shopkick Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at shopkick.

Interview

I had one HR interview and 3 technical interviews and got rejected on the final round interview. The technical questions were about algorithms and not very difficult. The most difficult one is divide a string into fixed length rows and follow-ups. The follow-ups could be solved by DP, but I did not have enough time at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at career fair, scheduled phone interview. Total of three phone interviews but ultimately no offer. One behavioral with HR, two technical with engineers. Technical interviews were coding questions done over a shared online document. Very data structures heavy, allow you to use any language. Employees were polite and professional. Product seems interesting.

Interview Questions

• Linked List and Binary Tree algorithm questions (fairly standard)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at shopkick in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter phone interview followed by a technical interview.
    The technical interview is quite smooth, but I do no know why I failed when got thank you email at the same day.
    It took me 1 hour 15 minutes to go through resume, ask and answer problems to test culture fit, and ask me a 'Letter combinations of a phone number'. Did everything perfectly. Just stuck a little while for time complexity analysis but then correct it.
    May I am over-qualified?

Interview Questions

• 'Letter combinations of a phone number'   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially chatted with an engineer at the Greylock Tech Fair and talked about the company and what he did there. I also told him about my situation (graduating in December, but not starting until the summer) and he said that I could interview anytime and then start whenever, which was pretty chill. I then had a phone call with the engineering recruiter and it was going well until she asked me for my GPA. I know I don't have the most stellar GPA, but the minimum at Shopkick is 3.5, which is pretty darn high for a minimum. And they don't care how many projects you do or past internships you have or what school/program you attended unless this GPA minimum is met. She then consoled me by saying that they'll follow up with me in a year, when GPA "doesn't matter". So that was how far I got into the hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at shopkick.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter and a first phone interview was setup. I thought that went badly since the recruiter kept asking more and more confusing follow up questions on how to improve when I had told there was no significant improvements. In the end in interviewer told me the same thing ?! Surprisingly however I was called back for another interview. Was asked to explain a piece of code and asked to make improvements. The interviewer told me that I was right and I thought I had done well. Was sent a vague generic rejection email after that from the recruiting team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Got connected by recruiter on linkedin, and a technical phone interview was set up right after hr called me. It was a very fast process.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed with HR recruiter first and then with the manager of the department. First interview with recruiter went great. He asked basic questions but I got a great feeling for the position and the company. Second interview with the hiring manager went horrible. She actually made it feel like I was wasting her time. No lady - you're wasting MY TIME! You should have reviewed my resume first and NOT contacted me if you felt I was not up to your standards or did not possess the skills and/or qualities you were looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at shopkick in October 2013.

Interview

Completed a first round interview, which consisted of a technical phone screen. The interviewer came across as quite cold and gave very little guidance or hints as to what he expected to see, which was very odd given that the interview question was very open-ended. The interview lasted about 60 minutes and consisted of a single, open-ended question—a real-time remote coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Asked to implement a data structure in a programming language of choice. What made the task difficult is that the interviewer provided very little feedback so it was difficult to make optimization and scaling trade-offs.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at shopkick in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews went well, then I had the in person interview. My first impression of this company is that they think they are Google and it shows in how the office is designed. The staff was unprofessional when I arrived. They lied about where the other interviewers were and it just reeked of a delusional company that thinks too highly of itself. I should have known better by looking at the "leadership" section of their site.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult and the questions were what you would expect. Tell me about yourself? Why do you think you’re a good fit for this role? The basics with a few that cover the requirements of the position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at shopkick (Redwood City, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

In the phone interview I did two algorithm coding questions.

Then I got the onsite interview in their redwood city office, the whole interview was grilling and awkward, only academic algorithm questions.