Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

29 Interview Questions: 1120 of 29 Sort by

Mar 27, 2013

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at VMware:

“No questions appeared too difficult for me because I was prepared. I would advise to interview at other companies before VMware just to gain experience. VMware doesn't ask you puzzles or give you…”

Jan 17, 2013

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at Salesforce.com:

“The programming exam was fairly large and had many ways of doing it. I chose to spend time on the design and proper Object Oriented design of my code and never actually got an executable going…”

Oct 15, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Altera:

“Leadership questions.”

Sep 9, 2012

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at Sandia:

“For an experimental mechanical engineering position, I did not expect to be asked chemical engineering computational questions. "Speaking generally, how would you model reactor flow in this case? How…”

Aug 14, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at Sandia:

“There were some very personal questions that I didn't expect. Technically the interview process was quite benign.”

Aug 1, 2012

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at VMware:

“How do you reverse print a string. After answering the same by providing an out of the box API, the next unexpected question was "What if it does NOT exist". While and 2nd alternative was provided…”

Jul 28, 2012

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at VMware:

“Clone a linked list with following scenario:
1) The data of every node in the link could be a pointer to another node in the link.
2) The clone should create the exact structure/graph as of…”

Jun 24, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at VMware:

“Threads and example of creating a semaphore / distributed semaphore.”

Jun 24, 2012

Interview Question for Anonymous at VMware:

“A lot of questions about data structures (including both balanced and unbalanced trees) and algorithms.”

Apr 26, 2012

Interview Question for Senior Member of Technical Staff at Salesforce.com:

“You're on vacation and you need to provide your boss with input for a presentation to the CEO. What do you do?”