rue21 Interview Questions & Reviews in Warrendale, PA

6 interviews

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Web Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at rue21 in April 2013.

Very long, drawn out process. First an online one-way interview, then phone interview, then in-person interview with three different people. Everyone was very friendly. There were only 4 people chosen for the last round of interviews so I think it just came down to experience and maybe some personality. I plan on applying again in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Usual interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrendale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at rue21 in December 2009.

dont really remember much over the years that have passed - applied on the website and got a call from human resources to do a pre-screening phone interview. passed that and went in for an in-person interview that took about six hours and met with about 5 different teams of two all firing questions at you. kinda intimidating.

no i did not attempt to negotiate. these days you are lucky to have a job let alone negotiate for more money or better vacation time.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

I interviewed online - interviewed at rue21 in February 2013.

I applied online and received an email the next day requesting an online interview be completed within the week. The online interview consisted of practice questions that you could repeat as many times as desired. The "official" interview included 5 questions that you could not re-record. If you messed up, you were stuck with that video. It was nice being able to film at home and on my own time, but it was slightly awkward answering questions to my laptop. It was recommended to visit a store before completing the interview, but there were no questions based on that experience.

I received a rejection email about a week after the online interview deadline. There was no feedback given about why I did not progress to the next stage, which would have been helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when there was a conflict within a work group. How did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at rue21 in June 2011.

They initially contacted me for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was there for hours after driving 4 hours for the interview. I interviewed with 6 people. They asked personal questions about kids, relationships and family. Makes you quite uncomfortable. They also ask you confidential information about your current jobs especially if they are a competitor.

I was told originally I would be called back by the end of the week. One month later I got a call asking to come in again. So I did and the process started all over again. They asked even more personal questions and confidential information about previous jobs. They also told me a different salary $3,000 less the second time I came. It was at that point I decided that the company was not worth my energy.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe in detail the merchandising selecting process at your current job?   View Answer

Decreased salary
    Not professional
    Too shady

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrendale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at rue21 in March 2010.

The interview process was fairly simple for this company. They do most of the interviewing over the phone or via email because of their suburb headquarter location. They bring you in for final interviews at headquarters with one on one interviews with upper management and HR personnel.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at rue21 in May 2008.

I interviewed with the head of Merchandising. She mostly talked at me a lot, and I sometimes had to cut her off in order to get a word in. She talked fast and long, so there was a lot of information to take in. After about 30 minutes with her, I spoke to someone who currently held a product development position. She told me a little bit about what she does, but then started asking me questions about my personal life which I found strange.

Interview Questions

Worked for rue21? Contribute to the Community!