rue21

Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Marketing Intern Interview

Web Marketing Intern
Warrendale, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at rue21 in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very long, drawn out process. First an online one-way interview, then phone interview, then in-person interview with three different people. Everyone was very friendly. There were only 4 people chosen for the last round of interviews so I think it just came down to experience and maybe some personality. I plan on applying again in the future.

Interview Question – Usual interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Allocation Analyst
Warrendale, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at rue21 in December 2009.

Interview Details – dont really remember much over the years that have passed - applied on the website and got a call from human resources to do a pre-screening phone interview. passed that and went in for an in-person interview that took about six hours and met with about 5 different teams of two all firing questions at you. kinda intimidating.

Negotiation Details – no i did not attempt to negotiate. these days you are lucky to have a job let alone negotiate for more money or better vacation time.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Human Resources Intern
Warrendale, PA

I applied online - interviewed at rue21 in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email the next day requesting an online interview be completed within the week. The online interview consisted of practice questions that you could repeat as many times as desired. The "official" interview included 5 questions that you could not re-record. If you messed up, you were stuck with that video. It was nice being able to film at home and on my own time, but it was slightly awkward answering questions to my laptop. It was recommended to visit a store before completing the interview, but there were no questions based on that experience.

I received a rejection email about a week after the online interview deadline. There was no feedback given about why I did not progress to the next stage, which would have been helpful.

Interview Question – Describe a time when there was a conflict within a work group. How did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser
Warrendale, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at rue21 in June 2011.

Interview Details – They initially contacted me for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was there for hours after driving 4 hours for the interview. I interviewed with 6 people. They asked personal questions about kids, relationships and family. Makes you quite uncomfortable. They also ask you confidential information about your current jobs especially if they are a competitor.

I was told originally I would be called back by the end of the week. One month later I got a call asking to come in again. So I did and the process started all over again. They asked even more personal questions and confidential information about previous jobs. They also told me a different salary $3,000 less the second time I came. It was at that point I decided that the company was not worth my energy.

Interview Question – Can you describe in detail the merchandising selecting process at your current job?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Decreased salary
Not professional
Too shady

Finance Interview

Finance
Warrendale, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at rue21 in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple for this company. They do most of the interviewing over the phone or via email because of their suburb headquarter location. They bring you in for final interviews at headquarters with one on one interviews with upper management and HR personnel.

Interview Questions

Product Development Interview

Product Development
Warrendale, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at rue21 in May 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the head of Merchandising. She mostly talked at me a lot, and I sometimes had to cut her off in order to get a word in. She talked fast and long, so there was a lot of information to take in. After about 30 minutes with her, I spoke to someone who currently held a product development position. She told me a little bit about what she does, but then started asking me questions about my personal life which I found strange.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for rue21? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at rue21 interview questions and advice in Warrendale, PA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by rue21 employees and interview candidates.