Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

8 Companies: 13 of 8

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at VMware:

“software design questions.”

Feb 17, 2014

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at Google:

“Deep programming questions, large scale systems design details.”

Feb 17, 2014

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at LinkedIn:

“I can't talk about the questions, but one of the topics the recruiter will tell you is about Linux Internals and that is definitely the most difficult.”

Feb 15, 2014

Interview Question for Junior Site Reliability Engineer at Altiscale:

“Questions listed above.”

Feb 9, 2014

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at Google:

“Consider a scenario in which an trans-continental file transfer fails with the following error message: [...] This is the only information you have to go on; walk us through your mental line of…”

Oct 29, 2013

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at Google:

“With respect to my NDA, I won't go into details, but I was asked to design a highly-available production service from bare metal all the way to algorithms and data structures.”

Oct 9, 2013

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at LinkedIn:

“You need to distribute a terabyte of data from a single server to 10,000 nodes, and then keep that data up to date. It takes several hours to copy the data just to one server. How would you do this…”

Sep 22, 2013

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer Intern at Google:

“I didn't expected questions about my research but was pleasantly surprised. The questions were more on how I think about a problem and my approach to problem solving outside the box. Some of the…”

Apr 4, 2013

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at LinkedIn:

“Asked me how the kernel new to connect to a remote machine. Wasn't too sure if they were asking the lower level c calls, general OS theory, or just basic files / networking components (routing…”

Mar 26, 2013

Interview Question for Site Reliability Engineer at OpenX:

“it was a long time ago and I don't remember those details”

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Site Reliability Engineer interview questions and reviews. All 28 interview questions posted anonymously by employees and interview candidates.