sTec Interview Questions

Technical Architect Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at sTec (Pune (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

There was a written Program test of 1 hour on data structures and algorithms. Once that was cleared, there were 2 telephonic rounds of interviews each of an hour on C, WIndows Device Drivers, etc. Interviewers were motivating and the interactions were also very good.

Interview Questions

• Write a program for source code version control in ANSI C.   Answer Question

I decided not to relocate.

Senior Sourcing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at sTec in August 2012.

Interview

Only one interview which lasted for 1.5 hours by the MD,VP Operations, HR Director, VP of Procurement and Senior Supply Chain Manager. Very interesting and interactive interview.

Interview Questions

• keep asking the same question on how to manage people even though I have given my thoughts on this subject.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at sTec (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Talked to a great director over the phone. He extended the invitation to talk to the team almost immediately.

Came in to talk to the group. Everyone seems to be excited to talk to a new person, except one engineer seems to be preoccupied (with his work) and hardly paid any attention to the answer to his questions.

Interview Questions

• draw a internal logic circuit to count the number of bits that are one.   1 Answer

Officer Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at sTec (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in December 2010.

Interview

Is great and there are no real flaws. Great introductory package that is systematic and effective

Negotiation

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at sTec in June 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by internal recruiter who didn't really know much, but she set up my interview. I had 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, then 1 in person with her. After that I didn't hear anything for a few weeks (maybe 3) and then came in for more interviews with more senior accounting staff. I was offered the job about a week after that

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of questions about GAAP rules in a variety of specific scenarios   Answer Question

I was offered better pay elsewhere

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at sTec in May 2010.

Interview

group went to hear sales talk, then individually went to panel interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at sTec in August 2008.

Interview

I knew the manager and I had worked with him before. He invited me to join his team and I did.

Senior Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at sTec (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

People in the interview panel are confused about what they know personally compared to what the candidate should know for the requirements of the job profile.

Interview Questions

• Given a cube made of NxN sub cubes, find the number of cubes that are no exposed to the outside.   5 Answers
    • If a SATA drive is pulled off from an mid-level SAS expander to which the device is connected using SATA bridge and if the SATA drive is inserted back into the expander, how does the Host software know whether this drive is same as the drive which was accessed before   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at sTec in November 2010.

Interview

The problem with the People I met at Stec is that some of its “vps” don’t know how to articulate a question and you end up not knowing what on earth this person wants to know. Looking at some backgrounds, some of them couldn’t hold a job of more than 3 three years at other places and that should tell you something

I talked to some of the people who had worked there and they gave a very bad feedback on the work environment and the respect they used to get for their work and one of them said it was a real “sweat shop”.

I think, interviewing with this company is just a waste of time and working for them is just a waste of life

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at sTec.

Interview

Very informal. Got an email from the manager and scheduled an interview. Met at a coffe shop and had a quick talk. It was very noisy in there and I had a hard time hearing the interveiwer. He tended to talk a lot anyway so I did not really have to talk much! I was asked one or two technical questions. Right to the point and directly related to one their current problems.

Interview Questions

• Cannot really remember what the questions were. But it had to do with evenly distributing numbers to an array.   Answer Question