Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

1,805 Interview Questions: 1120 of 1,805

Sort by

Aug 26, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II at Microsoft:

“how to determine if a graph is bi-partitite.”

Interview Question for Software Development Support Engineer at Amazon.com:

“Parse the first column of a CSV using bash.”

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Alcatel-Lucent:

“Had a problem with an EE question about PLL programming. It used hexadecimal notation with caches.”

Aug 25, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Stoneriver:

“Brain teases. You have 10M records(ID, Name), but can only process 1000 of them at one time. How you can get the ID containing the Name repeats the most?”

Aug 25, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“Invent fastest algorithm to calculate exponential”

Aug 19, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer III at Mitchell International:

“Nothing unexpected.”

Aug 19, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Raytheon Applied Signal Technology:

“"Write a method to return the lowest number not in a group of numbers"”

Aug 17, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Amazon.com:

“The most difficult question was one in which I had to design a specific algorithm off the top of my head, and really had no clue where to start. It wasn't inherently difficult, I just wasn't…”

Aug 15, 2014

Interview Question for Java Software Development Engineer In Test at AltaSource:

“Tell us about a challenge you overcame in you last position.”

Aug 14, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) at Microsoft:

“Honestly don't remember, but I was not stuck anywhere so there was nothing too ridiculous. But they do expect you to think of edge cases and test cases, especially for an SDET.”