sTec

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at sTec.

Interview Details – Very informal. Got an email from the manager and scheduled an interview. Met at a coffe shop and had a quick talk. It was very noisy in there and I had a hard time hearing the interveiwer. He tended to talk a lot anyway so I did not really have to talk much! I was asked one or two technical questions. Right to the point and directly related to one their current problems.

Interview Question – Cannot really remember what the questions were. But it had to do with evenly distributing numbers to an array.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at sTec in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was contacted by internal recruiter who didn't really know much, but she set up my interview. I had 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, then 1 in person with her. After that I didn't hear anything for a few weeks (maybe 3) and then came in for more interviews with more senior accounting staff. I was offered the job about a week after that

Interview Question – Asked a lot of questions about GAAP rules in a variety of specific scenarios   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered better pay elsewhere

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at sTec in January 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to a great director over the phone. He extended the invitation to talk to the team almost immediately.

Came in to talk to the group. Everyone seems to be excited to talk to a new person, except one engineer seems to be preoccupied (with his work) and hardly paid any attention to the answer to his questions.

Interview Question – draw a internal logic circuit to count the number of bits that are one.   View Answer

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Senior Firmware Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at sTec in October 2010.

Interview Details – People in the interview panel are confused about what they know personally compared to what the candidate should know for the requirements of the job profile.

Interview Questions

• Given a cube made of NxN sub cubes, find the number of cubes that are no exposed to the outside.   View Answers (4)
  • If a SATA drive is pulled off from an mid-level SAS expander to which the device is connected using SATA bridge and if the SATA drive is inserted back into the expander, how does the Host software know whether this drive is same as the drive which was accessed before   View Answer

Officer Human Resources Interview

Officer Human Resources
Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at sTec in December 2010.

Interview Details – Is great and there are no real flaws. Great introductory package that is systematic and effective

Interview Question – Why didnt you become a lawyer?   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Senior Sourcing Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at sTec in August 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview which lasted for 1.5 hours by the MD,VP Operations, HR Director, VP of Procurement and Senior Supply Chain Manager. Very interesting and interactive interview.

Interview Question – keep asking the same question on how to manage people even though I have given my thoughts on this subject.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Software Engineer Interview

Technical Architect Software Engineer
Pune (India)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at sTec in November 2011.

Interview Details – There was a written Program test of 1 hour on data structures and algorithms. Once that was cleared, there were 2 telephonic rounds of interviews each of an hour on C, WIndows Device Drivers, etc. Interviewers were motivating and the interactions were also very good.

Interview Question – Write a program for source code version control in ANSI C.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided not to relocate.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Pune (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at sTec in April 2011.

Interview Details – It consisted of a 1:1 interview wherein the employer asked about earlier experiece and very few technical questions.

Interview Question – If you were given an option to write a Test Automation Framework, which language would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a good offer. So I did not negotiate. Its a good company to work with.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at sTec in November 2010.

Interview Details – The problem with the People I met at Stec is that some of its “vps” don’t know how to articulate a question and you end up not knowing what on earth this person wants to know. Looking at some backgrounds, some of them couldn’t hold a job of more than 3 three years at other places and that should tell you something

I talked to some of the people who had worked there and they gave a very bad feedback on the work environment and the respect they used to get for their work and one of them said it was a real “sweat shop”.

I think, interviewing with this company is just a waste of time and working for them is just a waste of life

Interview Question – Hard to understand the questions   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at sTec in August 2008.

Interview Details – I knew the manager and I had worked with him before. He invited me to join his team and I did.

Interview Question – Basic Questions from my resume.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for sTec? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at sTec interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by sTec employees and interview candidates.