Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

190 Companies: 13 of 190

36 Software Development Engineer Interview Questions and Reviews

See the latest Expedia Jobs

1,786 Interview Questions: 110 of 1,786 Sort by

Aug 19, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer III at Mitchell International:

“Nothing unexpected.”

Aug 19, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology:

“"Write a method to return the lowest number not in a group of numbers"”

Aug 17, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Amazon.com:

“The most difficult question was one in which I had to design a specific algorithm off the top of my head, and really had no clue where to start. It wasn't inherently difficult, I just wasn't…”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aug 15, 2014

Interview Question for Java Software Development Engineer In Test at AltaSource:

“Tell us about a challenge you overcame in you last position.”

Aug 14, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) at Microsoft:

“Honestly don't remember, but I was not stuck anywhere so there was nothing too ridiculous. But they do expect you to think of edge cases and test cases, especially for an SDET.”

Aug 12, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer II at Microsoft:

“I was asked a question about hashing that required a clever solution that used bit shifting. I think the interviewer may have realized that it was too hard to give candidates a chance to demonstrate…”

Aug 10, 2014

“There was some sorting thing using an array. It's been a bit too long so I don't really remember. Also some test-related questions for which I was unprepared.”

Aug 10, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at ServiceNow:

“Nothing in particular - they were just trying to pull my legs and put me in bad light. They were just not interested in interviewing me. Thoroughly unprofessional and uncourteous.”

Aug 8, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“I'll respect the NDA and not go into specifics. I will say that it involved graph traversal.”

Aug 7, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Google:

“Most unexpected question: Does it feel right to correlate a dithering algorithm to a binary search function?”