store among associates, and my job experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell our fragrances?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21 in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and I felt very comfortable. I was interviewed by the manager as well as the assistant manager. Both were very friendly and talked a lot about the "Rue 21 Family". They treat their employees like a family and it was very comforting and made me excited to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• So, tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Have you considered college? And if so, where and what?   1 Answer
    • How would you sell a fragrance?   1 Answer
    • Why Rue 21?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would accept the job. They're very nice and willing to work with you on your schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at rue21 (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview it was an okay experience . The girl that interviewed me was very prissy. She asked me about myself and how i would handle most situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a fragrance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smile and be yourself. Dress nice . Dont wear too many colors.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at rue21 in April 2015.

Interview

It was very short and seemed completely uninterested the whole time. She was pretty blunt and the whole thing took 5 minutes, it seemed like they already had their candidates and my interview was just for procedure.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at rue21 in March 2015.

Interview

I went into Rue 21 and asked if they were hiring. The manager said yes and gave me an application to fill out. I came about about an hour later and she looked over. She asked if I could come into for a view on Friday. It was Monday at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

bad communication and management. disliked my experience, it was completely unprofessional and i disliked everything about this company. the clothes are manufactured very poorly and fall apart within weeks. i say don't waste your time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at rue21 (Clovis, CA).

Interview

The interview process was one of the easiest I've had only because it was a grand opening for Rue 21 and it was a job fair there was a lot of people getting interviewed that same day so you pretty much had to prove yourself but I was very easy basic interview questions interview was quick because of the amount of people getting interviews ended up getting a call not even 2 hours later as a temporality position which sucked because it was only for 2 days and for 13 hours, but would love to work there as long term it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite fabric to wear in the winter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable $9.00 hourly

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at rue21.

Interview

The corporate lady had a poster right outside the store because it hadn't opened. I told her I just left cheer practice she said she wanted a cheerleader on the team. Then got me to sign some papers.

Interview Questions

• They may have you sell a fragrance before you are hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have any previous experience

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at rue21 (Lakewood, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had to fill out an application, set up an interview. Attend the interview and answer multiple questions. My interview lasted an hour and a half. The manager interviewed me and stressed the importance of fragrance. Dress cute, professional.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when she asked me if I've ever dealt with theft, and she said there is a lot of theft in the store.   Answer Question