Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

(Posted anonymously by job candidates)

1,767 Interview Questions: 1120 of 1,767 Sort by

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Zillow:

“String to long conversion”

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“A lot of behavioral questions, have some experiences memorized so you're not making it up as you go along.”

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer I at Classic Vacations:

“There were unexpected questions from cross department peers, although the questions sounded non-threatening and friendly, but they were not entirely friendly. There were several of them and I could…”

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jul 7, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com:

“I was asked to implement a hash map from scratch. It was challenging because we don't really think in detail about how to do it. There were problems about resolving hash collisions, how to maintain…”

Jul 5, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Galavantier:

“All of the questions were pretty standard.”

Jul 4, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer (SDE) at Microsoft:

“Given a dictionary and a function that returns if a work is in the dictionary, create a function that takes a non-space delimited string and outputs the same string with words separated by spaces.”

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer In Test at Akamai:

“Various networking questions that I wasn't expected to fully know the answer to.”

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer In Test at Akamai:

“Was given various challenges to write scripts that test different programs and data.”

Jul 3, 2014

Interview Question for Senior Staff Software Development Engineer at Blue Coat Systems:

“The most difficult question was during the whiteboard exercises. I don't remember the exact question, but it had to do with linked lists.”

Jun 30, 2014

Interview Question for Software Development Engineer at Flextronics:

“There was a test for all applicants covering all varieties of physics, stat, math, and computer science questions.”